Concierge/Club Level Information (Sept 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike the other Deluxe Resorts where you tell the Cast Member at the bell stand outside your checking in for a Club Level reservation at the Contemporary when checking in for the Atrium Club or Tower Club, you tell the Cast Members working at the bell stand inside the lobby and from there they will call either floor to say that you have arrived.

:love:
Were looking forward to more ALK CL info too~
Our first stay will be Oct 5th - 11th

Can't wait!

And thank you so much everyone that has posted!

Guess we'll see you there, we're staying AKV CL 10/4-12!

This is a suprise trip for our kids, they have no idea yet! I'm truly hoping we can get through the next 27 days without them finding out. I know they will totally freak, they've all wanted to go at Halloween time.

Susan,
I would love anything you can post about AKL. We are going in Dec.:santa: It is a surprise trip for me (so my dks think). I have left all of the planning to my dh:upsidedow and am curious as to what I am in for.

CR 1975
CR 1984
CBR 2003:santa:
CSR 2005:santa:
AKL 2008:santa: Only 90 more days!!

That is a wonderfullllllllllll ALMOST surprise!!! :rotfl2:

Can't wait!

Woohooo! Right around the corner!

I have way to much info/photos/etc to move them all over here...so I thought I would offer up a link that might be helpful.

Starting at post #30 (on page 2) of the trip report I wrote last year, we arrive at AKL. We were there September 2007. We stayed concierge and LOVED it. We did almost everything they offer. Bead activities, cookie decorating, Wanyama Safari, Simba's Club, Bush Camp for kids, cultural activities, animal watching, swimming, eating (Jiko, CS, room service, ordered special cakes, ordered special edible treat), took the buses, shopped...well, pretty much, we did almost everything there and I took pictures and/or wrote about most of it and posted it to that trip report. I have pictures of our rooms, our views, assorted shots around the resort, favorite CMs, the Wanyama safari and more.

I hope that helps. :thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1585715&page=2

I loved your trip report! I had read it before and loved all the details and pictures you had there. One of my favorite parts (I know...odd) was when you were sitting on the porch in a rocker waiting for your family and called to check on your dad. My eyes teared up and it was just one of those special moments. Great family... great report!

jaycns - I've just spent an hour...reading not only your AKL trippie, but the whole dang thing! What a wonderful report! Thanks for all the info!

Does anyone know if the CL at the Polynesian still offers the yummy pineapple bread for breakfast?

Is there a list of the dinner offerings for AKL?

Also, a few questions from DH
What beers and wine are offered? Can you request beer before/after the evening offering times or is that looked down upon? lol.

Thanks! :)

jaycns - I've just spent an hour...reading not only your AKL trippie, but the whole dang thing! What a wonderful report! Thanks for all the info!
I am glad it helped someone. I know I absolutely eat up any and all information about the resort that we will be staying at during our next trip. I was hoping that our experiences at AKL could help someone else in their planning. I am glad you enjoyed the AKL parts (and the rest;)). Let me know if you have any questions. :thumbsup2

I loved your trip report! I had read it before and loved all the details and pictures you had there. One of my favorite parts (I know...odd) was when you were sitting on the porch in a rocker waiting for your family and called to check on your dad. My eyes teared up and it was just one of those special moments. Great family... great report!
That was one of my favorite moments IRL. I loved the thought that I was just starting on my vacation adventure, I had already had so much fun AND my dad was doing so well. It was a moment that I will always remember. Not to mention those cool breezes coming from the open door. HA HA HA. That really is a great place to kick back and relax. ;)

Does anyone know if the CL at the Polynesian still offers the yummy pineapple bread for breakfast?

What beers and wine are offered? Can you request beer before/after the evening offering times or is that looked down upon? lol.

I came here after the Polynesian FAQ thread--I answered your questions over there! :)

At AKL they had 2 different African beers plus the regular beers. Hubby said the African ones were very good. You can get beer or wine whenever you want it. You just have to ask the CM there and they will get it for you.

The dinner offerings were 2 or 3 different kids of meats a night. One night they had lamb meatballs. Another skewers of lamb or beef short ribs, or wings. Every night that part changed.Everything was absolutely delicious! They also had out hummis and veggies and a few dips and flat breads, an olive type salad, breads and rolls. I'm sure some-one has a list out there~

At AKL they had 2 different African beers plus the regular beers. Hubby said the African ones were very good. You can get beer or wine whenever you want it. You just have to ask the CM there and they will get it for you.

The dinner offerings were 2 or 3 different kids of meats a night. One night they had lamb meatballs. Another skewers of lamb or beef short ribs, or wings. Every night that part changed.Everything was absolutely delicious! They also had out hummis and veggies and a few dips and flat breads, an olive type salad, breads and rolls. I'm sure some-one has a list out there~

I just looked through all my paperwork - we stayed AKL-CL and Poly CL in late July. The Polynesian includes a list of each day's Evening Service (5-7pm) menu at check-in. (mine says "updated March 21, 2008").

AKL gives you a beautiful personalized Safari folder at check-in. All the Offerings names and times are listed, but no menu was included. (I also checked from our April stay - no menu then either.)

MACHEO (Sunrise Offerings): 6:30am
For our early risers - coffee and assorted juices.

MIAMKO (Adventurous Awakenings): 7:00am - 10:30am
Start your adventure with an asortment of fresh fruits, juices, pastries and cereals.

VITAFUNIO (Safari Snacks): 11:30am - 3:00pm

Take a mid-day break and enjoy a selection of African snacks and beverages.

CHAI (Afternoon Tea): 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Sit back and relax with imported loose leaf teas, assorted freshly baked scones, cookies and biscuits. A daily must in Africa!

KISIKUSIKU (Twilight Offerings): 5:00pm - 7:00pm
After an exciting safari, take pleasure in an array of wines, hors d'oeuvres, and savor African specialty appetizers from our resort restaurants, Jiko and Boma.

REHEMA (Evening Indulgences): 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Revisit your day's activities or plan for tomorrow while treating yourself to a sampling of fine desserts and a variety of premium cordials.

:goodvibes

Can anyone give me any insight into the CL @ the BC? Have never stayed there and looking for info; where to begin? Thanks!:banana:

AKL gives you a beautiful personalized Safari folder at check-in. All the Offerings names and times are listed, but no menu was included. (I also checked from our April stay - no menu then either.)

Thanks for this list! I'm planning a Christmas '09 stay at the AKL CL and this answers one of my questions. :thumbsup2

Ok - upon recommendations from here I will try to use the IPO for our CRT ADR. Now here's another question. I know the IPO will only help with ADRs that correspond to our stay at AKL. But here is the thing....we are doing a split stay. So 4 days at CSR and 6 at AKL. The day I want the ADR for CRT is one of the days we will be at AKL but Disney has that feature for guests regarding ADRs (the 180 days + 10) my question is do you think the IPO will make an ADR for me using this system of 180+10d.

Thanks for this list! I'm planning a Christmas '09 stay at the AKL CL and this answers one of my questions. :thumbsup2

Glad to help! :goodvibes

Ok - upon recommendations from here I will try to use the IPO for our CRT ADR. Now here's another question. I know the IPO will only help with ADRs that correspond to our stay at AKL. But here is the thing....we are doing a split stay. So 4 days at CSR and 6 at AKL. The day I want the ADR for CRT is one of the days we will be at AKL but Disney has that feature for guests regarding ADRs (the 180 days + 10) my question is do you think the IPO will make an ADR for me using this system of 180+10d.

Don't worry about the "180+10" feature when IPO is handling your ADRs. As long as they have the information they need from you at about day 200, you'll be fine! Make sure they know your party size & desired time and they'll do the rest! They won't let you down. :thumbsup2

If it will make you feel better, put in a call to the AKL IPO (407-938-4755) and ask them how confident they are that they can get that very important reservation for you. They will be glad to speak with you and will put your mind at ease. :goodvibes

ooh, i'm intrigued! have you got a photo of this?

I'll see if I can get my DD to take a picture and post it later today! I haven't mastered the camera-to-computer yet - there's a cord involved and it baffles me! :laughing:

ooh, i'm intrigued! have you got a photo of this?

OK - DD is home, now I can post pics!! :rotfl:

Here's the Safari folder (it's sturdy paper!)
006.jpg

Some of the information inside the folder:
002.jpg

Here's the birthday card left in our room for Tori's 15th birthday! :cloud9:
004.jpg

005.jpg

:goodvibes

I called one of the IPO offices day before yesterday to see if they could provide me with a number for the new Business Club Rooms Concierge that will be avail in Jan at CSR. I had to "nicely" argue with the CM that indeed CSR will be having club rooms in Jan. After placing me on hold and phoning his manager, he was very surprised to find out that indeed this will be the case. He said he was suprised that I was able to book this category, as the club rooms has not yet been built. Anyhow, he was to call me back to let me know to whom I should speak to, but I did not get a call back. I sure would like to have the IPO services available now when I need them. Anyone know who I should call this time??? Thanks for the reply.:confused:

I called one of the IPO offices day before yesterday to see if they could provide me with a number for the new Business Club Rooms Concierge that will be avail in Jan at CSR. I had to "nicely" argue with the CM that indeed CSR will be having club rooms in Jan. After placing me on hold and phoning his manager, he was very surprised to find out that indeed this will be the case. He said he was suprised that I was able to book this category, as the club rooms has not yet been built. Anyhow, he was to call me back to let me know to whom I should speak to, but I did not get a call back. I sure would like to have the IPO services available now when I need them. Anyone know who I should call this time??? Thanks for the reply.:confused:

I was wondering that too. I wonder if Disney has even put a CSR-IPO team in place yet. :confused3 Here's a link to Buzz2001's CSR FAQ thread (in case you haven't found it yet).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1734215&page=134

I'm going to post your question over there. If anyone knows for sure, it's Buzz2001! :thumbsup2

Can't wait!

WOW It Has Come Round Quick:woohoo: :woohoo: I Remember You Posting To One Of My Threads A Few Months Ago:woohoo: :woohoo: Remember And Say Hi:lmao: :lmao: I Leave In Just Over A Wks Time For AKL CL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter