Confirming Reservations

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by Disney Adventurer, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Disney Adventurer

Disney Adventurer Mouseketeer

Is it possible to confirm a reservation through DVC with just a reservation number and not a membership number? In other words if I call the DVC number and give them a reservation number will they confirm the resort and dates?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lew

Lew DIS Veteran

The first thing they will ask for is your membership number, then your name. I don't believe they will tell you anything before they confirm you are a member.

4. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

You should be able to call the resort directly and ask to confirm the reservation. Be sure to tell them it's a DVC reservation made with points.

5. higgyman

higgyman Earning My Ears

Yes, you can confirm the reservation with DVC. I just did it for a reservation made for me through a rental agreement, and I am not a DVC member. To avoid confusion, be sure to tell them up front that a member made the reservation for you in your name.

6. djnrook

djnrook Earning My Ears DVC Gold

How would a non-member get the member services phone #? As a member, I sure don't want the phone lines tied up by non-members.

7. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

It's directly on the confirmation so no way to keep it from them unless they remove it. II exchangers can also call that number for requests, dining reservations and the like.

8. meryll83

meryll83 All it takes is faith and trust...

I've just called member services (I am not a member, I have rented points from another member) and they would not do anything without a membership number.
    Any suggestions?
    I just want to confirm the reservation exists.

9. meryll83

I just found a more recent post stating that MS will no longer talk to non-members.
    I'll just have to wait until 5 days to go and then call the resort directly I guess.....
    Just wanted to have as much official confirmation as possible :)

10. LisaS

LisaS DIS Veteran

Note to anyone who reads this very old thread: There is a new policy in place (since Aug '06?) and Member Services will no longer take calls from non-members.

11. Y-ASK

Y-ASK Y-ASK

I think it's 48 hours before you're due to check in that the resort gets the reservation. I think if you call at five days out they still won't have it.

Y-ASK

12. meryll83

Ok guess I'll have to try then! Can you ring another Disney resort free from your in-room Disney resort phone?

13. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

Yes, just dial the WDW Operator. But be sure to specify why you need the front desk. The WDW operator now acts as a cyber front desk for all resorts, and they may or may not have the DVC ressie info at the cyber front desk system.

14. meryll83

Cool thanks for the tip!