Concierge/Club Level Information (Sept 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize up front as I'm sure this question has already been answered in the preceeding 179 pages, but here goes:

I just booked a 1BR AKV club level :banana: :yay: :banana: (I'm trying to reign in my excitement especially since the vacation isn't until next May!) and didn't know if I need to get in touch with IPO since I booked through DVC member services, or will they automatically get in touch with me?

I am looking forward to really kicking it deluxe style on this trip!

DH and I will be there in May as well in a studio! We're celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. maybe we'll be neighbors!

For those curious about IPO making ADR's now that the option to make reservations online is also available;

our 90-day mark came up today. Technically a split stay (first day friend and I share a CL-room, rest of the week both got our own rooms -me on CL-).

Sure enough, at 8.25 am Florida time, I had an e-mail from AKL IPO. They got us all the desired ADR's. Most are spot on for the timing. There are 2 that are 5 minutes later and one 15 minutes later. Also got our much desires Sunrise Safari. :thumbsup2:cool1:

Only reservation that doesn't work for us at the moment is diner at CRT. We're doing MNSHHP on that day, so wanted an ADR for 5 am. Got one for 6.20 pm. We don't want to miss a minute of the party, so that doesn't work. :headache: So I asked if there was anything that could be done. If not, I guess we'll have to turn it into a breakfast. By the way; CRT doesn't start before actual park opening like CP does, right?

For those curious about IPO making ADR's now that the option to make reservations online is also available;

our 90-day mark came up today. Technically a split stay (first day friend and I share a CL-room, rest of the week both got our own rooms -me on CL-).

Sure enough, at 8.25 am Florida time, I had an e-mail from AKL IPO. They got us all the desired ADR's. Most are spot on for the timing. There are 2 that are 5 minutes later and one 15 minutes later. Also got our much desires Sunrise Safari. :thumbsup2:cool1:

Only reservation that doesn't work for us at the moment is diner at CRT. We're doing MNSHHP on that day, so wanted an ADR for 5 am. Got one for 6.20 pm. We don't want to miss a minute of the party, so that doesn't work. :headache: So I asked if there was anything that could be done. If not, I guess we'll have to turn it into a breakfast. By the way; CRT doesn't start before actual park opening like CP does, right?

Congrats on the ADRs!! CRT's first breakfast ressies are something like 8:05am (just like CP!) Good luck - and if it's any consolation: I think the CRT breakfast is better than the dinner (although the dinner is fun too!) :thumbsup2

Congrats on the ADRs!! CRT's first breakfast ressies are something like 8:05am (just like CP!) Good luck - and if it's any consolation: I think the CRT breakfast is better than the dinner (although the dinner is fun too!) :thumbsup2

Thanks.

8.05 am sounds like a nice, nice, nice oppertunity. After I get myself out of bed, that is. :scared1:

Haven't done it yet, but from what I've seen and read, I also prefer the breakfast. So I wouldn't complain too much. ;) It's just that dinner works better with the MNSHHP also that day and friend I'm travelling with likes that combo better. I know I will be back at WDW, she doesn't. So her pick it is! :)

I just emailed BC IPO about the Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party.

So far they have been just fantastic making our ADRS, getting us an Illuminations Cruise, setting up spa appointments and even ordering a birthday cake for ds for our Illuminations Cruise.

Anyone else considering doing the new Fireworks Dessert Party?

And lo and behold, we got a 5.10 pm ADR for CRT instead the not working 6.20 one. :) Makes you wonder if it wasn't available when they made the original ADR, but oh well.

And lo and behold, we got a 5.10 pm ADR for CRT instead the not working 6.20 one. :) Makes you wonder if it wasn't available when they made the original ADR, but oh well.

Yes, I've tweaked several with the online reservation system and got the exact times I wanted. I imagine with the new system people are changing and rearranging a lot more often then when they had to call CRO, which will open more ressies quicker.

Yes, I've tweaked several with the online reservation system and got the exact times I wanted. I imagine with the new system people are changing and rearranging a lot more often then when they had to call CRO, which will open more ressies quicker.

Hmm, never thought about that. That does sound like a very logical option! :idea:

I emailed the Poly IPO for reservations for August 9 but they said they couldn't make the reservation yet. Don't think booking starts until June 22 or so. Sounds like fun.

So far they have been just fantastic making our ADRS, getting us an Illuminations Cruise, setting up spa appointments and even ordering a birthday cake for ds for our Illuminations Cruise.

Oh what's that?? The MK dessert party?
Ok I saw it on another site- so I know what it is- now the problem. July 3rd would be our pick but we are scheduled for California Grill that night at 7:15. Any ideas of the timing of this party?? I planned Cali for that night hoping to catch the fireworks from the deck there.

Oh what's that?? The MK dessert party?
Ok I saw it on another site- so I know what it is- now the problem. July 3rd would be our pick but we are scheduled for California Grill that night at 7:15. Any ideas of the timing of this party?? I planned Cali for that night hoping to catch the fireworks from the deck there.

That's funny because I thought of July 3 at first too. We're going to be at Liberty Tree Tavern that night and want to catch the 4th of July preview fireworks. I picked July 5th, hopefully they'll be able to get it for us. We're doing CRT for lunch that day so I thought we would just eat the appetizers at CL and save room for the dessert party!

In looking at our schedule I might try to do it on the 29th(Too bad we'll be gone on the 5th:sad1:) We have a Sci Fi lunch and that always does me in for the night. So a dessert party might be fun that day. I just have to check hours for the MK. I wonder how many people it will be? I can't imagine this is widely known.

I got an email back from BC IPO. They said you can start booking it on June 22 and they will book it for us. Just email BW IPO and they'll take care of it for you. I don't think many people will know about this yet so hopefully we'll both get the days we want! I wish we knew about this earlier, this would have been the perfect time to meet up!

I wanted to do it on a night we don't have a big dinner planned - so I can fill up on those chocolate strawberries and cheesecake!

That's funny because I thought of July 3 at first too. We're going to be at Liberty Tree Tavern that night and want to catch the 4th of July preview fireworks. I picked July 5th, hopefully they'll be able to get it for us. We're doing CRT for lunch that day so I thought we would just eat the appetizers at CL and save room for the dessert party!

We were thinking of doing it on the 3rd to see the 4th preview too (it would help to know that we'd have our own 'space' on a night that will be totally crowded,) but my fear is that they would close the parks early that day due to the crowds and we hadn't planned on being there all day. If we have an ADR, will they let us in, even if it's closed? I forget the order of closures and what each level means.

Great thread! Planning on staying AKL CL on our next trip. So thought I'd jump on board!
Any idea how long I need to wait before booking my trip for spring?

You can book room only 500 days out. Package prices come out some time in August.

We'll be at AKL CL next Sept also, can't wait!

Do you think its best to book AKL CL room only so I can reserve earlier? Or if I wait for packages, will there still be rooms available?

I phoned IPO for more info on the Dessert Party yesterday, then I e-mailed them today to request it for 8/13. They did tell me they can't book it until Monday, but they will e-mail my confirmation. They also said you pay in full at time of booking witht he credit card they have on file, and they do not have any info on the cancellation policy yet.

I read ONE post on another thread that said it is non-refundable, but the CM from IPO checked multiple screens and made several calls and was NOT able to confirm or deny that. My plan was to book and then cancel if I hear negative things during the next month or so. I guess if it is non-refundable we will go no matter what! :rotfl2:

Do you think its best to book AKL CL room only so I can reserve earlier? Or if I wait for packages, will there still be rooms available?
Well depending on the package they set aside so many rooms for each resort. For example originally my family and I had a room only Contemporary Magic Kingdom View - Atrium Club reservation for this August. However in February we swtiched to the 4/3 deal and the only Atrium Club Level rooms they had was the Bay Lake View, because the Magic Kingdom View rooms on the Atrium Club floor were not available with the 4/3 deal. However if we were to look online for a room only reservation the Magic Kingdom View - Atrium Club room was still available for our vacation dates, since those are two different reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter