Coral Reef menu change

TrvlLin

Earning My Ears
Just noticed on the official WDW resort website that the menu at Coral Reef has changed. No pasta entree at all, no lobster entrée either. This makes me very sad. The replacements are Seafood Scampi and Shrimp and Grits. Although the description of these two new dishes is identical, there is a $2 difference in price (?) Is this a cost-cutting measure due to DDP, or does this happen frequently? Do they ever replace entrees? This change, and the change to the Chocolate Wave might make me wish I could change my ADR, but I may not have many choices left at this point. Has anyone had a chance to try either of these new entrees? What did you think of them?

The description under the scampi is incorrect. Someone must have cut and pasted in the wrong place. I had the scampi a few weeks ago. It was fantastic - it is a pasta dish. It seriously was the best thing I ate all week.

Restaurants change their menus. Many times. We have gone for the last 40 years. There has always been some form of dining discount program. I don't think every single change at Disney can be layed at the feet of the DDP. Menus change, chefs change, tastes change, and yes, prices change. :)

The description under the scampi is incorrect. Someone must have cut and pasted in the wrong place. I had the scampi a few weeks ago. It was fantastic - it is a pasta dish. It seriously was the best thing I ate all week.

I saw that anomaly too and was figuring that must be it. Thanks for verifying! I'm seriously tempted by the shrimp and grits, although grits are not a thing I should eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter