Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning!

I read on the BWI thread that the CL lounge is under refurb in May. We would like to change to CL but if I understand correctly BWI CL rooms won't be available in May due to the refurb. CL rooms are available during our stay, so I'm a bit confused about all this. I've scanned through this thread but didn't find info on BWI CL lounge being closed this May. Does anyone know if there is a start date for the refurb? Thanks everyone! Hope my question makes sense!

Good Morning! I read on the BWI thread that the CL lounge is under refurb in May. We would like to change to CL but if I understand correctly BWI CL rooms won't be available in May due to the refurb. CL rooms are available during our stay, so I'm a bit confused about all this. I've scanned through this thread but didn't find info on BWI CL lounge being closed this May. Does anyone know if there is a start date for the refurb? Thanks everyone! Hope my question makes sense!

I would like to know to. No CL rooms were available for May 17-23.

I would like to know to. No CL rooms were available for May 17-23.

I specifically checked the dates you mentioned, and nothing came up. But when I check our dates, May 5-9, all CL rooms, including honeymoon suites, are available. Very confusing. It doesn't seem right that all CL rooms would be closed because of the lounge refurb. Seems like they would relocate the lounge to another area during refurb. Why would Disney shut down the ability to still make money on CL rooms?

I heard its from May 12th until early/mid June, ever since online booking opened there's been no availability from the 12th :(

SplashMtnCrew said:
Good Morning!

I read on the BWI thread that the CL lounge is under refurb in May. We would like to change to CL but if I understand correctly BWI CL rooms won't be available in May due to the refurb. CL rooms are available during our stay, so I'm a bit confused about all this. I've scanned through this thread but didn't find info on BWI CL lounge being closed this May. Does anyone know if there is a start date for the refurb? Thanks everyone! Hope my question makes sense!

When they are working on the lounge, they normally move it to the Presidential Suite.

I specifically checked the dates you mentioned, and nothing came up. But when I check our dates, May 5-9, all CL rooms, including honeymoon suites, are available. Very confusing. It doesn't seem right that all CL rooms would be closed because of the lounge refurb. Seems like they would relocate the lounge to another area during refurb. Why would Disney shut down the ability to still make money on CL rooms?

I want to say that if i tried only 4 of us a room came up. I agree usually the lounge is relocated during refurbs.

Apparently it's the whole CL floor and the CMs will be working temporarily in other areas of the resort. This hadn't been confirmed by Disney though, only what I've heard from a usually reliable source ;)

Is RPC concierge good at securing hard to get dining reservations? does the concierge have early access to reservations? I'm wondering if they are able to book ressies prior to the actual 180 day mark?

Is RPC concierge good at securing hard to get dining reservations? does the concierge have early access to reservations? I'm wondering if they are able to book ressies prior to the actual 180 day mark?

All get the 180+10 but RPC has no advantage over any other club level. We typically make our own reservations but our trips are not planned that far in advance. As passholders we tend to make quite a few spur of the moment trips.

As it gets closer to your reservation I have found it is actually better to keep checking yourself if there was something unavailable when you originally booked.

I have never not been able to get what I wanted, it may not be available until the day before and not the exact time but something is usually always cancelled.

IPO doesn't have any more of a chance to get ADRs than you do and as far as I know, they cannot book prior to 180 days. With that said, you can always give them a list of ADRs you want and have them try to book at the 180 days, but also look yourself as having another person looking can only help. Good luck.

IPO doesn't have any more of a chance to get ADRs than you do and as far as I know, they cannot book prior to 180 days. With that said, you can always give them a list of ADRs you want and have them try to book at the 180 days, but also look yourself as having another person looking can only help. Good luck.

I believe all on site resorts book 180 plus 10 days ahead, unless it has recently changed.

We are staying in a BWI deluxe club level room from 4/26-5/5. I wouldn't consider spending that kind of $$$ to spend 10 days in the middle of a construction site.

Since earlier posts mention the refurb doesn't behin until 5/12 is it safe to think that the same level of service and offerings will be made available?

So my nerves got the best of me. I emailed the BWI CL desk this morning asking about the upcoming refurbishment and if it will effect our stay 4/26-5/5. I asked about the offerings in the lounge and a sample pool activity schedule too. Here is the response I received (rather quickly):

Thank You for your email. What I found out about the rehab is that it won't be starting until 5/12 thru 6/17. They have not let anyone book for those days so their is no inconvenience. So you are fine. The Lounge starts to serve their Continental Breakfast from 7:00am to 10:30am which is whole fruits, cut up fruit, cereals, milk, juices ,water and soft drinks, coffee and tea. it varies every day on different breads, muffins, crisonts, and their are also hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and yogurt. They close for an hour for clean up and reset up for lunch snacks which varies from day to day sometimes yogurt covered pretzels, chips & dips, swedish fish & trail mix. They close at 4:00pm and reopen at 5:00pm for veggie trays, dips and hummis, breads and cheese & fruit trays, also something that may be from either Kouzzina'a or the Flying Fish. They also put out the beer & wine. They closes this at 7:00pm and reopen at 8:00pm until 10:00pm with the delights and something if you want to have a night cap. Of course this is all subject to change. It may be something different by the end of April; But it gives you an Idea of what to expect. I have attached the activity schedule for Jan. Please let us know how we may assist you further. Thank You
Terri
Concierge Itinerary Planner
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort
Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Phone (407) 934-1448
Fax Number (407) 938-6508
Email: Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.com

Kudos to Terri for responding so quickly but I would definitely run a spell check before replying to emails!:rolleyes1::banana:

So my nerves got the best of me. I emailed the BWI CL desk this morning asking about the upcoming refurbishment and if it will effect our stay 4/26-5/5. I asked about the offerings in the lounge and a sample pool activity schedule too. Here is the response I received (rather quickly):

Thank You for your email. What I found out about the rehab is that it won't be starting until 5/12 thru 6/17. They have not let anyone book for those days so their is no inconvenience. So you are fine. The Lounge starts to serve their Continental Breakfast from 7:00am to 10:30am which is whole fruits, cut up fruit, cereals, milk, juices ,water and soft drinks, coffee and tea. it varies every day on different breads, muffins, crisonts, and their are also hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and yogurt. They close for an hour for clean up and reset up for lunch snacks which varies from day to day sometimes yogurt covered pretzels, chips & dips, swedish fish & trail mix. They close at 4:00pm and reopen at 5:00pm for veggie trays, dips and hummis, breads and cheese & fruit trays, also something that may be from either Kouzzina'a or the Flying Fish. They also put out the beer & wine. They closes this at 7:00pm and reopen at 8:00pm until 10:00pm with the delights and something if you want to have a night cap. Of course this is all subject to change. It may be something different by the end of April; But it gives you an Idea of what to expect. I have attached the activity schedule for Jan. Please let us know how we may assist you further. Thank You
Terri
Concierge Itinerary Planner
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort
Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Phone (407) 934-1448
Fax Number (407) 938-6508
Email: Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.com

Kudos to Terri for responding so quickly but I would definitely run a spell check before replying to emails!:rolleyes1::banana:

I'm glad you emailed and got your answer. Terri is very nice, she's helped us a couple of times. Hope you have a lovely vacation! :goodvibes

That is correct and the experience I had with my upcoming trip. I was not able to get the BOG adr I wanted by no fault of the IPO staff. People going before me simply had booked it all up.

Later, more tables ended up opening up and I got what I wanted just fine.

The IPO is just there to assist you in making your adrs, but they cannot guarantee you'll get everything that you want. It's a great service (I love not having to get up at 4am PST to book my adrs) but it's not a skip ahead in the line service, alas.

I'm trying to decide what to do when we visit in early Dec. '14. We will have 3 kids, almost 2, 3.5 and 6.5 and they aren't the best restaurant kids (eat like birds mostly).
I'm debating:
WL CL (either deluxe or standard room)
BLT 1 bedroom Lakeview
BLT studio Lakeview with DDP
Poly CL
CR with DDP

We already have splits planned for FW, BLT, AKV Kidani, in that order, this would be for the last part of the trip. What do you think would be the easiest for young kids? We will be spending a decent amount of time at the resort by that point, I'm assuming. I figured you all would know the best about the CL part of it :)

I would go with the Poly CL. Being on the monorail is so wonderful with little ones. And another perk of the poly is that the TTC is within walking distance. Easy access to Epcot isn't to be overlooked.

I would go with the Poly CL. Being on the monorail is so wonderful with little ones. And another perk of the poly is that the TTC is within walking distance. Easy access to Epcot isn't to be overlooked.

I agree :thumbsup2. We love the Poly and think it's very convenient to not only MK, but also Epcot as this poster mentioned. Plus it's just an overall beautiful resort, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter