Coronado Fans-PLEASE POST WITH REVIEWS & RECENT PHOTOS!

I know they have the new queen sized beds in Casitas and Ranchos. We usually request and stay in the Cabanas. Are there corner rooms in the Casitas with the two windows?
Yes, all buildings have corner rooms because of the building configurations.

I just have to vent. We have been trying all summer to get a room at CSR for our upcoming trip, no luck. We were booked at POP then changed to CBR and really I'm over the new pool at CBR thing. We love to come back from the parks and hit the pool and hot tub, well the CBR pool supposedly closes at 10pm. Now I'm really upset because we have always been able to use the CSR hot tub until 2am! I keep trying and trying for CSR, I just hope at the last minute I finally able to get my AP rate at CSR and forget about the Nemo room and new pool with a gate!!

Question:
I know they have the new queen sized beds in Casitas and Ranchos. We usually request and stay in the Cabanas. Are there corner rooms in the Casitas with the two windows?
10pm? That's early.

OMG........We got it! Coronado here we come........ Now I'm really excited about our trip!!!!!!

Yes, 10pm is really early to us.
Thanks for the info Buzz2001

We stayed at CSR from Aug. 10 -Aug. 15. I loved everything about the resort, except the bus. We were at the bus stop that was at El Centro. It was usually very crowded, but except for one time the bus was there within 15 mins. I really enjoyed the quiet at CSR. My only regret is that I didn't have enough time to really enjoy the resort.
Welcome back and thanks for sharing!

I don't give good reports so I'm just going to give some notes from my first time staying onsite - just back on Wednesday 9-10-08

First - If you're not sure about staying on-site, I'll say it's worth it (if you're not paying full rack rate). I paid the AP rate at CSR but would have felt a little jipped if I had paid full price.

The best thing about on-site to my family was the Disney transportation. It ran early and often (and ran late into the evening as well). After using the Disney buses we dreaded any time that we had to get into our car.

The bad thing about Disney Transportation is the Value resorts. Fortunately staying at CSR our bus was never crowded. We looked over at the lines for the Values and they were always packed, and people were standing on most buses. We decided after this trip that we will never stay at a value for this reason (unless we plan on driving to the parks ourselves).

We did notice the golf carts running around the resort with guests on them, we saw a lot of these. We never took advantage of them.

We enjoyed the perk of being able to send our purchases from the parks back to our resort. This saved us from lugging items around all day. The only bad thing is that some of our items were damaged (not extensively) when we picked them up.

The grounds and the pools were immacualate. We were very impressed. We visited my DSIL's pool at the Liki Tiki at one point on our trip. If we had never seen the pool at CSR we would have liked the Liki Tiki pool. But there is no comparison, the main Liki Tiki pool looked run down and in need of repair next to any pool at CSR.

The rooms were just like any hotel room, the only difference was the central air. Although we did enjoy the queen beds. (We noticed they had started putting queen beds in the Cabanas while we were there)

The cable TV was a disappointment because half of the channels were Disney channels, and half of those in Spanish. Although my son did love the channel that played classic Disney cartoons 24/7.

The service was great. We got towel animals. We asked for extra towels almost every day and within minutes they were there at our room. We asked for a crib for our baby (they forgot about it on the first request, but after the 2nd request it was in our room immediately).

Only 1 complaint about the service. Our next door neighbor was constantly smoking out in the walkway and the smoke was billowing into our room. We are pretty non-confrontational so we called the front desk to have them do something about it. Unfortunately they never did anything :( even after several calls.

We never took advantage of the onsite dining but we did look at the food and it looked very good.

Overall a great stay and I will definitely stay here again, I'm glad I chose this resort over Pop Century. This is not about the resort but I don't think I'll go back in September, it was more hot and humid than I had imagined, and I'm from Hotlanta. Even the wind from the hurricane didn't help.

The only bad part about our stay was that Hillary Clinton was speaking at the conferece center one of the days we were there ;).

I'll be glad to answer any questions.
Thanks for posting!!

We arrived at the CSR on Monday, September 1, at around 12:30 p.m. Check-in went very smoothly--no one else in line. We had terrific CM's who were laughing and joking with each of our parties (you'll remember that my best friend and her DH went with us). The Assistant Manager personally came out to talk to the four of us, ask if we had any questions, gave us a list of all of our dining reservations and gave us his phone number in case of any problems or issues. He indicated our room was not ready, but that it would be soon. We were then given anniversary buttons and balloons and Shleley was given a birthday button (her birthday is September 26) and Tom was given a 1st Time Visitor Button. Shelley and Tom originally asked for Ranchos but were put in Casitas to be close to us which they were delighted with--they got upgraded to a water view room. Since our room was not ready, we went to Pepper Market where we all had something from the deli and shared by each couple as we had a 5:00 dinner at Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic Package. Just as we finished lunch, the Assistant Manager called to say our room was ready. Our friends were in Casitas 3 -- 3133 and we were in 3225. I was a little disappointed as we really like 4 and 5, but then we walked into our room. We were upgraded to a suite (what a treat it was having two bathrooms and two televisions). There were more balloons, autographed photos of Mickey and Minnie and a huge bouquet of flowers. We were also given robes for our stay and turn down service every night. We both had beautiful views of the Lake.

Every CM we dealt with was as friendly as could be. Although we only ate at Pepper Market twice, the service was good and friendly and the food outstanding. I saw one of the Mangers' helping several people who were obviously new to the PM and di not understand the set up. We had breakfast there one morning and wanted American Cheese omelets. They did not have American Cheese at the station, but the cook went and found it for us. Analia at the coffee bar was outstanding every morning I went for my cappucino--friendly, chatty. The lifeguards were very good and friendly and joking with the kids in the pool. Francisco was superb as always (and yes, Shelley and I had a few Pina Coladas at the pool). A large convention came in Saturday night/Sunday morning and we saw ONLYtwo people in suits--the rest were dressed casually (mostly in shorts) as they wen tot their meetings and always said hello when he passed us. Mark and I went to the Dig Site/Hot Tub on three nights. It was just us and two other people in the hot tub when the convention people were there and maybe 10 people in the Dig Site. During the afternoons when we were at the Dig Site, there were no more than 50 people in the pool. We even went down the Jaguar slide twice.

Mousekeeping was great and we received towel animals one day--a puppy dog and a peacock.

Shelley & Tom were given a Magical Dream the day they check out--they were asked to open Panchitos and were given a certificate for doing so. The four of us also won a Year of a Millions Dream prize. As we were exiting Splash Mountain one morning, we were each given Mickey Mouse Year of a Million Dream ears. We each kept one and then the men gave the other two to little children that we saw in the park.

As for the parks, the longest we waited for a ride was Tower of Terror--which was about 20 minutes and that was our own fault. We went right after Fantasmic ended and Rock & Roll Roller Coaster was not running, so this was our fault. Other than that, we waited an average of five minutes for every single ride, and ten at the most (including Soarin'). The CM's at the park were very friendly--always saying Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday, etc. We received three "Happy Anniversary/Birthday phone calls) in the parks. We saw only one large group of travelers from Brazil and they were loud, but I saw no other issues with them.

We visited two other resorts during our stay and we will stick with the CSR--thank you very much (we've already booked our bounceback for next year). We went to the Wilderness Lodge for dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe (the worse meal of our trip--I'll write about it on the Dining Board) and talked to two different CM's--one at the desk and one who was walking around--and we felt like we were being a huge bother to them by asking them a question; we also went back to the Caribbean to give their food court a second try--sorry it was just as bad as the first time (but we felt better giving it a second try).

The second portion of our trip at Daytona Beach was very nice and relaxing (although I either got food poisoning or the 24-hour flu and spent Friday in the room all day).

As many of you know, this was a difficult trip as I lost my dad the week before we left. I walked into Epcot and broke into tears and when we went on Spaceship Earth (which I really like the new version) I couldn't stop crying on the first ride through. I bought a balloon which I was going to release into the sky. But as we were getting ready to release it, I heard my dad in my head saying "why would you spend $7.00 and then just let the balloon go--that is such a waste of money (this from the man who told me to stop buying him cards at holidays because Hallmark had enough money). So instead I found a little girl in a stroller and gave her the balloon. I explained, with tears streaming down my cheeks, to the parents why I was doing this--that my dad had died and I know he would have wanted me to give the balloon to someone as he always bought them for his grandchildren (those poor parents must have thought I was nuts).

The trip was just what we needed after the last seven months with dad in the hospital/nursing home/hospital and then passing on.

We had a wonderful trip and can't wait to go back next year--God willing.

P.S. When we got home, there was a box from Disney--I assumed it was one of the two shipments I sent home. It was not. We won a "specialized Disney Dreams Prize Pack" which consisted of a stuffed Mickey and Minnie, a tote bag, a coffee cup, a photo album, picture frame, tin of candy and a Deluxe Pin Trading Starter Kit and a DISNEY GIFT CARD. What a way to end the trip!

I will add pictures later.
That's great Kathy! I'm so happy for you!! You deserved all of it.

HI,.

Back from CSR and we had an awesome time! I have to say I read all the good and bad reviews about this resort before we went and was a little leary about it. BUt we had NO bad experiences at all. We were in Cassitas Bldg 2 Rm 2274 . And here is what we thought.

1. Conventioners--yes there were many , they were polite and actually looked envious that we had our Mickey Garb on and they were in suits and wished they were not. Were they loud and obnoxious ,,No not at all ,, yes they were drinking by the quiet pool and socializing but we just went on our way and paid no attention to them.

2. Resort is absolutley Gorgeous, the grounds are very well kept ,, the room was spotless ,,, and the whole feel of the resort was RELAXING.

3. Transportation for us was not a hassle we used Bus Stop # 1 never waited more than 15 minutes which was no big deal I was not in a hurry I was on vacation. From the parks also was not bad 20 minutes tops from the Magic Kingdom. And the bus 's for this resort Never over crowded, maybe time of year is why that was.

4. I think and this is my personnel opinion this is more of an Adult resort, yes there were kids , buts it seemed more adult like which is what we were looking for we traveled with no children.

5. Pepper Market and Maya Grill definatley great eating choices , even if I wasnt on the Free Dining plan which we were. I felt it would have been worth the money, the food was fresh and a wide selection and the wait staff was great.

6.It is a Big resort to walk around but nothing that is not managable, my DH is 66 and didnt have a problem and we walked it a few times because it was so pretty I am 41 and we both walk alot so maybe this is why.

7. All in all we loved the resort had no bad experiences , Magical Express was great , and the CM's all were very nice and accomodating to anything we asked. I think sometimes its the way people are approached that makes them act in a bad way , I have read that some think the CM's here arent disney like ,, we didnt see that at all. I will post pics by the weekend I took a ton!

8. MNSSHP----LOVED IT! Best time we ever had !:cool1:
Thanks for sharing!!

xbonnie38, can't wait to see some photos!

When we went to MNSSHP in 2004, never expected to enjoy it, but with an 11 & 13 yr old it was part of the plan for the trip. I figured MVMCP had to be better (course, we love the holidays).

To my surprise I absolutely LOVED MNSSHP more then MVMCP - who knew? :confused3

Have never even been a big fan of Halloween - oh, the kids are cute etc, but would never dress up or attend an adult Halloween party. My gosh, MNSSHP was so much fun!:)

Will not attend MVMCP again, but it wouldn't take much to talk me into MNSSHP one more time! ;)

Glad you had a great trip!

Reading all these new reviews is making me just so excited again! Not that I stopped being excited but you know, life has to continue on while I'm waiting for my trip. :upsidedow
I really hope I get a renovated room (petty, I know)! I do know we have a king bed room so I guess it will totally random where we get since they are increasing the number of king beds. It was the only room I coud get when I did the switcheroo from Pop to CSR.
Speaking of which...not sure this is the right place to ask but I was wondering something. I have a ressie for Hoop Dee Doo on Sunday, Dec. 28th, the day we get there. I read that for the shows, you get your tix from the concierge. Well, we had the reservation at Pop when it was originally booked. Do I have to call and tell them we're staying at CSR now? Or are the tix electronic and therefore they can pull them up from any resort?

Still on the fence with keeping the rental car. I know the buses seem to be great at CSR but we're going during the busiest week of the year. Anyone go during the week between Xmas and New Year's?
Thanks!! :flower3:

Reading all these new reviews is making me just so excited again! Not that I stopped being excited but you know, life has to continue on while I'm waiting for my trip. :upsidedow
I really hope I get a renovated room (petty, I know)! I do know we have a king bed room so I guess it will totally random where we get since they are increasing the number of king beds. It was the only room I coud get when I did the switcheroo from Pop to CSR.
Speaking of which...not sure this is the right place to ask but I was wondering something. I have a ressie for Hoop Dee Doo on Sunday, Dec. 28th, the day we get there. I read that for the shows, you get your tix from the concierge. Well, we had the reservation at Pop when it was originally booked. Do I have to call and tell them we're staying at CSR now? Or are the tix electronic and therefore they can pull them up from any resort?

Still on the fence with keeping the rental car. I know the buses seem to be great at CSR but we're going during the busiest week of the year. Anyone go during the week between Xmas and New Year's?
Thanks!! :flower3:
You will be all set with your ADR's. You don't have to tell them that you switched resorts. The rental car is good if you will be leaving WDW.

My goal this weekend is to try to get all of my pictures uploaded and add all my CSR pictures that I took on our recent trip. :)

We will be at CSR (1st time) from 12/25 - 12/30 and are looking forward to it. This will be our 11th trip to WDW having stayed at WL, Poly, CBR, ASMu, Pop, Contemp, and a few others that I can't remember. Anyway, we're looking forward to our stay at CSR but now are concerned about the renovations. From what I have read on these boards it will begin in October -will there be a lot of noise and disruption b/c of the work??? Does anyone have any info? Thanks

We will be at CSR (1st time) from 12/25 - 12/30 and are looking forward to it. This will be our 11th trip to WDW having stayed at WL, Poly, CBR, ASMu, Pop, Contemp, and a few others that I can't remember. Anyway, we're looking forward to our stay at CSR but now are concerned about the renovations. From what I have read on these boards it will begin in October -will there be a lot of noise and disruption b/c of the work??? Does anyone have any info? Thanks

From what I understand, it is mostly interior work and there should not be a lot of noise or disruption. They will be doing one building at a time in one section.

The building being worked on will be closed for the rehab. No one will be staying in a building begin worked on so it should limit noise.

Here are some CSR x-mas pics!!

4uyr9u0.jpg

62z0i9g.jpg

dfkhex.jpg

2exlax0.jpg

507dhe1.jpg

53emzw4.jpg

44vxd9w.jpg

dfkk7l.jpg

dfkkd0.jpg

dqspvm.jpg

62fslk9.jpg

dqsolu.jpg

dqsokp.jpg

5z4jip5.jpg

34o6mxf.jpg

6wyebk3.jpg

6peuu5j.jpg

816ae5e.jpg

6t4etdt.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter