• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confirmed MSEP to stop and move to DL Oct. 9th

I know a lot of you guys do not rate screamscape as a reliable source, but for what its worth, they posted an update this morning suggesting what I already said - that there may not be a replacement or indeed any night parade going forward.

When Fantillusion ended at Paris, everyone assumed there surely would be a replacement after a short break, but so far there is still nothing planned.
Fantallusion is still in Paris too. The big problem with Paris though with nighttime parades is it doesn't get completely dark there by 9 or 10 o'clock which makes night parades hard to do.

I think we won't see MK with a nighttime parade for a while but I think one will eventually come back.

Fantallusion is still in Paris too. The big problem with Paris though with nighttime parades is it doesn't get completely dark there by 9 or 10 o'clock which makes night parades hard to do.

I think we won't see MK with a nighttime parade for a while but I think one will eventually come back.

The floats might still be in Paris but I doubt they're in a fit state to ever be of use again. As for the time of year, I can't see how that was a factor, they managed to make it work for many years with Fantallusion before they eventually decided to do away with it.

The floats might still be in Paris but I doubt they're in a fit state to ever be of use again. As for the time of year, I can't see how that was a factor, they managed to make it work for many years with Fantallusion before they eventually decided to do away with it.
From what I understand the floats are still usable. They are staying in Paris as far as I know too.

The sun light was a factor and they didn't run it when it was completely dark out. There are videos online where you can see this being a problem. I'm sure funds had a lot t do with it as well.

Not sure if this is posted by anyone yet but I got a call today from a CM regarding my MSEP dining package at Tony's Town Square. They offered the VIP viewing location at the flagpole for the Festival of Fantasy afternoon parade instead.

So from what I am gathering from all of this is MSEP is leaving WDW and so far we have heard nothing on whether or not another parade is currently in the works for MK. If thats the case that totally sucks! I loved MSEP and I am so glad I got to see it 1 last time when we were there last year. I almost missed it too last year..my kids were exhausted and just wanted to go back to the hotel but I wanted to see the parade so my hubby took them back to the hotel and I stayed to watch the parade and now I am glad I did. But I am still sad that that we haven't heard anything about another parade. Well I am following along with this thread in case someone hears something. We have a trip planned for March and I was hoping for some awesome night time activities besides fireworks.

Not sure if this is posted by anyone yet but I got a call today from a CM regarding my MSEP dining package at Tony's Town Square. They offered the VIP viewing location at the flagpole for the Festival of Fantasy afternoon parade instead.

Perhaps others have shared elsewhere, but yours is the first report I've seen. Thanks for letting us know!

Interesting. I've not received a call yet but I have the package booked at 2:45. Wonder if I'll be offered anything since the parade is at 3?

The thing is with Paris as you said in summer it dosn't get dark till 10 and therefore the parade can't run. Also the fact that the have Dreams running and with a parade wouldn't really work. This is why I think that people guessing that PTN may go to Paris for its 25th are wrong.

The thing is with Paris as you said in summer it dosn't get dark till 10 and therefore the parade can't run. Also the fact that the have Dreams running and with a parade wouldn't really work. This is why I think that people guessing that PTN may go to Paris for its 25th are wrong.
I just heard paint the night is still likely to come to MK after the holidays.

Interesting. Someone over on WDWMagic said they're hearing PTN is going to run again before the holidays at DL. Are your sources indicating a late Jan/Early Feb premiere of PTN?

Interesting. Someone over on WDWMagic said they're hearing PTN is going to run again before the holidays at DL. Are your sources indicating a late Jan/Early Feb premiere of PTN?
That I don't know. I was told staging CMs say PTN is coming to MK after the holidays.

It would make sense. MSEP is starting in Jan at DL, so after the holidays it would be def possible for PTN the night to move over to WDW and be ready for spring break travel or so.

Well we are going mid February so if they're brining it over I'd love for it to be ready by then but I doubt it will be.

I would doubt their plan ever changed, they just were very careful in their wording to pacify the DL folks once they got notice (and got upset).

I was not the least bit shocked they put MK dark during months where so many months are party nights. I will guess when the big plan hit the paper they truly thought ROL would be running and help lessen the blow.

I would doubt their plan ever changed, they just were very careful in their wording to pacify the DL folks once they got notice (and got upset).

I was not the least bit shocked they put MK dark during months where so many months are party nights. I will guess when the big plan hit the paper they truly thought ROL would be running and help lessen the blow.
RoL still could be running during October and November and beyond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter