Concierge/Club Level Information (Sept 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying YC Club level in October for the first time. :yay:

How many of you have the concierge make your ADR's? I have to say I am on the anal side and unsure if I can let go of this task and trust it to someone else. :rotfl:

One of the places I really want to get is Le Cellier. I know it can be very difficult. I have first, second, third choices of days, as well as times and depending on if and when we get it, other ADR's would change accordingly. It's sort of a crazy mess, I am sometimes having a hard time keeping it all straight! I guess I am concerned that something will get messed up along the way if we don't end up getting LC on our first choice of nights.

Also, our ressies were made about 2 weeks ago and I have not been contacted by anyone from club level about doing anything for us. How long after they are made should you be contacted? Our ADR date is July 17.

Thanks for any info!

How many of you have the concierge make your ADR's? I have to say I am on the anal side and unsure if I can let go of this task and trust it to someone else. :rotfl:

One of the places I really want to get is Le Cellier. I know it can be very difficult. I have first, second, third choices of days, as well as times and depending on if and when we get it, other ADR's would change accordingly. It's sort of a crazy mess, I am sometimes having a hard time keeping it all straight! I guess I am concerned that something will get messed up along the way if we don't end up getting LC on our first choice of nights.

Also, our ressies were made about 2 weeks ago and I have not been contacted by anyone from club level about doing anything for us. How long after they are made should you be contacted? Our ADR date is July 17.

Thanks for any info!

While some have reported hearing from an IPO soon after they make their reservations, I have NEVER heard from the IPO until after I contact them!!

Send them an email - put your confirmation # and dates in the title, introduce yourself and give them a list of what you want to book. I would also suggest giving them a phone # and best time to reach you. Any ADRs which require advance payment of a CC to hold, will require the IPO get your credit card # (they do not have access to the CC you used when making your reservation - even if you told CRO to "keep it on file"). When they call you, would also be a chance for you to ask any questions and let them give you reassurance that they will book your ADRs! :goodvibes

I would say the IPO has a better shot than you do at getting the places and times that you want!! ;)

Happy Planning (but don't hesitate to let them make the ADRs for you)! :goodvibes

Thanks for any info!

I would send them an email with your confirmation # and dates in the subject line. Request any type of form they may use for requesting ADR's and other reservations. I had IPO make my reservations and they did well with all of them including some tough ticket items such as Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, CRT along with others. One key to it I think is if you can plan your tougher to get spots for the later part of your stay. That way you are only competing with the 90+10 folks and then only those whose first date has arrived. The people I see with the major league problems will be those that have to hit that 90 day mark for every ressie.

I just had the IPO make my ADR's on Sunday and they did great! There was only 2 that they couldn't get for my 1st choice days, but with a little bit of flexibility on my part I got everything I really wanted. I would definately recommend sending them 2nd + 3rd choice times for any restaurants that are important, I did this and it worked well. Good Luck!!!!

Well on our confirmation it says the following about that. AAA MEMBERSHIP CARD REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN FOR DISCOUNT. So even though we have our membership cards with us at all times, we would still show it to them to be on the safe side.

We've been asked to show our AAA card and our APs (depending on what rate we've used) every time we've stayed at WDW or Disneyland.

Thanks for any info!

Like you, I want to make sure that everything is done just right, but I honestly say that I am so glad that I finally let the IPO office make our ADRs for me. ADRs are getting harder and harder to make and it's been effortless when using the IPO offices, both for our 4/09 trip as well as our upcoming summer trip. I really recommend using them -- I was able to get everything I asked for, didn't have to wait forever on hold, and it all worked out great!:thumbsup2

As for waiting for them to contact you, I've never done that -- I just call or email them as soon as we've booked and introduce myself.:)

Is there such a thing as AKL Bunk Bed Savannah Club Level? The CM on the phone is telling me there is no such thing?

Is there such a thing as AKL Bunk Bed Savannah Club Level? The CM on the phone is telling me there is no such thing?

There is, but they are not guaranteed and pretty scarce. I've had the Don at the IPO note our request for one.

Do the lounges put out anything "special" other than the regular lounge fare for either of these days? We have been to CR 12th floor around Christmas, but never on it. Is there any difference on these days, or should I plan on some in room ordering?

Thanks in advance!

I remember thinking the king bed in our 1 BR was VERY comfortable. It was medium-firm with a nice pillow top if I recall correctly. But then again maybe the beds at Disney just seem comfortable because you're so exhausted by the time you climb into them! ;)

Thank you!

Thanks so much to all who answered my question!!

Send them an email - put your confirmation # and dates in the title, introduce yourself and give them a list of what you want to book. I would also suggest giving them a phone # and best time to reach you. Any ADRs which require advance payment of a CC to hold, will require the IPO get your credit card # (they do not have access to the CC you used when making your reservation - even if you told CRO to "keep it on file"). When they call you, would also be a chance for you to ask any questions and let them give you reassurance that they will book your ADRs! :goodvibes

I would say the IPO has a better shot than you do at getting the places and times that you want!! ;)

That's what I was wondering, if they would have a better chance than me. And I will definitely send them an email introducing myself, thanks for the tip!

I would send them an email with your confirmation # and dates in the subject line. Request any type of form they may use for requesting ADR's and other reservations. I had IPO make my reservations and they did well with all of them including some tough ticket items such as Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, CRT along with others. One key to it I think is if you can plan your tougher to get spots for the later part of your stay. That way you are only competing with the 90+10 folks and then only those whose first date has arrived. The people I see with the major league problems will be those that have to hit that 90 day mark for every ressie.

That's good to know because my first choice for LC is actually on our last night (we are there 5 nights). Every place else we are trying to get, I don't think should be too difficult.

I just had the IPO make my ADR's on Sunday and they did great! There was only 2 that they couldn't get for my 1st choice days, but with a little bit of flexibility on my part I got everything I really wanted. I would definately recommend sending them 2nd + 3rd choice times for any restaurants that are important, I did this and it worked well. Good Luck!!!!

Thanks! That is actually part of my concern because I am open to getting LC 3 of the 5 nights we are there, but depending on the night we get it, that will change some of the other ADR's for the other days. About half will stay the same regardless of when we get LC (if at all) but the other half will switch around. I will just have to make out a few different schedules based on which day we get LC. :)

Like you, I want to make sure that everything is done just right, but I honestly say that I am so glad that I finally let the IPO office make our ADRs for me. ADRs are getting harder and harder to make and it's been effortless when using the IPO offices, both for our 4/09 trip as well as our upcoming summer trip. I really recommend using them -- I was able to get everything I asked for, didn't have to wait forever on hold, and it all worked out great!:thumbsup2:

Okay, good to know that I can let go and it will be okay, LOL! I'm just such a planner and our last trip my parents and sister and BIL were with us and I was in charge of all the group ADR's so it's hard for me to imagine someone else doing it. Although not having to get up at 5 AM will make it a little easier I think!! :laughing:

We are very excited!! :yay:

Just got back from the Poly Club-Level this past weekend! Loved every minute of it. It was our first time to stay Club-Level, and we enjoyed the lounge very much. So sad it's over! :mickeybar

Just got back from the Poly Club-Level this past weekend! Loved every minute of it. It was our first time to stay Club-Level, and we enjoyed the lounge very much. So sad it's over! :mickeybar

We're heading to the Poly CL next month. We just got our ME info in the mail today so it's starting to feel close now :cool1:

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Any updates you can share as far as lounge offerings and any other tidbits would be great! :goodvibes

Okay folks...I have a fews question which I am trusting you club pros can answer for me. ;)

What are the view options that are available if you have booked a standard club room at the BWI? Also, are there any areas I should ask to avoid? Would any standard club rooms have a fireworks view?

Another question: Does the BWI lounge remain open between food service times (like AKL and the Poly)? Would it be somewhere my son and I could sit down and play a late night game of cards or Disney Trivia?

Yet another question: What are some of the private dining surprises you have ordered in the past? At the Contemporary we had a chocolate monorail and a chocolate Mickey Mouse. At AKL we had a zebra striped cake and a really cool chocolate giraffe/fence/AKL candy bar/zebra striped strawberries platter. At the GF we had a chocolate Mickey Mouse, tuxedo strawberries and some awesomely done up cakes/dessert platters. What sort of specialty items have you enjoyed at the BWI before?

Thanks tons!

We're heading to the Poly CL next month. We just got our ME info in the mail today so it's starting to feel close now :cool1:

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Any updates you can share as far as lounge offerings and any other tidbits would be great! :goodvibes

I am interested in that info too! Enjoy your upcoming stay WiscMom!

I'm very interested in this also! Only 30 sleeps to go!

I'm very interested in this also! Only 30 sleeps to go!

Looks like we'll be at Poly CL at same time. I'll be there with DH, DD(10), DS(8), & DD(6) from 7/29 to 8/5. I've been to Poly CL 4 times but haven't been since Oct 2005. I cannot wait to return!!!!! I was at Poly in January with just DD(10) but we just had a GV room-it was great but I can't wait for CL!!!!:banana:

Okay folks...I have a fews question which I am trusting you club pros can answer for me. ;)

What are the view options that are available if you have booked a standard club room at the BWI? Also, are there any areas I should ask to avoid? Would any standard club rooms have a fireworks view?

Another question: Does the BWI lounge remain open between food service times (like AKL and the Poly)? Would it be somewhere my son and I could sit down and play a late night game of cards or Disney Trivia?

Yet another question: What are some of the private dining surprises you have ordered in the past? At the Contemporary we had a chocolate monorail and a chocolate Mickey Mouse. At AKL we had a zebra striped cake and a really cool chocolate giraffe/fence/AKL candy bar/zebra striped strawberries platter. At the GF we had a chocolate Mickey Mouse, tuxedo strawberries and some awesomely done up cakes/dessert platters. What sort of specialty items have you enjoyed at the BWI before?

Thanks tons!

The standard club rooms will have either a view of the Boardwalk or a view of the gardens and quiet pool. The gardens view will allow you to see the high fireworks from Illuminations. These can also be viewd from the lounge balcony.
You may want to avoid a room at the end of the hallway towards the ESPN Club.

The lounge is open between services, but does close at 10pm. There is a quiet sitting area by the elevators on the 4th floor that I enjoy.

I have had a chocolate Mickey and the tuxedo strawberries. I also had a special creme bulee party for one of my girls trips. This was set up very nicely by the private dining cast. Oh, one time we got chocolate postcards, but I am not sure they still do this.

You will love the cast of the Innkeeper's Club. They are the reason I am there so often. They really do go above and beyond for their guests.

Looks like we'll be at Poly CL at same time. I'll be there with DH, DD(10), DS(8), & DD(6) from 7/29 to 8/5. I've been to Poly CL 4 times but haven't been since Oct 2005. I cannot wait to return!!!!! I was at Poly in January with just DD(10) but we just had a GV room-it was great but I can't wait for CL!!!!:banana:

I can't wait to be back there too! We were there in October 2005 also! I wonder if we were there the same days? Both my sister and I were newly pregnant on that trip and so we are excited about being able to try out the new (at least to us!) water slide. Last trip we stayed at the GF sugar loaf and I definitely prefer the poly CL over GF.

I can't wait!!!

The standard club rooms will have either a view of the Boardwalk or a view of the gardens and quiet pool. The gardens view will allow you to see the high fireworks from Illuminations. These can also be viewd from the lounge balcony.
You may want to avoid a room at the end of the hallway towards the ESPN Club.

The lounge is open between services, but does close at 10pm. There is a quiet sitting area by the elevators on the 4th floor that I enjoy.

I have had a chocolate Mickey and the tuxedo strawberries. I also had a special creme bulee party for one of my girls trips. This was set up very nicely by the private dining cast. Oh, one time we got chocolate postcards, but I am not sure they still do this.

You will love the cast of the Innkeeper's Club. They are the reason I am there so often. They really do go above and beyond for their guests.
Thank you so very much! That is just the sort of information I was hoping for! WONDERFUL! :) I appreciate the info very much!

The creme brulee party sounds like something I will have to look into! Did you just call private dining upon arrival? THANK YOU AGAIN! I promise to put the info to good use. ;):thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter