Coral Reef Birthday Lunch 8/7/06

:guilty: DH tried to call the number several times today (he's off a couple days during the week, unlike myself...) and could never get any answer at that number....

Did it take a long time for someone to pick up, or did he hang up too soon just to be able to tell me that he tried? Do you think I could get this arrangement made by calling on a weekend morning? Let's just say I'm a little more persistent that he is. Any ideas?

tinaluis-how wonderful that your DDs were so thrilled!

tinaluis -- I'm so happy it all worked out and that your daughter's were thrilled. It really is quite amazing!!!!!

ThreeAngels -- I played phone tag with them for several days (including having to wait an entire weekend). I would no recommend calling on the weekend. I do think the best time is first thing in the morning around 9. I called on Monday morning at 9:00am central time. I spoke with Meredith. Did your DH leave a message? They do have an answering machine. I kept leaving a message then they would call me and I wouldn't be home. They tended to return my calls around 3:30 central time in the afternoon. I don't really know if this will help you. I seem to be rambling on and on. Just keep trying you will eventually talk to a live person.

I have been trying for several days now too. I called yesterday around 12 noon and left a message for a "leadership host". They didn't call back so I called again today around 10 a.m. but didn't reach anyone. I didn't leave a message today.

Tomorrow I will try and call around 8 a.m. EST and see how it goes if they don't call me back today...I will let you know.

When I called I left a message and my ADR number and they returned the call about 3:30 pm Central Time as SillyGirl said. Good luck to all and thanks again OP!

kstinw19 said:
I have been trying for several days now too. I called yesterday around 12 noon and left a message for a "leadership host". They didn't call back so I called again today around 10 a.m. but didn't reach anyone. I didn't leave a message today.

Tomorrow I will try and call around 8 a.m. EST and see how it goes if they don't call me back today...I will let you know.

I thought maybe I would check and see if I had a different phone number than the one I originally gave and I do. Here it is: 407-560-6636. The 1st number I gave was the one IPO gave me originally. But when Coral Reef called me I wasn't home and they gave me a different number to call. Let me know if this works.

How frustrating! But at least I'm not alone. Thanks for the new tips. DH is going to be home sick tomorrow, so I've got plans for him to make some more calls for me. Hope it works out for all those trying! Just sounds too wonderful to miss out on........ :goodvibes

Very cool! I haven't made it to the Coral Reef yet, but this sounds like a great place to try. Thanks for sharing the birthday tip! :thumbsup2

Called again this morning...got the answering service...left another messsage.

Question...we are staying concierge...can they arrange this for us?

Thanks,

kstinw19 said:
Called again this morning...got the answering service...left another messsage.

Question...we are staying concierge...can they arrange this for us?

Thanks,
Did you try the new number?

I originally had concierge arrange the cake but due to the choices Coral Reef had to call me (which began the phonetag session). I found out about the Birthday Message when I actually spoke to Meredith.

:sunny: Must have got a sprinkling of pixie dust today because DH called (the first number you gave us, actually) and a live person picked it up right away. Her name was Tasha and he said she was very friendly and helpful. We have our scuba diver/sign all set for DD's birthday. He called around 10:30am eastern time. I'm SOOOOOOOO excited. Can't wait to surprise my little princess! Thanks again for the info! :goodvibes

Ugh...why am I the only one that cannot get thru or called back?

When you get the recording...which button do you press? #3 for a leadership host?

Please advise...really want to get this going.

Update...got through today :thumbsup2

Called at 9:00 a.m. and got through...everything should be all set!

MickeysMommy...good luck, hope you get your call today :)

kstinw19 said:
Update...got through today :thumbsup2

Called at 9:00 a.m. and got through...everything should be all set!

MickeysMommy...good luck, hope you get your call today :)

I had just read on another thread you had gotten one of the things you had requested. (regarding concierge service) So I jumped over here to see if it was the diver. I'm so glad you finally got through. I know it's frustating at times but it will be worth it in the end. I'm so happy. :yay: Have a great time and let us know how it goes when you get back.

On a sidenote: I would try e-mailing requests to IPO rather than calling. We stayed at the Poly and I found it much easier to e-mail. I know it's not the same IPO personnel but you might give that a try.

WOW! Talk about a great surprise! That's the magic of Disney :wizard:

I heard about this over on the cake thread and just had to hear more. We honeymooned in Disney in 96 and are headed back for our first trip with the boys in 17 days!! WHoo Hoo! :dance3:

We loved Coral Reef on our honeymoon and sweet DH still talks about how he remembers our dinner...we love the ocean, fish and that type of atmosphere so the restaurant is so us..still.

So I am calling tomorrow to set this up for our anniv. dinner on 10/4. Our boys will be with us. THis trip is celebrating not just our 10th anniv. but their birthdays too..so they have alot planned for them too but shhhhhh! :rolleyes1 the whole trip is still a surprise! What a bday gift!

Thank you for the recommendation! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter