• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coral Reef Birthday Lunch 8/7/06

dana1003 said:
meredisney-you should have earned your ears already!! thank you for that #! i called and they picked up right away, then even requested that we send a pic so that they personalize the menu...you just made my day :Pinkbounc

Thanks Dana! The other number is actually wrong. It should be 407-560-6704... not 6784

We will be there on Dec. 4, but my DD's b-day isn't until Dec. 13, do you think it would still be ok to ask for the banner? Is everyone else actually doing it ON the actual day?? We are there celebrating her birthday, just a bit early :) Also, should I wait and call about a week before, or do it now, as soon as possible? Thanks--this will be a wonderful surprise for her!

we're doing it for my parents anniversary which is dec 26th..and we'll be there dec 7th. they dont know ! who cares if its early...it'll be a total surprise!!

anicholson75 said:
We will be there on Dec. 4, but my DD's b-day isn't until Dec. 13, do you think it would still be ok to ask for the banner? Is everyone else actually doing it ON the actual day?? We are there celebrating her birthday, just a bit early :) Also, should I wait and call about a week before, or do it now, as soon as possible? Thanks--this will be a wonderful surprise for her!

We actually did the banner on August 7th and my DH birthday was the 4th. I think if that's the day you are celebrating her birthday then you should go for it. I think you can wait if you want. I didn't even know about this until the week before we left when I talked to someone at the Coral Reef and they casually mentioned the banner. I think you can book it at any time but I would definitely confirm right before you leave.

this is SO cool. I just called and booked it for FRIDAY for dd's 4th birthday! I am not telling anyone so it will be a huge surprise!! Yippee!!

I spoke with Debbie, she is wonderful!

How far in advance do you suggest calling on this? I am planning a surprise vow renewal for hubby and thought the banner would be a good way to let him in on the secret! TIA!!!! Any info would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup2

momofdbsdc said:
How far in advance do you suggest calling on this? I am planning a surprise vow renewal for hubby and thought the banner would be a good way to let him in on the secret! TIA!!!! Any info would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup2

I didn't even find out about it until a week before we left and Meredith at the Coral Reef told me about this. However, I recommend you call at least a month ahead of time. I also did this for a surprise for my husband and he loved it. Good luck and have fun.

Been trying to get through for 4 days now :(

You may want to check out some other threads here on the restaurant board. It seems as if this has really taken off and it's getting more difficult to get a hold of someone. I know of at least 2 threads on the other board where they talk about this alot. I just don't have the links right off hand.

Keep trying and definitely leave a message. It's really a wonderful surprise and experience.

I made reservations for mid-Nov. I called last week and got the last spot. I would make the call as soon as you know you are going since spots can fill up.

All I can say is it was incredible. She didn't know it was coming and it was soooooo cool! She was very surprised. Of course she didn't even know Disney did this. If you email them pictures in advance, they can put the pictures on your menu! I can't say enough good things about this. Feel free to ask me any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter