Concierge/Club Level Information (Sept 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome. I forgot about the cost from Canada -- I would send them an email rather than pay for a call. I've been calling on my cell phone so it doesn't cost me anything. They've been pretty good about answering the phone, too. Much better than the 30 or more minutes that I've had to wait to get through to CRO.:)
Even if we did call them I am sure they don't make us type in so many numbers on the phone like when calling CRO.

Staying BWI club level deluxe room. Just switched my codes after going through the possibilities... went from a free dining code to a deluxe room reduction code in September and saved $847 changing nothing but the code I was booked under. Doesn't alter any of my ADRs or other bookings. Now that's something to celebrate and definitely worth it.

I think that it's really hard to get a discount at AKL when staying in a CL room. I've been able to get one day here or there, but not 3-4 days in a row there.:sad2: And I called when the codes were released. The IPO office there is aware of it -- they say that CL at AKL is really popular. I've read that it's because after the AKV conversion in Jambo there really aren't that many CL rooms available anymore. The best I've been able to get lately has been AAA. Good luck!:)

I'm starting to believe this also. We got a bounceback offer last december and even back than AKL CL was not available for that code for our total of 8 nights. We ended up taking only one (30% discount). In spring I received a 40% off pincode. With that, it took me multiple times of checking to get myself a week at AKL CL after that first night (splitting room with friend). I could only get one or two nights available for the code. Had to keep calling back to see what opened up and add as I went along. It went pretty fast actually, think it only took me 2 weeks in total.

Moral of my story? Book the days you ARE able to get and see if you can add later on. It seems to be a bit easier to get CL eventually for all the days, and if not you can switch those CL-nights to standard or savannah easier than the other way round.

About roomlocation requests; simply mail IPO and ask them to add it. We did it for our upcoming stay and they were happy to add it.

Staying BWI club level deluxe room. Just switched my codes after going through the possibilities... went from a free dining code to a deluxe room reduction code in September and saved $847 changing nothing but the code I was booked under. Doesn't alter any of my ADRs or other bookings. Now that's something to celebrate and definitely worth it.

That's great! I'm glad you were able to get such a great savings! I was thrilled when a PIN code email showed up in my inbox that gave me a whopping 40% off my BWI CL stay for this October. That's the first time I've been able to take advantage of a PIN code offer, and I'm thrilled!

I'm starting to believe this also. We got a bounceback offer last december and even back than AKL CL was not available for that code for our total of 8 nights. We ended up taking only one (30% discount). In spring I received a 40% off pincode. With that, it took me multiple times of checking to get myself a week at AKL CL after that first night (splitting room with friend). I could only get one or two nights available for the code. Had to keep calling back to see what opened up and add as I went along. It went pretty fast actually, think it only took me 2 weeks in total.

Moral of my story? Book the days you ARE able to get and see if you can add later on. It seems to be a bit easier to get CL eventually for all the days, and if not you can switch those CL-nights to standard or savannah easier than the other way round.

I have a reservation at AKL CL - have called a couple times with several different codes but am always told nothing is available. Are you saying I should have them check individual nights and not the entire stay? (am a bit hesitant to call again - my last call the CM said "wow ... you sure call alot" :laughing:

I have a reservation at AKL CL - have called a couple times with several different codes but am always told nothing is available. Are you saying I should have them check individual nights and not the entire stay? (am a bit hesitant to call again - my last call the CM said "wow ... you sure call alot" :laughing:

You won't know if you don't try, right? :thumbsup2

And as for the "you sure call a lot" statement -- 2 words: *Job Security*!! :rotfl:

;)

We'll be there a little earlier than you--October 8-11.

Hi ead79, Your pictures and wonderful review helped us make the decision to stay in a BWI Garden Suite. Our Vacation is about the same time as yours. Small world!
(We'll be the happy couple on a second honeymoon heading over to food and wine most days! :laughing:)

Trying this again! :goodvibes

I remember thinking the king bed in our 1 BR was VERY comfortable. It was medium-firm with a nice pillow top if I recall correctly. But then again maybe the beds at Disney just seem comfortable because you're so exhausted by the time you climb into them! ;)

I realize they are not as big as the pin codes or some of the other discount codes WDW might e-mail you however if your a AAA or CAA member, then you should usually be able to get 10% off or maybe a bit more depending on the season when making a room only reservation over the phone. For this December my family and I got 10% off the Atrium Club - Bay Lake View at the Contemporary since we are CAA members, which is better then nothing. All we had to do was tell the Cast Member the card number over the phone, then we show the card once we check-in to apply the discount.

Also incase you were wondering AAA and CAA are exactly the same, the only difference is the name since CAA means Canadian Automobile Association.

Hi ead79, Your pictures and wonderful review helped us make the decision to stay in a BWI Garden Suite. Our Vacation is about the same time as yours. Small world!
(We'll be the happy couple on a second honeymoon heading over to food and wine most days! :laughing:)

That's too kind of you to say! I hope you love it--we certainly enjoyed our stay there for sure. The garden suites just have such a neat layout. I love the loft, and the giant jacuzzi tub. Thinking of that tub always makes me laugh. On our honeymoon, DH ran the water for the jacuzzi tub. I went to get in, and it was ridiculously hot--I felt like a lobster! DH insists that it's not too hot, so I got out and went to watch TV while he got in. He keeps insisting that he likes the water temperature. Then a few minutes later I hear him say, "Whooooo," and take a deep breath. I yell in there to find out what's wrong, and he says, "Well maybe the water was too hot after all. When I went to get out, I blacked out for a second." Well duh, sweetheart! ;)

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. :) For instance; you want nights 1 through 7. CM checks; not available. It might be that none of the nights are available, but it also might be that only night 6 is not available, and therefor the system telling you nights 1 through 7 aren't available.

By pinpointing exactly which nights are and aren't available, you've got a lot more info and therefor power to go on. When you already have for instance 4 nights of the desired 7 secured, it's easier to score those last 4 later, instead of trying to score 7 later on.

As for calling a lot? I called twice a day. I used the phonecall mentioned in the PIN-code mail. Don't know if another bunch of CM's answer that number, but I kept on running into the same small poule of CM's. After day 2, one of them knew who I was and what I was looking for. :rolleyes1 May have to do with me being from outside the US, don't know and don't care. Because, he knew and he searched. No need to explain, he knew what his job would be for that one call and that I'ld keep pestering them until I got what I wanted. Lo and behold, that same CM could eventually tell me we could add the nights desires. It took 3 'shifts' (first time got 4 nights, than 5, last time 7 nights) to get my 7 nights. :cheer2:

I realize they are not as big as the pin codes or some of the other discount codes WDW might e-mail you however if your a AAA or CAA member, then you should usually be able to get 10% off or maybe a bit more depending on the season when making a room only reservation over the phone. For this December my family and I got 10% off the Atrium Club - Bay Lake View at the Contemporary since we are CAA members, which is better then nothing. All we had to do was tell the Cast Member the card number over the phone, then we show the card once we check-in to apply the discount.

Also incase you were wondering AAA and CAA are exactly the same, the only difference is the name since CAA means Canadian Automobile Association.

This is how I got my discount at the AKL when I stayed in CL. And just in case for people to know, you don't need to wait for your official # to arrive by mail to book your rooms. I had signed up and within a day or so called to book my room and though they did ask for my AAA number, I didn't have it yet and told them I had just signed up. So they told me to bring y card w/ and present it upon check in. They never did ask for it but I'm sure they usually do.

So they told me to bring y card w/ and present it upon check in. They never did ask for it but I'm sure they usually do.
Well on our confirmation it says the following about that. AAA MEMBERSHIP CARD REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN FOR DISCOUNT. So even though we have our membership cards with us at all times, we would still show it to them to be on the safe side.

Well on our confirmation it says the following about that. AAA MEMBERSHIP CARD REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN FOR DISCOUNT. So even though we have our membership cards with us at all times, we would still show it to them to be on the safe side.

Ours did to, but they never did ask. I would not ever plan to go there and think they not ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter