Confused about Teppan Edo

Michele

DIS Veteran
All the pictures I see of the new place is rooms with grills in them, which is great, what I want.
But the menu doesn't look like the usual fare for grilling. All the meals seem to have noodles with the instead of fried rice and vegetables we usually get on the teppan grill.

Is this menu being served now, has anyone eaten there yet? Can you provide some explanations?

TIA!!

We ate there a few weeks ago
Everything is a la cart....so soup/salad is extra
they give you noodle, light seasoning
our seasonal veggies was mushroom and onions
(would have love at least a zucchini or squash)

I got the scallops and DH had the steak
was good nothing special
we got white rice only (no option for fried)

I thought it was very cut and dry...

We just ate there Friday and it seemed like a step above Benihana. There was no fried rice but the veggies did come with noodles (nice touch).
Be prepared for a bow barage!!!!

We have reservations in April. That menu seems very strange for a grill set-up. No fried rice? At home we always get vegetables and noodles and fried rice. I'm thinking of changing my ressies! Thanks for letting us know that. I was kind of excited, because we love Japanese food at home, we love fried rice and vegetables....Thanks again:thumbsup2

Does anyone know if you can order sushi to eat in this area also? We have 2 grill eaters and 2 sushi eaters in the family.

That's how it's always been at Teppanyaki - you get noodles, veggies and a bowl of white rice along with your entree. Trust me- it's really good and PLENTY of food.

That's how it's always been at Teppanyaki - you get noodles, veggies and a bowl of white rice along with your entree. Trust me- it's really good and PLENTY of food.

I agree. We ate there in Dec. 07 and I thought it was very similar to what they had before except for a larger variety. ;)

No fried rice? That makes sense as fried rice is not a part of Japanese Cuisine. ;)

I ate there in December and absolutely loved it! :goodvibes

There is a grill and the seats are situated around the grill on 3 sides. The other side is for the chef.

Oh, if you go, make sure to order the edamame appetizer. Sooooo good! :lovestruc

(This is in regards to Teppan Edo. I didn't go to the Tokyo Dining)

No fried rice? That makes sense as fried rice is not a part of Japanese Cuisine. ;)

:thumbsup2
Once I overheard a guest ask if fried rice was available. The chef replied, "when a Japanese person wants fried rice, they order Chinese takeout.":rotfl:

We love Teppan Edo and ate here in October. We always loved Teppanyaki and we thought it was even better than before the refurbishment.
At Teppan Edo you sit at tables for 8 that are on 3 sides of the grill, which is in the center. If your party is less than 8 you will most likely be seated with another party at the table.
The chef prepares the food, as well as entertains the diners as he cooks.
We have always had our main entry with vegtables and noodles and a bowl of white rice. This is authentic Japanese, not Chinese which is fried rice. The food is delicious.
There is sushi on the appetizer menu. I do not know if the serving would satisfy as a dinner entree.
Toyoko Dining is on the other side of the building. This is a new restaurant created from the space that was the lounge prior to the refurbishment. It has a totally different menu which is comprised of sushi, tempura and Japanese Grill with steamed vegtables and steamed rice. You sit at tables and chairs. It is very open and very pretty. I would like to try it!
HTH

We ate there in December. We had a party of 5 and we were seated with another family of 3.

I had a shrimp cocktail for my appetizer, DS and DH split an order of California rolls. (We were paying cash - no dining plan.)

For entrees DH and I each ordered the chicken/steak combo, DS ordered the kid's chicken. We all had white rice, noodles with veggies (onion and zucchini), and then the chef grilled some mushrooms with the steak. I don't eat onions so I just sort of shoved them to the side of the plate. The food was very good, but we didn't think it was all that filling. DH ate all of his own food and finished what DS didn't eat (the kid's portion was very large) and he was still hungry! The desserts are limited, so we just went back to AKL and got dessert at Jiko.

I would have sworn that a lady at the next table had broccoli on her plate, so it might be a good idea to ask if there are other veggies available.

If we went to Teppan Edo again we would NOT skip lunch that day, because the food just isn't all that filling.

i ate there in November. It was sooo delicious. I have some pictures in page 1 or 2 of my trip report, so please check it out..
what the heck... check out my report anyway...lol :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter