CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ckret01....did you take your pictures very early in the morning? It looks so quiet and peaceful, like you had the place to yourselves. We stayed at POR in Oct. and really enjoyed it. Going to WDW again at the end of April. When I made reservations (online) CSR was only Mod. available. Now I see that POR is available for our dates. I'm torn between keeping CSR or changing to POR. CSR looks like such a beautiful resort. The queen beds are a big plus. However the boat to DTD is a big plus for POR. OH the decisions!!!:confused3

Hi there :).....I took those pics around 10 or 11 am. I have to say that during our whole trip it felt empty the entire time even though it wasn't. I think because the place is so big you feel like you have it all to yourself. I have stayed at the POR twice in the past and it was one of my favorite resorts but now that I stayed at the CSR for the first time last month I fell in love with it and will definitely stay there again. The grounds are just beautiful and it really is peaceful. :)

Okay you only have to go to Buzz2001's site to see how beautiful the place is. Yes it is beautiful. Yes The pool is magnificent! Yes it is as close to a deluxe you can get without paying the deluxe prices, and yes the bus service is quick easily accessible. But I have a comment that makes CSR even more wonderful.

My son's appendix ruptured while we were there. We had only been in Disney for 2 days. The staff at the CSR were as close to family as we could have asked for being so far from home. The staff gave us rides to the hospital so that we didn't have to pay for a cab. They did that out of kindness it was not required of them. We had a beautiful get well message with balloons and gifts for our family one day when we returned from the hospital. The cleaning staff checked on our sons progress daily. Unfortunately we needed to leave the resort and move closer to the hospital. But I must say that the kindness the staff at CSR showed our family was above and beyond. It was nice to have so many caring faces during a time that was horrible for us! :lovestruc
Thanks for posting! The CM's at CSR are great!!

Well our time to leave for our first family trip to WDW and CSR is almost upon us. The excitment in our house from our little boys is so thick it could be cut with a butter knife.:yay: :yay:

And not only is this a first trip for our two boys, my MIL, and my BIL......but, DH and I are celebrating 15 years of marriage! Boy, time flies when you're having fun and in love! :love2:

Lets see, I think I have everything we'll need set out and ready to be packed. I made a small delivery order with Gardengrocer (case of water, some pop, snacks). I PM'd Jamey (JamesLynn) with our room location request (and I faxed it to CSR as well). I've never made a room request before because DH and I and our kids could stay just about anywhere without a problem. However, because my MIL has such terrible arthritis in her knees and can't walk very far, I did think it would wise to request a building(s) that would be a better location for her.

Buzz, KatMark (Kathy), JamesLynn (Jamey), and oh shoot, I know there's several more......I really want to thank all of you for your wonderful help and advice and expertise!:grouphug:

I'll try to post some live reports and pics while we're there.:thumbsup2

Have a magical trip. Can't wait to hear about it!

Well, we made it, and all I can say is....WOW!! :cloud9: It is beautiful!! We are in Casitas building 3 on the first floor. Tonight we check out the pool, and the teens in the group can't wait for that. I'll post pics and such when we get home.

I'm a little nervous about making a ressie here. I like the ranchos section the best but I have a couple questions. If I choose 6B or 7B, how long is the walk to the food court? If we stay in the Ranchos will we be Ok w/out a car?

I'm a little nervous about making a ressie here. I like the ranchos section the best but I have a couple questions. If I choose 6B or 7B, how long is the walk to the food court? If we stay in the Ranchos will we be Ok w/out a car?

I'm not sure where 6B or 7B are as we always stay in Casitas 4 or 5. Ranchos is the next section after the Castias. It takes me five minutes from Casitas 5 to the main building in the morning for our coffee. If you really want to stay there and are worried about the walk, ask for a closer section or you can take the park buses as the last stop is the main building.

Well, we made it, and all I can say is....WOW!! :cloud9: It is beautiful!! We are in Casitas building 3 on the first floor. Tonight we check out the pool, and the teens in the group can't wait for that. I'll post pics and such when we get home.

Hooray! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back. Have a great time.

Hope you have a wonderful time. Looking forward to hearing about it and the Casitas!

I'm not sure where 6B or 7B are as we always stay in Casitas 4 or 5. Ranchos is the next section after the Castias. It takes me five minutes from Casitas 5 to the main building in the morning for our coffee. If you really want to stay there and are worried about the walk, ask for a closer section or you can take the park buses as the last stop is the main building.

We were in Ranchos 6B and we were pretty far away from El Centro. It wasn't too bad in the mornings. But after a day in the park, it felt like miles and miles. :)

Building 9b has been completed and CSR will go live with business club level at the first of next year. Some CM's will see the new lounge on the 16th.

Renovations have been completed on the 4th floors of bldgs 1,2,and 3. All is progressing nicely. Check ahead as to where the work is going on. The third floors of those buildings were noisy; but only during the day (regular work hours). Most will be in the parks at that time, so it is no big deal. But if you have infants that will need mid-day nap, ask when you are checking in.

The quiet pool at bldg 4 is being rehabbed. Should be finished soon.

CSR has the resort shuttle running from 7 pm until 2 or 3 am. It seems strange; but they received more complaints about the shuttle service when they are running it, than when they don't.......so CSR has cut it out during the daylight hours unless a convention group pays for the extra service.

Will the pool rehab in the casita section be done before christmas?
How can I find this out?
I have requested casita 4-5 top floor but now think I should change this....renovations and the pool closed...yeah, definitely.
ahhhh.....
I requested my room through special/medical requests so I guess I should call them back...do you think they will know about the reno's/construction going on ??

ckret01....did you take your pictures very early in the morning? It looks so quiet and peaceful, like you had the place to yourselves. We stayed at POR in Oct. and really enjoyed it. Going to WDW again at the end of April. When I made reservations (online) CSR was only Mod. available. Now I see that POR is available for our dates. I'm torn between keeping CSR or changing to POR. CSR looks like such a beautiful resort. The queen beds are a big plus. However the boat to DTD is a big plus for POR. OH the decisions!!!:confused3

We just got back from the CSR and really enjoyed it, we had previously stayed at the POR and I have to say that we did miss the POR. Specifically we missed the POR's beautiful grounds and the set up of food court. The CSR busses were great to all the parks and yes the Queen beds are awesome! A minus to us about the CSR was that it seemed to be missing the charm that POR has. All in all we are very happy that we stayed at Coronado, but would go probably go back to POR next time.

We just got back from the CSR and really enjoyed it, we had previously stayed at the POR and I have to say that we did miss the POR. Specifically we missed the POR's beautiful grounds and the set up of food court. The CSR busses were great to all the parks and yes the Queen beds are awesome! A minus to us about the CSR was that it seemed to be missing the charm that POR has. All in all we are very happy that we stayed at Coronado, but would go probably go back to POR next time.

Welcome back and glad you enjoyed CSR and that you gave it a try.

Hi Everyone,

We are staying at CSR in February and it will be our first time there. Any recommendations regarding which building(s) I should request? We would like to be somewhat near the Dig pool. Which buildings have been recently rennovated with the new queen beds? Thanks for all your help :)

Thanks for the info, Buzz. Very, very helpful :) Has the entire resort been renovated with new beds or just certain buildings/floors?

Thanks for the info, Buzz. Very, very helpful :) Has the entire resort been renovated with new beds or just certain buildings/floors?

Queen beds have been put into most rooms except those getting the new King beds. The 4th floor of certain Casitas Buildings and the new Club Level Building are completely done with the new furniture, paint, televisions, etc. They seem to be working at a nice pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter