Copenhagen Escape Pre-Cruise Experience Meets Thread

Sayhello-
That would be mr.bear and bears girl for 5/27 ABD add-on. I hope enough people sign up so that date isn't cancelled. Does that happen?

Has anyone done the ABD France? Thoughts? My husband wants to see Normandy and I would like to see DLP. We are contemplating all sorts of post-cruise options.

Thanks for your help!
I have not heard of an ABD add-on being cancelled. From what I've heard, they generally sell out (except, apparently, for Alaska).

Sayhello

Greetings Everyone! We will be doing the Copenhagen Pre Cruise Stay beginning June 3rd. We are flying from Virginia. This will be our first ABD and our 11th DCL cruise. So has everyone booked their flights? Will ADB be sending us any additional information aside from what's posted on the Internet?

Greetings Everyone! We will be doing the Copenhagen Pre Cruise Stay beginning June 3rd. We are flying from Virginia. This will be our first ABD and our 11th DCL cruise. So has everyone booked their flights? Will ADB be sending us any additional information aside from what's posted on the Internet?

I'm not on your ABD (although I will be on the DCL cruise out of Copenhagen on Jun 20th). Generally speaking, ABD sends out more info 1 month prior to the trip including a small spiral book outlining each day's activities, your luggage tags (not sure if this applies to Copenhagen since you aren't switching hotel mid-ABD), envelopes for your ABD guides gratuities, and usually a gift of some sort. It's fun and exciting, but it doesn't elaborate too much on what's already available on the website.

We are also on June 3 ABD. We are going to Iceland for three days before Copenhagen. We did pre cruise ABD Barcelona in 2013 and got a box with backpacks 1 month prior to ABD. We are very excited for the ABD and our cruise now we have our excursions booked.

Welcome, and congrats on booking your first ABD! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. If you'd like to give me the makeup of your traveling party, I can update your entry.

Sayhello

We are also on June 3 ABD. We are going to Iceland for three days before Copenhagen. We did pre cruise ABD Barcelona in 2013 and got a box with backpacks 1 month prior to ABD. We are very excited for the ABD and our cruise now we have our excursions booked.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your time in Iceland! I'm spending a day & a half in Iceland on my way back from London in August! The more I read about it, the more I wish I'd booked more days!

Sayhello

We got our box today for June 26 ABD! Love the new tote colors!!!

Question: how do we know our exact itinerary schedule? The itinerary we received with our box has for example what we're doing each day but not meeting times etc...

When they pick you up at the airport the time for dinner is given and times are announced daily.

woo hoo...our ABD starts tonight. We met our guides last night, Robyn and Amber. They were really nice. The Tivoli Hotel is nice, rooms are a little small (this is my first trip to Europe) but we were lucky and got a balcony room!!! Can't wait to meet the others on this ABD tonight at our Welcome Dinner.

ENJOY, Mickey&JoshNut! Robyn was one of the Guides on my Med Cruise add-on. She's fabulous. Say "HI!" to her from Tobi!

Sayhello

woo hoo...our ABD starts tonight. We met our guides last night, Robyn and Amber. They were really nice. The Tivoli Hotel is nice, rooms are a little small (this is my first trip to Europe) but we were lucky and got a balcony room!!! Can't wait to meet the others on this ABD tonight at our Welcome Dinner.

Awesome! I'd love to hear about it! We're leaving for Copenhagen in a little over a week. No ABD for us this time as we'll have our little ones, but still super excited. The Copenhagen/Denmark Pre Cruise ABD looks perfect. And certainly enjoy your cruise!

ENJOY, Mickey&JoshNut! Robyn was one of the Guides on my Med Cruise add-on. She's fabulous. Say "HI!" to her from Tobi!

Sayhello

Robyn says "HI Tobi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes will all those exclamation points

It looks like several of the Copenhagen "pre-cruise" add-ons have happened already in May/June. Any thoughts/feedback on the itinerary?

The 2 full days of this add-on are essentially the same as the July 22nd 12-night Baltic cruise add-on that has 2 days in Copenhagen.

I have a couple of questions:
- how much time did you need at Tivoli gardens to really experience the park/go on rides? Was it super crowded?
- Ideally, we'd like to leave Tivoli by 6 or 7pm and find dinner somewhere in Copenhagen (if we can pry our kids out of the park :)). Any recommendations of where to go for a good meal/view/people watching?

thanks!

We enjoyed our time at Tivoli. We arrived around 2pm and had a tour of the pantomine theatre and gardens. We stayed until 7 and had several rides. It was not crowded at all. There are many food options in the gardens. It was a short walk to the Tivoli hotel. We were lucky that there was a reception at the hotel and we saw the Danish Queen and Crown prince and princess arriving.

It looks like several of the Copenhagen "pre-cruise" add-ons have happened already in May/June. Any thoughts/feedback on the itinerary?

The 2 full days of this add-on are essentially the same as the July 22nd 12-night Baltic cruise add-on that has 2 days in Copenhagen.

I have a couple of questions:
- how much time did you need at Tivoli gardens to really experience the park/go on rides? Was it super crowded?
- Ideally, we'd like to leave Tivoli by 6 or 7pm and find dinner somewhere in Copenhagen (if we can pry our kids out of the park :)). Any recommendations of where to go for a good meal/view/people watching?

thanks!
Tivoli Gardens is a great half day park. We had one of the best meals of our entire trip within Tivoli Gardens at Groftens. You can check it out online also but I would recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter