Coronado Fans-PLEASE POST WITH REVIEWS & RECENT PHOTOS!

We just returned from a three night stay at CSR, 10/10 to 10/13. It was really nice! We stayed in Ranchos 6A, room 6313.

It's a small world after all! We stayed in that very room in Sept of this year :rotfl:

So, a fabulous time and we will return! I just read about the bounceback. Is that something we can call for since we just got home? Did not realize we could do that. Is it just for certain dates? Any info. appreciated!

I believe you need to take advantage of the bounceback offer on the last day of your stay. It is not always offered to every guest, but I have read on these boards that there is a phone number you can call and ask for this promotion, (even if you did not get a flier) before your check out. I know the search engine on the Dis board is sometimes slow, but if you can find the number I would call immediately to see if you can still take advantage. I have not bouncedback, and only know what I've read about it on these boards. Good luck. Glad to hear that you enjoyed CSR.

Well, after reading Buzz's site and this site for the past year and being convinced that CSR was for me, I am happy to report that I was right! We loved the resort. Any negative comments I've ever read about CSR just did not apply.
Even during Columbus weekend, the buses were incredibly frequent. Almost every 10 minutes for all parks! Always timely. The first morning we left from Bus Stop 1 because we thought it would be quicker, but we then used Stop 4 (very close to our room) and it was excellent.
We stayed in Cabanas 8A (room 8151) and found it to be very convenient to the bus stop, Dig Site and the main building. I was dumbfounded that anyone ever complains about walking here. Yes, the resort is large, but it is so beautiful and you'd have to be really lazy and miserable to not enjoy it!
The pool was a huge hit with my kids, especially the fabulous waterslide! I even went down about 100 times!
The staff were all courteous and friendly. People have complained about the Pepper Market being hard to learn, but I found that after one time, it was incredibly easy. And the staff is so helpful and used to people on the dining plan that they made it really easy. The only negative would be the food choices for the kids (under age 9 on the dining plan). But, on the other hand, all they really eat at home are the same choices - pasta, hotdogs, fruit. And my husband and I let them use our dessert credits every night to pick out something from the bakery which they enjoyed. The Rix Cafe is a wonderful place to pick up pastries and sandwiches.
I will admit that the rooms need to be updated, but they are in the process of doing that. Even with the outdated theme, they always had very clean linens and the bathroom was very clean. I'm picky and there was no mold or anything gross.
So, a fabulous time and we will return! I just read about the bounceback. Is that something we can call for since we just got home? Did not realize we could do that. Is it just for certain dates? Any info. appreciated!

Welcome back. I'm so glad that your being convinced that CSR was for you turned out to be true. Glad to have another CSR lover amongst us--welcome!

Subbing because CSR is on my consideration list.....am trying to decide on a girls trip in February (the last week of Feb) for me, DD5, my mom, my aunt and my 85 year old Grandma (who keeps saying she wants to do Disney one more time before she dies....cryptic, I know :)

This resort looks HUGE...we would book a Jr. Suite and Granny might need a wheelchair...she's convinced she won't but she also does not realize how SLOW she walks now, nor does she remember how much walking she is in for...she has not been to WDW since I was in the 6th grade....I'm 35 now.

So, I guess all of that being said, it would be nice to be in room near busses and near the food areas?

Subbing because CSR is on my consideration list.....am trying to decide on a girls trip in February (the last week of Feb) for me, DD5, my mom, my aunt and my 85 year old Grandma (who keeps saying she wants to do Disney one more time before she dies....cryptic, I know :)

This resort looks HUGE...we would book a Jr. Suite and Granny might need a wheelchair...she's convinced she won't but she also does not realize how SLOW she walks now, nor does she remember how much walking she is in for...she has not been to WDW since I was in the 6th grade....I'm 35 now.

So, I guess all of that being said, it would be nice to be in room near busses and near the food areas?

Castias 1 is right by the main building and there is a bus stop outside the main building doors (however, this is the last of the four bus stops to be picked up), but it is a distance from the main pool. We always stay in Casitas 4 or 5. It takes me five minutes to walk to the Main Building and about eight minutes to walk to the main pool. The Ranchos are furtherst from the main building, but relatively close to the main pool. The Cabanas are close to both the main building and main pool, depending on which building you are in. I don't know what area they will be rehabbing when you get there in February. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

So, I guess all of that being said, it would be nice to be in room near buses and near the food areas?
sent a PM

:tink: Just wanted to send a thanks to everyone who said so many nice things about CSR...and to Buzz for his great web site on the resort. Because of all the posts we decided to stay at CSR for our first trip to Disney in 10 years, and our first on-site stay.:cool1:

We couldn't have been happier with the place...we were in Cabana 8A...we had queen beds (not sure if everything is updated now or not)...for us, this was a perfect location...very close to The Dig Site (our 8 year old absolutely loved the pool and slide!). And close to Bus Stop 4...and the walk to the Pepper Market really was not too bad...felt this was a perfect place for us.

Everyone was great from check-in, to cleaning room, to the lifeguards and bartenders, CMs at Pepper Market, etc. I mean we absolutely had not one bad experience while we were there. And I must say, they make a mean margarita at the pool. Yum! :banana:

We never had to wait long for the buses...going to or coming from parks. The convenience was amazing. It was the absolute best vacation for us. We spent lots of time at the parks, at DD, and at the pool. Just incredible. Thanks to everyone for all your input and suggestions. Seriously, you helped make our vacation just awesome.

I went with no expectations one way or the other, but came away with a definitely "Disney Magical" Vacation! :woohoo:

THANKS!!

T.
Welcome back and thanks for sharing!!

Hello - Just came back from a weekend trip to Disney. We stayed Friday and Saturday night. I loved the hotel it was very pretty. We paid for the water view and when we checked in we were given a pool view. My husband mentioned that we thought water view would be the main lagoon, not a little pool and were changed without question to a "real" water/lagoon view, which had a breathtaking sunrise. There were 4 adults in our room, it was roomy enough and the beds were comfortable. The bus rides were very easy and fast. We were in building 4, which was an easy walk to the main building. Friday night we sat outside in the bar/lounge area and had the best Sangria.. yummy

I'd highly suggest it to anyone who is interested in staying there. (see my review on Pepper's market)
Welcome back!

At Disney, waterview can be a fountain, lake, pool, river or any body of water.

We stayed at CSR from 10/15 thru 10/20 for an Adult Only vacation. This was our first stay at this resort and it is now our favorite moderate. I had requested Casitas, but we ended up in Ranchos 6A and loved it. We were traveling with another couple and had connecting rooms which was great. The grounds were beautiful, the staff was very friendly, mousekeeping was great, and we loved the Pepper Market. We ended up booking the bounceback for next year.
Welcome back and thanks for sharing!!

At Disney, waterview can be a fountain, lake, pool, river or any body of water.

So true...and can be a sliver of a peek of water through dense trees! Disney does not always get around to updating view catagories as foliage grows tall and/or dense. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter