Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we stayed BC CL and were very dissapointed. The offerings were skimpy and really boring. The evening offerings were usually some kind of fried meat dumpling and if we didn't get there as soon as the lounge opened we had to wait for refills. Prior to our stay at BC, we stayed at BWI and WL. We were very happy with BWI but I have to say that WL was by far the best.

When I returned home from my trip to BC last year, I contacted management at the BC to let them know about my dissapointment. I was told that all the hotels were cutting back on their club offerings and changing their menus.

When we stayed a WL 2 years ago, some of the evening offerings included venison meatballs, chilli and sushi. I'm currently planning our trip for this June/July and I was wondering if anyone knows if I could still expect the same.

Thanks!

Last year we stayed BC CL and were very dissapointed. The offerings were skimpy and really boring. The evening offerings were usually some kind of fried meat dumpling and if we didn't get there as soon as the lounge opened we had to wait for refills. Prior to our stay at BC, we stayed at BWI and WL. We were very happy with BWI but I have to say that WL was by far the best.

When I returned home from my trip to BC last year, I contacted management at the BC to let them know about my dissapointment. I was told that all the hotels were cutting back on their club offerings and changing their menus.

When we stayed a WL 2 years ago, some of the evening offerings included venison meatballs, chilli and sushi. I'm currently planning our trip for this June/July and I was wondering if anyone knows if I could still expect the same.

Thanks!
Our most recent stay at the OFC was over Christmas. I've not detected any reduction in the lounge offerings during our last 6 stays. I have the nightly menus posted HERE on the WL thread. I also have many lounge food photos within the thread in the CL section. The CL hyperlinks are HERE in Post 1.

In comparison to the Epcot resorts, we feel there is much more of a wider and better variety of food offered at WL. However, the Epcot resorts do have hard boiled eggs and oatmeal at breakfast. The oatmeal at WL is offered in the winter only.

WDWKOOK - where do you make your countdown tickers? I love them!
Thank you, ToyStory3. I use THIS SITE where I'm able to upload my own photos by choosing PHOTO BANNER. After creating the banners, I then choose ROTATING BANNER so that I can save space in my signature block. You can also use their own banners to make rotating banners. If you need additional help, feel free to PM me.

Our most recent stay at the OFC was over Christmas. I've not detected any reduction in the lounge offerings during our last 6 stays. I have the nightly menus posted HERE on the WL thread. I also have many lounge food photos within the thread in the CL section. The CL hyperlinks are HERE in Post 1.

In comparison to the Epcot resorts, we feel there is much more of a wider and better variety of food offered at WL. However, the Epcot resorts do have hard boiled eggs and oatmeal at breakfast. The oatmeal at WL is offered in the winter only.

Thanks WDWKOOK! You gave me loads of great information for my first stay at WL 2 years ago. I knew I could count on you to answer this last question. After this trip I may not be returning to WDW for quite a few years so I want this to be a really memorable trip. Looks like I'll be going back to WL.

Does anyone know the email address to contact the AKL CL? I tried the email on the first page and it didn't work. Or would it better to call?

I've had the same problem with the e-mail address for AKL CL, has anyone managed to contact them recently or does anyone have a different e-mail address?

Thanks

We have 3 nights booked for CL @ the Contemporary Resort.

Christmas Eve, Christmas and December 26th (our Anniversary) 2014

Does the Concierge offerings change during the holidays?

How will the Concierge staff help with dining reservations? Do they have a better chance at getting difficult reservations than if I tried to book them myself?

We have 3 nights booked for CL @ the Contemporary Resort.

Christmas Eve, Christmas and December 26th (our Anniversary) 2014

Does the Concierge offerings change during the holidays?

How will the Concierge staff help with dining reservations? Do they have a better chance at getting difficult reservations than if I tried to book them myself?

I can't answer about the food offerings, but IPO will help in making your ADRs if you want them to. They do not, however, have any pull in getting hard to get reservations. Since they have the same chance as you when it comes to obtaining dining reservations, my suggestion would be to give them your choices, but you also look yourself when the time comes to make ADRs. If you have some hard to get ones, it's always good to have someone else looking along with you :goodvibes.

Hi everyone! I apologize if I'm asking something that's been covered before -- I'm diligently reading this thread but I'm only on page 89 so far :eek:

I have a standard room + tickets booked at YC through WDW for 5/14-5/17/14; the next 3 nights I've booked through hotels.com, a CL Poly GV. I feel a little anxious about not having booked these nights through WDW directly, but CL through hotels.com was $549 (w/tax) per night, whereas a standard room at the Poly through WDW was $599/night.

Nervous about Poly construction but CR is completely sold out, and I'm not going to feel sorry for myself if I'm staying CL, no matter how bad the refurb is.

My question is: How will my CL experience change since I booked through hotels.com instead of directly through WDW, and specifically, will I be able to have contact with the IPO? I should receive my Disney confirmation # to link this to MDE within the next couple days. I've made all my ADRs, and most of them happen while I'm at YC. I would, however, like to communicate with IPO about room location and maybe a few other little things if possible.

Again, my apologies if this has been covered before. I've seen a few people on this thread casually mention they booked CL through a third-party, and they don't mention having had any problems, but I'm not sure how you have IPO contact if the third-party technically "owns" the reservation and Disney isn't supposed to take your questions, requests, etc. Thanks for any help, and thanks for this super-informative thread! I'm excited! :dance3:

Anyone know if Poly CL has changed to Joffery's coffee? In July it was still the Nescafe machine ... didn't love it... but made do with it. Just curious as we will be there in 8 days!!! :goodvibes

Anyone know if Poly CL has changed to Joffery's coffee? In July it was still the Nescafe machine ... didn't love it... but made do with it. Just curious as we will be there in 8 days!!! :goodvibes

I am at the Poly right now and we are club level. They still gave the Nescafé machines but the brewed coffee is SO MUCH BETTER! They are serving Joffrey's coffee.

I am at the Poly right now and we are club level. They still gave the Nescafé machines but the brewed coffee is SO MUCH BETTER! They are serving Joffrey's coffee.

Thank you!!! I'm so happy to have some good coffee while we are there this time! Although I still may swing by kona island for a little treat as we hop on the monorail! :)

Anyone have a recent BWI Innkeeper's Club nightly menu?

I can tell you what we had recently on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night stay.

I think the first night was meatballs and chicken skewers.

Next night was cubed pork in a pepper sauce and chicken durban maybe?

Last night was vegetable quesadillas and some type of chicken (I think).

Each night they also served 2 salads, like a bread salad (on 2 or 3 nights) and chickpea salad (2 nights), some kind of couscous salad, and a vegetable tray, along with cheese and crackers.

The food was provided by Kouzzina. I thought it was just ok. They replenished it as needed. Most people drank rather than ate, from what I saw.

For October 24th for 8nts....and I'm sooo excited. In 2012 we stayed at BC Club(Our first time booking club level) now we're both totally hooked. It's just me and my DH. BC loung was small, but I did like that they had boiled eggs during breakfast. Does anyone know if CR does? Or does anyone have CR menus? Seems like the Contemporary Club level is the least discussed here? I just love the giant toaster hotel!! lol.

For October 24th for 8nts....and I'm sooo excited. In 2012 we stayed at BC Club(Our first time booking club level) now we're both totally hooked. It's just me and my DH. BC loung was small, but I did like that they had boiled eggs during breakfast. Does anyone know if CR does? Or does anyone have CR menus? Seems like the Contemporary Club level is the least discussed here? I just love the giant toaster hotel!! lol.

Interested in hearing this as well, we've booked a 6ni stay in October atrium club too. (Our first time club level at this property)
We stayed bc club level this last October and the lounge was cram packed. Makes me sad, because we've done this for years and our experience wasn't that good this last time.

We just booked Beach Club for Club level for 5. They said they can't guarantee a day bed. How can they have 5 in a room with out having a daybed? Are the daybeds comfortable?

Are the club level rooms on the same floor as the lounge?

What is the club level like...Is it crowded? Does it have a view of the fireworks? And is there a balcony outside to watch the fireworks?

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Stayed this past October bc club and the lounge service was terrible. Over crowded, very limited offerings, slow to clean, staff seemed too busy to help.

The room was nice and did have a day bed. (We were party of 2adt/1chd). Our daughter loved the day bed (She's 8) and liked that over the bed. Haha.

Hope you have better luck. Stayed here the last 3 years CL and had no issues.....this time was just bad.

Stay Atrium club level in Dec 2013. They did not have hard boiled eggs. Not much in they way of protein available for breakfast. They did have yogurt and milk however. Other breakfast items included: croissants, danishes, melon, pineapple, several types of cereal, toast, bagels, oatmeal, coffee and juices. It was pretty much the same everyday for breakfast(we were there 10 days)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter