Condo/Townhouse Advice

EmmaLou2010

Earning My Ears
We are planning to go to Disney the third weekend in April and have no clue where to stay. We would love to keep the cost down on accommodations and don't mind staying offsite. We have found a TON of condos and townhomes that are so cheap that it seems too good to be true. And the photos of these places look great! Can anyone give advice on some of these locations? I"m afraid that these ads are totally deceptive and the places are actually bad. Any info anyone has on these locations would be greatly appreciated:

Sun Lake Resort
Windsor Hills
Indian Creek Subdivision
Paradise Cay
Crestwynd Bay
Coral Cay

Good Afternoon, we are snowbirds who stay in the area and have stayed in lots of local condos and homes. Indeed the prices seem too good to be true, but there is a glut of privately owned units and you are coming during a good time in terms of crowds. From your list, I am familiar with the location of Windsor Hills, Indian Creek, Crestwynd Bay. All are West of Disney and in great locations. Coral Cay and Paradise Cay are on the east side of Disney and in my opinion, Coral Cay would be a little more lengthy and congested drive to Disney.
Crestwynd is a great location just off 192 and a mile from the Disney entrance.
The interiors are all individual based on the owners tastes but I would check the reviews. They are not always accurate but can be a help. We have been coming to Disney for 35 years and always stayed off site. There are many great bargains. Other places that have a good reputation and some nice units and easy to Disney are Villas at Island Club, Bahama Bay, Caribe Cove, and Encantata.

Good Luck...Ted

Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms, Emerald Island, Encantada, Sunset Lakes, these tend to be the favorites. Windsor Hills has even townhomes that have private pools although I am not sure if all of them do. If you don't think you would appreciate a private pool it's because you haven't had one yet. We have returned home at 1 am from Magic Kingdom and taken a dip, mostly because we were wound up. Windsor Hills is also really close, within 3 miles of the main entrance to Disney.

Thank you both SO much. This is extremely helpful information. I'm glad to know that the cheap rates aren't some kind of scam. The places that we are considering have very high ratings on TripAdvisor so I'm feeling pretty good about these places. Going to try and narrow it down now. Keep the helpful tips coming! :thanks:

Thank you both SO much. This is extremely helpful information. I'm glad to know that the cheap rates aren't some kind of scam. The places that we are considering have very high ratings on TripAdvisor so I'm feeling pretty good about these places. Going to try and narrow it down now. Keep the helpful tips coming! :thanks:
Yeah, honestly I have always trusted the ratings on Trip Advisor and Homeaway and have never been sorry. If it only has one or 2 positive ratings then I usually won't do it but if there are 3 or more I am good to go. You are going at a great time and booking early enough that you should be able to get a great deal.

We have used Magical Vacation Homes at Windsor Hill 3 times in the past--- all great experiences!

This summer we will be staying at one of Dave Robinson's town homes at Windsor Hills in early June. I've read great reviews, we got a fantastic price ($635 total for an entire week) for a 3 BR splash pool town home.

We love having the extra room, the big resort pool or our own private splash pool, and the kitchen is nice for fixing a quick breakfast in the morning.

I would just echo what others have said. This is one case where "too good to be true" is actually true. You can rent a gorgeous 3-bedroom, 3-bath townhouse for $85/night. We just did that in Crestwynd Bay last month. It did not have a private pool, though, but we didn't care since it was January and we weren't going to be swimming (especially since it was in the 40s when we were there).

As noted, Windsor Hill/Palms have townhomes with private splash pools. If you get a condo, you can use the community pool (Crestwynd Bay also has a community pool). We've stayed in Windsor Palms many times.

We've had good luck at Windsor Hills using vrbo. I just make sure to only look at listings with numerous, good and recent reviews. Personally, I like Windsor Hills because of its location and amentities, and you can find a pretty good deal. Going through the other sites (outside of vrbo) probably gives you better assurance that it's not a fly-by-night renter, but they also tend to charge more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter