Construction of "Star Wars" land to begin in 2016

The "input" is that the stretching the construction out will hurt the park financially more then it will save.

I would tend to agree with that sentiment on principal...

However the attendance and people buying the frozen retread cupcake package would indicate otherwise to the nickel squeezers.

You know what's probably gonna happen? They'll have a slight uptick in attendance in a half closed park and sell a lot of packages of nothing next year for their "Star Wars specials"...which are basically nothing topped off with short fireworks from 15 years ago...

I have a sneaking suspicion...

But that's not their fault.

You know what's probably gonna happen? They'll have a slight uptick in attendance in a half closed park and sell a lot of packages of nothing next year for their "Star Wars specials"...which are basically nothing topped off with short fireworks from 15 years ago...

Have to agree, Star Wars fans are that zany. And there are millions of them. I'm not criticizing them or making fun of them. They just are. And Disney would be fools for not catering to them and using their money to pay for the steel and concrete upgrades that non-SW theme park fans demand.

Really? Is that the level of exaggeration we've reached now? Yes, Disney are deliberately slow in their building of attractions and yes it's obvious cost is the driving factor.

But the Great Pyramid took 20 maybe 30 years to build and likely involved thousands of paid laborers perhaps as many as 10,000. Disney takes 3-4 years to actually build their lands, and generally a year or two more in the planning. They announce early which makes it look even worse. Universal are a bit faster, but not as much as people think because they announce much later.

Right now we're looking at (best guesses) Toy Story no later than 2018 (so 2-3 years) and Star Wars no probably by 2019 or early 2020 but not starting construction until 2016 so 3-4 years. Complain about it for what it is.

I bet you're a blast a parties! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter