connections questions

me4disney

Mouseketeer
First, I like to say hi. I'm new to the boards, so I hope I do this right. Here go the questions. I have read about the connections vouchers on mousesavers. I'm trying to decide how many to order. We will probably do 3 breakfasts, so I will get 9 for 3 adults. I would like to eat at Rainforest Cafe in AK, but not sure what to orded. We have 3A and 3C. If I order vouchers for the kids, do they have to order everything from the kids menu or can they get an adult appetizer.dessert, and drink? Also has anyone had problems ordering smoothies or milkshakes at any of the resturants? Has anyone ordered the homerun protion of wings from All Star Cafe with a voucher? Thanks again. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions in the near future.

I hope you get more answers, but I've read posts here on the Rainforest Cafe & Connections... The adults can share with the children & vice versa... The children can order their appetizer & dessert off the adult menu, but the entree must be off the childrens menu...

I was checking out the RFC menu yesterday on www.wdwig.com & I was thinking one adult & one child voucher would work for us, we're 2 adults & a 4 & 7 year old... I think the largest steak they serve is something like 20oz., good god, that would serve all 4 of us in one sitting & there'd be some left over!! So, it just depends what kind of food you're thinking about & what everybody likes...

We've only tried getting a milkshake at Beaches & Cream, and that was no trouble...

I think I've seen differing answers on the Wings @ the All Star Cafe... so I can't really give you any info...

Just used Connections Vouchers last week at RFC at AK. We used one adult and two childrens, but we really should have only used 1 and 1. There were never any problems with any one ordering smoothies or milkshakes, actually it was encouraged. The kids get appetizers from the adult menu, but were held to the entree and dessert choices on the children's menu. This was really not a problem, since they were stuffed anyway.
The use of vouchers was no problem in any of the places that we ate at. The waitress in Mexico was not sure how to deal with them, but her manager helped her and again, no trouble.

When I ordered the vouchers I ordered as though we would all use one for each meal because I was usure of how comfortable I'd be sharing, (I also knew we'd be returning to WDW before they wwould expire if I had leftovers). We learned very early on that there was just too much food if we used more than the 1 and 1 ratio. We simply paid for the extra drinks and usually an extra salad. Most bills did not cost more that about $8.00, but I would leave a big tip for the trouble of separating the items like that--even with the larger tip I still saved money!

Patsal, thanks for the recent info, I knew I'd read on the board about using the 1 adult & 1 child combination... do you remember what you ordered at RFC or Mexico? those are two definite locations I'm interested in & haven't used vouchers there in the past....

Thanks...

Hi! :wave:

I'm not Patsal, but maybe I can answer one of your questions. My 17 year old DS and I shared an adult voucher at RFC at AK in June. We got cheese sticks for the appetizer, pizza for the entree, a soda, and Bananas Foster for the dessert. We bought one extra soda. We could have gotten something more expensive, but I'm a vegetarian so these were about the only things we could share. We still definitely saved money! I wish I had known we could have gotten a milkshake for the beverage! My son would have loved that! We wanted to get the Volcano for the dessert, but our server said that because we were only using one voucher and the Volcano is considered a 2 person (or more) dessert, that we couldn't. :( :confused: Has anyone else been allowed to get the Volcano dessert when sharing a voucher?

Debbie:earsgirl:

At the RFC we used two kids vouchers and one adult voucher. The kids ordered smoothies to drink, DH had Iced tea (I ordered an extra iced tea). Motzeralla sticks, coconut chicken, and some quesedilla with shrimp thing were the appetizers. The kids ordered pizza and dinosaur chiken nuggets and fries, DH and I shared the stuffed Lobster (I also ordered a side salad that we shared). The kids had a choice of an ice cream treat -- one had the tollhouse cookie ice cream sandwich, and one had the snickers cone. DH and I shared a piece of key lime pie. The total check for my salad and drink was $8.00. We saved a good amount of money.
In Mexico we used four vouchers because the kids said they were really hungry. The Queso Fundido feeds two, but because we used four vouchers we had no problem when ordering it. There ws some still left over. The kids again had smoothies and DH and I had iced tea. Kids ordered chicken tenders and fries, DH ordered Pollo a las rajas, and I ordered teh Plato National. We all had churros y chocolate for dessert. Again we saved a good amouont and the kids really were very hungry becasue they ate all thier food. I however fed nearly half of mine to DH and we easily could have shared rather that use both vouchers. Faarther down on this paaage are my dining reviews, they are long but you may find them helpful.
Sal

We are a family of 4, including two adult children, 22 y.o. and 19 y.o. travelling with us for our WDW trip in Jan. 03
I am thinking of ordering the Connection vouchers also for this trip.
What are the name of the vouchers used for the sit-down dinners? What do they cost? Would I really save alot of money using these vouchers for dinners?
I am definately going to order the Q&C vouchers for a lunch at Beaches and Cream. I have read too many good reveiws of B&C using the Q&C vouchers and cannot pass up that deal!
Some of the places we intend to dine:
1. Cape May Buffet
2. LTT -Supper
3. Le Cellier- Lunch, possibly dinner if they don't serve the Chedder Cheese soup at lunch.
4. Beaches and Cream- Lunch
5. Character Breakfast- at least one, have not decided where yet.
6. RFC - probably lunch at AK, have GC for this meal.
7 Cheesecake Factory- lunch or dinner
Any suggestions are welcomed.
Figment27

Figment27,

Using vouchers at Cape May or LTT will NOT save you any money, in fact you will spend MORE with the vouchers...

My DH & I ate at LeCellier & saved about 30 or 35 dollars by using the vouchers for their latest seating for lunch... As you know, using vouchers at Beaches & Cream saves a substantial amount of money... Using vouchers for the character breakfasts always saves money, but only 1-4.00 for each breakfast... but if you're going with a few people, it does start to add up...

Isn't the Cheesecake Factory in DD? If so, they don't accept the vouchers I don't believe...

Thanks Patsal & CDoobee for your insight into the RFC!!

Regarding ordering the vouchers through Connections, has anyone had any problems ordering more than 10 Q&C vouchers? I've just entended my trip to WDW by another three days :p so more vouchers couldn't hurt!

I got the following message when ordering 10 vouchers through Connections: "With this order, you will reach the maximum limit allowed for this benefit." Does this mean per calendar year, per order, per month? They sure don't make it very clear...:confused: :rolleyes:

Hi Fredonna,

That's no problem, put your first order through with just the ten, then place a second order for however more you want... That happened to me last time I ordered as well... I guess you can only get 10 per order, but there's no limit to the number of orders apparently...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter