CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we made it and i really enjoyed Coronado. Our rooms were nice. We stayed in Casita's 3. We used bus stop 4 or 2. Felt it was same distance. The crowd level wasn't bad at all during this week. So the bus stops weren't crowded at all. Even at the bus stop in the front of the center. Our clerk who checked us in was so nice. One thing I did notice was there were not a lot of kids. There was a convention going on but even that wasn't an issue. I found Coronado very quiet and peaceful. Would recommend it very much. Thanks Katmark and Buzz for all your info that you gave. It helped !!

We arrive at CSR on Sunday around 11! I'm getting pretty excited. We had requested a room in the cabanas section, but I think when I get there, I might try to see if they had any of the new rooms available :) Either way, I can't wait to get there!

Have a MAGICAL trip.

Well, we made it and i really enjoyed Coronado. Our rooms were nice. We stayed in Casita's 3. We used bus stop 4 or 2. Felt it was same distance. The crowd level wasn't bad at all during this week. So the bus stops weren't crowded at all. Even at the bus stop in the front of the center. Our clerk who checked us in was so nice. One thing I did notice was there were not a lot of kids. There was a convention going on but even that wasn't an issue. I found Coronado very quiet and peaceful. Would recommend it very much. Thanks Katmark and Buzz for all your info that you gave. It helped !!

I am SO very happy that you enjoyed Coronado. We were in Casitas 3 in September and we loved the location. It is a very peaceful resort--and that is why we just can't leave it. :)

Glad you had a great trip!!

Have a mgical and safe trip, also hope you get a new room!pixiedust:
Thank you! :thumbsup2

We arrive at CSR on Sunday around 11! I'm getting pretty excited. We had requested a room in the cabanas section, but I think when I get there, I might try to see if they had any of the new rooms available :) Either way, I can't wait to get there!

Maybe I'll see you there!:wave2:

Welcome back, glad you enjoyed your stay.

Well, I have finally adjusted my "package" for CSR, so it works for us! lol
Gosh, only one of you know all the back and forths here..SSsshhh.!
I went from CL..water view..4/3 package, room only, AP/Dining...but realized I can make the 4/3 work for us....I will just check out before I have to, but then have my room all day on departure day which will be great with DD11 and DD2 1/2!! (just us girls)
So the only kicker is, all that was left was a King! Figures! lol
We will get a rollaway...requested Cabanas 8A, per Buzz's info:) The CM attempted to "gently push" CBR, all room cat's were available....said I am happy where I'm at!

16 Sleeps and counting till we arrive in CSR. I am so excited! This thread has been so helpful and made us decide to pick here for our first on-site stay. Just reading all the information has helped so much. My daughter looked at the pictures again last night to familiarize herself with the place. We cannot wait to get there for Christmas.

about how long of a walk is it from cabana 9a to the pepper market? 5 minutes or more? Just trying to figure out where I should request.

WALK
The distance around the whole lake is just under a mile (.97 miles).

Walking Distances
From El Centro moving clockwise around the lake path to:
Casitas 3 = .16 miles
Casitas 4 = .24 miles
Casitas 5 = .27 miles
Ranchos = .46 miles

From El Centro to the Dig Site, via the bridge near the Cabanas
= .35 miles

From El Centro moving counterclockwise around the lake to:
Cabanas 9B = .16 miles
Cabanas 9A/8B = .22 miles
Cabanas 8A = .31 miles
Rancho 7b = .35 miles

I just spoke to someone at the CSR and she indicated that there are VERY FEW differences in the new looks of the Club rooms and the Standard Rooms!

Agggh! I can't wait to see them! LOL!
I feel like a kid on Christmas waiting to see what they look like.
I swear I think this has been one of Disney's best kept secrets! LOL!
I don't think I remember having to wait so long to see what renovated rooms look like.
:)

I just spoke to someone at the CSR and she indicated that there are VERY FEW differences in the new looks of the Club rooms and the Standard Rooms!
I would bet one difference is that the regular rooms won't have the wooden doors separating the sink from the beds.

O.k I know this sounds silly but do they have splenda at the counter service area at CSR? I use a package a day for one of my son's medications and I could bring some but I know in March they actually had it as their sweetener at POR so I wondered if CSR has it also.

O.k I know this sounds silly but do they have splenda at the counter service area at CSR? I use a package a day for one of my son's medications and I could bring some but I know in March they actually had it as their sweetener at POR so I wondered if CSR has it also.
My DW says that they have Splenda in the rooms in the coffee packets so they must have it in the PM. She thinks they had Equal and Splenda.

Here are some pictures from last week. 12/3-12/7

Christmas tree in the lobby
DDADecember2008073.jpg

Pool at night
DDADecember2008001.jpg

Ranchos
DDADecember2008034.jpg

DDADecember2008035.jpg

DDADecember2008036.jpg

Taken from the Cabanas side of the lake
DDADecember2008083.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter