Conflicting Dinner Reservation not automatically cancelled?

Hope Soda

Mouseketeer
I had an 8:30pm BOG reservation on a party (MVMCP) night, but I have been trying to switch all of my reservations to accommodate a party on a different night. Today, I saw the appropriate Akershus dinner time to replace BOG and grabbed it. As usual, I was warned that my BOG would be cancelled, which I was totally okay with because I was going to cancel it anyway (I posted such in the Dec cancellation thread). Anyway, I got my Akershus confirmation, but no cancellation email for BOG. I checked MDE and, sure enough, both reservations are still there.

Has anyone else had this happen? Know what would cause it?

That's been happening to me as well! Some reservations do cancel when I schedule something that's conflicting, but most of the time, they do not. Might be a glitch with the site!

I recommend canceling the one you want gone, though. If the system goes nuts and cancels both, it will be painful to you.

I have noticed that if you use the touringplans reservation finder, or lets you book conflicting reservations without being prompted to cancel

Mine cancelled as promised for every swap I've made up until tonight. Just now it "cancelled" one but I never received the email and it's still showing in MDE.

That happened to me as well. I did not get a confirmation email of the cancellation and when I went in to look, both still showed up. I went through the steps to cancel the one I did not want as I did not want the system to cancel both.

I find the system quirky at times. It made me cancel one BOG to secure an earlier one, but at other times has ended up keeping reservations that are barely an hour apart.

Congratulations on scoring the Akershus dinner you've been looking for!

it happened to us yesterday. However I went back and cancelled the one I no longer need and the new one was ok, it's still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter