Coronado Fans-PLEASE POST WITH REVIEWS & RECENT PHOTOS!

Haven't been on this thread for a while because of a new addition to the family..... Jude, born 30th July 2008

348193247_v8hLh-L.jpg

348177870_7UWvb-L.jpg

348187117_d5N67-L.jpg
Very cute Stephen. Congrats to the newest mouseketeer!!

steery1- Congratulations! Jude is adorable! :cloud9: Those pictures are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your CSR pictures, too! You're a great photographer. :thumbsup2

What a beautiful baby! I hope you are feeling well and I'm sure he's thriving.

I love seeing the newest DISers!

Maria

Very cute Stephen. Congrats to the newest mouseketeer!!

Congratulations!! What a gorgeous baby!!

steery1- Congratulations! Jude is adorable! :cloud9: Those pictures are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your CSR pictures, too! You're a great photographer. :thumbsup2

Steery1, Congratulations on that gorgeous baby!! Enjoy, they grow up so fast.

What a beautiful baby! I hope you are feeling well and I'm sure he's thriving.

I love seeing the newest DISers!

Maria

Thanks everyone. Jude is thriving and I'm exhausted but there you go. :laughing:

Hello, my friends,

After 3 days of very intense labor, not so little Sophia Maria arrived at 8:59 p.m., September 2, weighing in at 8 lbs, 8 oz, 19 in - dark hair and skin - guess all that Italian and Greek heritage is showing! Mia looked just like that at birth, but became a fair skinned strawberry blond, so who knows!

Mia said little Sophia is "curious" and wide-eyed, taking in the new world around her. I could hear her squeaking in the background!! :love:

I cannot thank you enough for the good thoughts and prayer - I have no doubt this helped Mia through what turned out to be a very difficult birth. Somehow, she managed to do this with nothing more than some Chinese Herbs. God bless her!

Hopefully will have a photo to post this evening - they are on the way home now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!:flower3:

Hello, my friends,

After 3 days of very intense labor, not so little Sophia Maria arrived at 8:59 p.m., September 2, weighing in at 8 lbs, 8 oz, 19 in - dark hair and skin - guess all that Italian and Greek heritage is showing! Mia looked just like that at birth, but became a fair skinned strawberry blond, so who knows!

Mia said little Sophia is "curious" and wide-eyed, taking in the new world around her. I could hear her squeaking in the background!! :love:

I cannot thank you enough for the good thoughts and prayer - I have no doubt this helped Mia through what turned out to be a very difficult birth. Somehow, she managed to do this with nothing more than some Chinese Herbs. God bless her!

Hopefully will have a photo to post this evening - they are on the way home now.

Congratulations!!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news! Sophia is such a pretty name, too. :cloud9: Can't wait to see the picture later. :lovestruc

God bless, Mia, too! I required much more than some Chinese herbs when my children were born. ;) I hope she has a quick recovery.

We just returned from our trip to Disney and CSR. We had another great trip, missed all the hurricanes, gave up our seat on Thunder Mountain to Michael Phelps, the crowd level wasn't bad, had some great meals and thoroughly enjoyed another stay at CSR. We booked the bounce back free dining for next year at CSR. I requested Cabanas 9A but when we checked in they had us down for Ranchos (can't remember the building) I asked if Cabanas 9B was available and it wasn't, so I asked about Casitas 4 since I knew from this thread that it had a quiet pool and a exercise room and new queen size beds and it was available. The beds were very comfortable, we brought a twin size air mattress for DS 15 and moved the bed closest to the bathroom against the wall and had enough room between the bed and the air mattress for my other DS to get out of the bed to use the bathroom. We had a room in the back on the corner with double windows which was nice to have. We were on the 4th floor and I walked around to the front to see the Epcot fireworks one night. The casitas are very pretty, and we enjoyed several meals in the pepper market. Yesterday we were sitting at the dig site pool for our last day soaking it all in before heading home back to reality and back to school tomorrow. I did see the beds outside of Casistas 2 so they must be doing that building now. The trucks of beds are sitting in the parking lot. The service we received at CSR was fantastic everyone was so helpful and friendly what a great resort. Linda :)
Thanks for sharing!

Hello, my friends,

Congrats Grandma!!

Hello, my friends,

Hi Christine!!!
Can't wait to see pics of the lil' Disser!!!!!!!!!:flower3:

Just returned from our 1st WDW trip and we stayed at CSR. It is a beautiful resort and I want to thank everyone on this thread for the great information. I did request to be in Cabanas about 3 weeks before our trip with a preference of Cabanas 9B because I wanted to be close to Pepper Market, bus stop and Dig site. When we arrived they had us in Ranchos building 7 which is one of the FARTHEST buildings from all of the above. I asked if we could be moved and stated that I had requested Cabanas. The CM was helpful in that he called and asked for us to be moved. We eventually were moved to Casitas building 5. This was a GREAT area as we were close to bus stop #2 (which is actually the 1st place the bus stops in the morning and almost always the 1st place for drop off) WE LOVED THIS as we had a large stroller with us and the people who were at bus stop #1 were often the ones who had to stand because there weren't anymore seats.

Casitas 5 was also fairly close to the Dig site which was nice as we spent a lot of time swimming during our breaks from the park. We also had refillable mugs and so we could run over and get them filled.
The only downfall to Casitas 5 was that it was quite a ways away from Pepper Market and so it made it a little inconvenient to go a grab a snack but we didn't mind because having the pool and bus stop close was great!

The resort is BEAUTIFUL and truly feels like you are in Mexico. Our room was nice but a little run down so it is definitely time for a remodel. I think we would definitely stay there again on our next trip!
Welcome back!

We just returned from our trip to Disney and CSR. We had another great trip, missed all the hurricanes, gave up our seat on Thunder Mountain to Michael Phelps, the crowd level was'nt bad, had some great meals and thoroughly enjoyed another stay at CSR. We booked the bounce back free dining for next year at CSR. I requested Cabanas 9A but when we checked in they had us down for Ranchos (can't remember the building) I asked if Cabanas 9B was available and it was'nt, so I asked about Casitas 4 since I knew from this thread that it had a quiet pool and a exercise room and new queen size beds and it was available. The beds were very comfortable, we brought a twin size air mattress for DS 15 and moved the bed closest to the bathroom against the wall and had enough room between the bed and the air mattress for my other DS to get out of the bed to use the bathroom. We had a room in the back on the corner with double windows which was nice to have. We were on the 4th floor and I walked around to the front to see the Epcot fireworks one night. The casitas are very pretty, and we enjoyed several meals in the pepper market. Yesterday we were sitting at the dig site pool for our last day soaking it all in before heading home back to reality and back to school tommorrow. I did see the beds outside of Casistas 2 so they must be doing that building now. The trucks of beds are sitting in the parking lot. The service we received at CSR was fantastic everyone was so helpful and friendly what a great resort. Linda :)
Thanks for sharing!!

Overall, I have to say we LOVED Coronado Springs! It was beautiful and we really enjoyed it. The pool was awesome and my 5 yo could not get enough of the water slide.

Some general comments:

Location - We got an awesome room in Cabana 9B - I had requested it when we made our reservation, we had a water view, which was just great. We were close to everything and I cannot complain about that a bit.

Mousekeeping - overall, I thought they were great, the room was always nice and clean. We got one towel animal which was a bummer (we tipped every day) but the one we got was adorable- they took my dd's Belle dress and hung it in the window and made a "towel Belle"

Pepper Market - while I do not have any major complaints, I did not love it, I liked the options but I thought the quality of the food overall was not so hot, eventually I will do dining reviews but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Bus transportation - this, to me, was the one major thing that bugged me, I am guessing that because we were in the Cabanas we were at a disadvantage in that we were the last stop in the morning. More often than not the bus was full before it even got to us and more often than not, we stood, this was the case almost every morning. The afternoons were better, but coming home for the night was a bit of a mess too. We also found ourselves waiting for a long time in the morning for buses to Magic Kingdom, we would see 2 buses for each of the other parks before we saw 1 for Magic Kingdom!

I would say the pros outweighed the cons and I would definately stay there again.
Thanks for sharing!!

We got home on Saturday from our week-long stay at CSR. We checked in on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, and there was a lot of activity going on - a lot of people milling around. It had been raining, so that probably had something to do with it. We only waited about 5 minutes to check in, and while we were waiting, one of the CMs came over to tell us someone would be with us shortly, and gave each of our boys a huge string of those Mickey stickers they hand out. We got to the desk and a pleasant guy checked us in. We were given a room in Ranchos, which wasn't my first choice, but I didn't ask to be switched, knowing it would have the queen beds. We were in building 6A, on the 2nd floor. We were 2nd from the end near the stairs and it was a short walk across the parking lot to the bus stop, which is ideal when traveling with small kids. We did have the queen beds and they were very comfortable and really didn't seem to take up much more room than the doubles. The new beds are on metal frames with sides, not the movable frames that have space underneath.

Our room was very clean and we only had one issue with housekeeping. We came back one day, late, to find that our room had been totally skipped. I called the next morning and the lady I spoke to was very nice. She said she'd tell the manager and make sure our room was cleaned early that day. We never had another issue and most days we came back to our room for a rest about 2:00-3:00, and it was cleaned. Our first day, we came back to find that our son's Mickey was sitting up in bed, with the remote in hand! :rotfl:

We went to the Pepper Market one day for breakfast, before we went to Sea World for the day. Our waitress was good at explaining what we could have on the DDP. She didn't bring my 2nd drink, though, and I asked one of the managers up front to get it for me, which she did right away.

We've decided to wait a couple of years before heading back to Disney World. Our 2-year-old is at the age where he's mad about not getting to ride the same things as his big brother, so we need to wait until he can ride most everything. When we go back, CSR will definitely be one of our top choices again!
Thanks for posting!!

I just have to vent. We have been trying all summer to get a room at CSR for our upcoming trip, no luck. We were booked at POP then changed to CBR and really I'm over the new pool at CBR thing. We love to come back from the parks and hit the pool and hot tub, well the CBR pool supposedly closes at 10pm. Now I'm really upset because we have always been able to use the CSR hot tub until 2am! I keep trying and trying for CSR, I just hope at the last minute I finally able to get my AP rate at CSR and forget about the Nemo room and new pool with a gate!!

Question:
I know they have the new queen sized beds in Casitas and Ranchos. We usually request and stay in the Cabanas. Are there corner rooms in the Casitas with the two windows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter