Connecticut DVC'ers

Originally from Newington... We now live in Burlington, CT!!!!

WE LOVE OUR DVC!!!

I was randomly searching and found this post. I figured that I would bump it and add our name to the list.

Jeremy&Susan from Bristol.

Checking in from Wallingford Here. Just added to BCV again. Have a Great Christmas all and a great Holiday!

We are disney DVC'rs from MILFORD, CT! Been owners since 2001 and we love, love, love our DVC's. Hello fellow CT DVC'rs!! :cheer2:

I grew up in Bristol and now live in Torrington, does that count? ;)

LOL.

Hey, how about the new Circuit City going in up in the Price Chopper Plaza? And the new Target Plaza is awesome!

I've mentioned it before, but we're from New Hartford.....but I drive through Torrington DAILY to get back and forth to work.

:)

And to the Bristol folks: What's this I hear about Lake Compounce being sold/shut down?

LOL.

Hey, how about the new Circuit City going in up in the Price Chopper Plaza? And the new Target Plaza is awesome!

I've mentioned it before, but we're from New Hartford.....but I drive through Torrington DAILY to get back and forth to work.

:)

And to the Bristol folks: What's this I hear about Lake Compounce being sold/shut down?

A. Target is awesome! I make sure to stop there at least once a weekend...and the Panera is now open too! :banana: :woohoo:

B. Lake Compounce was sold to a Spanish firm and as far as I know there's been no plans to shut it down - I read that they want to expand the water park.

I grew up in Bristol and now live in Torrington, does that count? ;)

Yes it counts.

Torrington is now so much like what Bristol used to be; smaller, friendlier, more rural and farmey (if that's a word or term).

We may also move in the future to a more New England Country Town Setting in the NW of CT or East of the River. Bristol is getting very busy.

Take care and enjoy.:santa:

Yes it counts.

Torrington is now so much like what Bristol used to be; smaller, friendlier, more rural and farmey (if that's a word or term).

We may also move in the future to a more New England Country Town Setting in the NW of CT or East of the River. Bristol is getting very busy.

Take care and enjoy.:santa:

Torrington is just starting to see the same kind of development. 202 is starting to get VERY built up, especially at the top of East Main. Looks like the opposite end of town, down by "old route 8" (aka 800) is starting to get more retail development, too with Loewes going in, etc. It's becoming, for good or bad, a lot less sleepy. Again, much like Bristol about 10+ years ago.

We're in New Hartford, so we're caught between the expansion in Avon and the expansion in Torrington. I'm guessing we're just a few years away from seeing our little, sleepy town explode along the route 44 corridor. Seems "sleepy" is becoming a dying breed, even in the NW corner. You almost have to head west of Winsted, into Norfolk, Colebrook, Canann, etc to find that kind of nice, "New England"-y setting. :(

A. Target is awesome! I make sure to stop there at least once a weekend...and the Panera is now open too! :banana: :woohoo:

Yeah, the Panera's not on my diet. :) But, BD (before diet), we used to LOVE the one in the Kohls plaza out in Canton/Avon. Those Cinemmon Crunch bagels are to die for.

B. Lake Compounce was sold to a Spanish firm and as far as I know there's been no plans to shut it down - I read that they want to expand the water park.

Glad to hear THAT, at least. I knew a firm out of Madrid had bought them, but the rumor was that they were going to Shutter or Sell off Lake Compounce (and only them, of all the Kennywood parks). I'd heard about the water park expansion, once the road finishes getting moved.

Burlington checking in!!!

Members since 2002!!!

Mickeydad:wave2:

Greetings from Granby - on the other side of the northern notch from Candlelady!

Count another one in from Granby!!!

(although we lived in Simsbury when we bought DVC and moved to Granby this year - didn't think there would be another one of us from such a small town!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter