CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I find the phone number for room request? Is it easiest just to call the hotel itself? TIA.

We arrive tomorrow! Wooooooooooooooo!!!!

The phone # is 407-939-1000
the fax # is 407-939-1001

We arrive on Wednesday and I'm getting ready to fax my request in when I go downstairs to my office.

Have a great trip.

Where can I find the phone number for room request? Is it easiest just to call the hotel itself? TIA.

We arrive tomorrow! Wooooooooooooooo!!!!

We arrive on Wednesday and I'm getting ready to fax my request in when I go downstairs to my office.

Have a great trip.

Hope both of you and your families have great trips! :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Thanks Buzz. No conventions while we're there next week. 5 more days :banana:

Just an F.Y.I., there may still be conventions while you are there that may not be on the list. We had also thought there may be no conventions during our stay, there were actually two. Not that this affected our stay at all, we found the convention people to be fun. :thumbsup2

Enjoy your stay!!

I wanna go back so bad, I'm jealous!

Just an F.Y.I., there may still be conventions while you are there that may not be on the list. We had also thought there may be no conventions during our stay, there were actually two. Not that this affected our stay at all, we found the convention people to be fun. :thumbsup2

Enjoy your stay!!

I wanna go back so bad, I'm jealous!

Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully, if it's not on the list it's not too big of a convention. More convention people equals less people wanting to go on the bus for the parks. On our last trip we had some but only on the first few days because it was Thanksgiving week. It was no big deal.

I understand the being jealous part - if I were you I would want to be back in that suite you had. DH usually does not like when I show him pics from the DIS but he really enjoyed looking at your suite.

Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully, if it's not on the list it's not too big of a convention. More convention people equals less people wanting to go on the bus for the parks. On our last trip we had some but only on the first few days because it was Thanksgiving week. It was no big deal.

I understand the being jealous part - if I were you I would want to be back in that suite you had. DH usually does not like when I show him pics from the DIS but he really enjoyed looking at your suite.

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed the pics :thumbsup2 We do miss it, that week was incredible!

Have fun and enjoy! pixiedust: Sending some your way!

As Kathy said, this is not a complete list, just some that have been compiled into one location.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21401216&postcount=107

The ranchos are a nice location. People don't like them because of the walk to the main building. If you don't mind that, you'll love them.

Thanks for the info Buzz. Our 1st year we went to Disney the TA talked us out of going CSR because she said it would be too busy. I didn't see alot of people in any of the resort pics. We ended up at POFQ and really liked the resort, its small and quiet, not busy or loud, and not alot of kids running the place.

We don't mind the walk but I see they now have a shuttle to drive back and forth. Does that go back to the ranchos or not ?? We are looking for the qiuetest place there. 2yrs ago we spent a week under Lebron James, a ball bouncing until 2:00 am. Yes a value resort !!!

One thing we are worried about is how crowded are the buses I have a terrable back, and will have a hard time standing on the bus. We have checked with Disney and they said there isn't anything whey can do about getting a seat on the bus.

I do hope that the resort is half as good as the pictures look. I have convinced my wife to change our POFQ reservation to the CSR so if something goes wrong I'm in a world of trouble !! Thanks to all who have responded to this link with all the advice, it helped out with our decision to try and see if CSR can be a new place to call home when we go to Disney. Thanks for all your time and giving me a ear/eye to talk at about this.

Chuck

We don't mind the walk but I see they now have a shuttle to drive back and forth. Does that go back to the ranchos or not?? The shuttle is no longer in operation. CSR is deciding the future of the shuttle. If it is running during your stay, it is because a convention group is paying extra for it but it will be open to all guests. It circles the entire resort so to answer you question, if it is running, it will go to the ranchos. We are looking for the qiuetest place there. 2yrs ago we spent a week under Lebron James, a ball bouncing until 2:00 am. Yes a value resort!!! The ranchos are typically a quiet section of the resort. Rancho 7b is very nice.

One thing we are worried about is how crowded are the buses I have a terrable back, and will have a hard time standing on the bus. We have checked with Disney and they said there isn't anything whey can do about getting a seat on the bus. That's were having conventions at the resort comes in handy. The guests are busy during the day leaving the bus and poo open for non convention guests.

I do hope that the resort is half as good as the pictures look. I have convinced my wife to change our POFQ reservation to the CSR so if something goes wrong I'm in a world of trouble!! The major difference is the size. Be prepare to walk. IF you do that going in, then you won't regret your decision. CSR has a spa, salon, dance club, full menu room service and much more that POFQ does not offer.

I was going to surprise my daughter with a suite at WL for our Nov trip. She found out and asked me to Pleaseee change back to CSR, so I did. She said she'd rather stay in a standard room at CSR than at a suite in any other WDW hotel!

Buzz, I hope they give you a bonus for all these folks you are converting to CSR. ;) We are headed there in about 32 days! We initially had a POFQ reservation, but after reading all your info, we switched to CSR! We think it sounds like a great place to spend our anniversary! :goodvibes

Buzz, I hope they give you a bonus for all these folks you are converting to CSR. ;) We are headed there in about 32 days! We initially had a POFQ reservation, but after reading all your info, we switched to CSR! We think it sounds like a great place to spend our anniversary! :goodvibes

Have a great time. We spent our 25th anniversary there and it was perfect.

Today is the 45 day mark for us!!!! Ready to be there now, but at the same time I can't believe it is this close!

Wait until it is 30 days, then 25, 20....it will come so fast you won't believe it. Have a great time.

Kat! Congratualtions on your 25th! My DH and I will reach it in January of next year. We were going to celebrate at Disney..but then our eldest announced her engagement!

Now we've got a wedding to plan (and help pay) for! :bride:

Luckily I'm going in just 4 days...it'll just have to hold me till next time :thumbsup2

I called today and changed my ressie to a water view and requested the Casitas building 4 or 5. I am trying to plan this vacation just right. DH said for me to plan my dream vacation for our 21 year anniversary:love: ! We have only left the kids once in 20 years. OK, staying at a disney resort is my dream vacation, honey! And of course I have to take our DD11 with us! I don't think this quit what he had in mind. But, I don't hear any complaints form him either.

I called today and changed my ressie to a water view and requested the Casitas building 4 or 5. I am trying to plan this vacation just right. DH said for me to plan my dream vacation for our 21 year anniversary:love: ! We have only left the kids once in 20 years. OK, staying at a disney resort is my dream vacation, honey! And of course I have to take our DD11 with us! I don't think this quit what he had in mind. But, I don't hear any complaints form him either.

We love Casitas 4 and 5--it is our favorite sections of CSR! Enjoy...and happy 21st!

Congratulations! Sounds like a great time :)

Wait until it is 30 days, then 25, 20....it will come so fast you won't believe it. Have a great time.

I know what you mean! We are 1 month and 11 days out and suddenlly I am in a bit of a panic...will there be time to get everything done in my real life so I can up and go away for two weeks!
EEK

Have a great trip.

Did you send your fax yet? I'm thinking that I might have found you when I was going throught the incoming faxes last night. The proper people got it and I'll look at work today to see what they gave you.

Our last trip we checked out around 11am with our luggage to do the Magical Express service. We had to wait 2 HOURS to just get our luggage dropped off! I was pretty annoyed and it was frustrating to just stand in this LONG line for 2 hours to drop off luggage! I would MUCH rather have been doing something fun!

So, do you all have any tips on speedy checkout with the Magical Express luggage system at CSR?

Thank you in advance. We went at the same time of year last year, so I would anticipate same crowds.

When we checked out at AKL the year prior, it was pretty fast. Only one person in front of us (granted, it took a while for that one person and there was only one person managing the luggage check, but MUCH better than 2+ hours!!!)

At 11, there's lots of other people checking out at that time. When I leave work at 8:30 am, there's never that many people waiting to check their luggage. So the earlier the better.

jameslynn:

we will be at csr 12/25-30. we requested cabanas 9a or b - is this a good choice or should we switch to casitas? we want to be as close to the pepper market, maya grill and bus stop as possible. also, have they begun renovations on any section yet??thanks!!! :confused3

jameslynn:

we will be at csr 12/25-30. we requested cabanas 9a or b - is this a good choice or should we switch to casitas? we want to be as close to the pepper market, maya grill and bus stop as possible. also, have they begun renovations on any section yet??thanks!!! :confused3

I know that rooms are starting to go down for renovations, but I haven't heard exactly where.

It all depends on what type of theme you want as to where you should request. Since you want to be near the main area, I'd go for Casitas. There's a bus stop behind Casitas 4, which also happens to be the first stop for the theme parks. Even if you get Casitas 5, which is the furthest Casita, you're only 5 minutes away from the Pepper Market & Maya Grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter