• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be staying at Poly CL in April. Other than dinner/show reservations, what else can IPO do for me?

I made my own ADRs because I needed to feel like I was doing something. IPO was able to add my brother 2 months prior to our trip when he decided he wanted to go. They were even able to do it with the free dining others on the reservation had even though it was no longer available. I also went through them to book our MNSSHP tickets. Much quicker than calling the regular number.

Enjoy Poly CL. We can't wait to go back in 2 years. :)

We are doing a split stay in January. A week at AKL kidani village bookended by club level stays at AKL and WL. My question is, can I use IPO to make a reservation for the non-club level portion of my trip? I am wanting to do the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party and it's driving me crazy having to constantly check for when it becomes available. It would be so nice to have someone else take care of that for me! Just not sure about using IPO since we won't be in club level during that time. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

I have a question about access to the CL lounge.

We are booked BC CL from the march 10-15. We move to POR on the 15th. Will we have access to the lounge the whole day on the 15th?

I feel like I've read the answer somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

TIA!

I have a question about access to the CL lounge.

We are booked BC CL from the march 10-15. We move to POR on the 15th. Will we have access to the lounge the whole day on the 15th?

I feel like I've read the answer somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

TIA!

Yes! One of the things we love about CL is the ability to use the lounge for the entire day on both arrival day and departure day.

Yes! One of the things we love about CL is the ability to use the lounge for the entire day on both arrival day and departure day.

Thanks! I just looked and saw that Epcot has EMH that night! So thinking we'll hit the lounge for dessert and then head over to epcot to live it up! But I'll definitely take advantage of it...considering how much we're paying to stay there! :goodvibes

I've read before something like...There's someone in the lobby looking for club guest arrivals, they know when you're coming? Should we look for someone in the lobby, or just take the elevator to the 5th floor for checking in?
We are flying into Orlando tonight and taking the DME early in the morning over to the BC.

how are you arriving? When I go I drive and I tell the guard my name and magically the CM greets me by name when I get out of my car. They radio the information ahead.

If you are on ME then I don't know.

I've read before something like...There's someone in the lobby looking for club guest arrivals, they know when you're coming? Should we look for someone in the lobby, or just take the elevator to the 5th floor for checking in?
We are flying into Orlando tonight and taking the DME early in the morning over to the BC.

If you take a taxi and the taxi driver gives the guard your name, the greeter should be waiting for the car when you get there. In any case, you should see a greeter with a clipboard or something of the sort who will ask for your name. You can say "_______ for a club stay," or something like that. We didn't say anything until the greeter brought us over to the regular check in line and then we just said we were staying club level, and she apologized and brought us upstairs. Enjoy!!!

Arrival has always worked wonderfully when arriving my Magical Express. But when arriving by taxi from another resort or DCL bus, not so much! I always provide our arrival time and method to IPO, but that doesn't seem to help things along. At CR and BC, we've had to track someone down and explain ourselves. CMs are sometimes a little confused, but all is well after a few minutes.

We're arriving at BWI on foot in January (transfer from Poly to BWI CL after a lunch ADR in Epcot.) So we'll just find a CM in the lobby and let them know.

Question regarding the CR Atrium club level. How is the noise from Chef Mickey when you are on the 12th floor? Before we upgraded to CL we had requested a room away from CM as my DS is in the Autism spectrum and has sensory issues. Do I still need to make sure we are far from CM or should this not be an issue now?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Question regarding the CR Atrium club level. How is the noise from Chef Mickey when you are on the 12th floor? Before we upgraded to CL we had requested a room away from CM as my DS is in the Autism spectrum and has sensory issues. Do I still need to make sure we are far from CM or should this not be an issue now?

Even on the 12th floor you can hear the Celebration song. If you had requested "far from CM" before booking CL, I would stick with that request. We always request to be far from CM and I didn't request that for our Atrium Club stay and we could definitely hear the song in the evenings, but it ends shortly before the EWP which is also loud.

WDWKOOK said:
Even on the 12th floor you can hear the Celebration song. If you had requested "far from CM" before booking CL, I would stick with that request.

Thanks KOOK!!!! You always have my answer! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!! :)

Melissa

Just thought of another question.....again staying CR atrium but I guess good for any CL really. Can we bring outside food into the lounge? I am thinking we are going to grab dinner from the Contempo Cafe our first night and were probably just going to bring it back to our room knowing how loud it will be with Chef Mickey going on, but know I am thinking we could possibly bring our dinner up to the lounge and actually have tables and chairs to sit at. Will the CL staff frown at this?

I think you can bring in other food to lounge. Last month when we stayed AKL CL, there were grandparents watching their grandkids in the lounge one night. They had ordered pizza & were using the plates, napkins, drinks, etc in the lounge & the kids were eating while watching tv.

Well, I posted this on the Poly thread, but no one answered...

As I sit by my fireplace, happy to have the chill in the air today replaced by its warmth, and dreaming of our trip in about 7 1/2 months, I'm wondering how unbearable the heat & humidity will be mid July? We are planning only 1/2 day in MK; the rest of the time will be spent at the Pool (planning on getting a cabana), in the CL lounge and at restaurants.

We've never gone to WDW in July, but it's been pretty brutally hot in June. The question is, will it be worse in July?

Thanks.

Napria said:

As I sit by my fireplace, happy to have the chill in the air today replaced by its warmth, and dreaming of our trip in about 7 1/2 months, I'm wondering how unbearable the heat & humidity will be mid July? We are planning only 1/2 day in MK; the rest of the time will be spent at the Pool (planning on getting a cabana), in the CL lounge and at restaurants.

We've never gone to WDW in July, but it's been pretty brutally hot in June. The question is, will it be worse in July?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, yes! July and August are brutal, usually September too. We don't start losing some of the humidity until October. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ;)

Unfortunately, yes! July and August are brutal, usually September too. We don't start losing some of the humidity until October. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ;)

I will temper that with....we went in July this year (15th-25th), and it wasn't nearly as bad as we expected. One evening we were even a bit cool sitting at a parade. :confused3

Perhaps it was an anomaly. But I think because we expected the equivalent of walking on the suns surface, it turned out to be not so bad. :goodvibes

Has anyone had the opportunity to stay on all 10 club levels? I was counting in my head this morning and I've only experienced 7 so far ... I'm missing Sugarloaf, Atrium, and Tower club. As I mentally pre-plan for spring break I'm thinking I'd like to put another notch on the bedpost :lmao: so to speak, and I'd love some advice about which one to choose.

THANKS!! :hug:

I've stayed at 9. I'm missing Beach Club. Out of all of them, I would rank them as follows:

Best Food: RPC and Sugar Loaf at GF (it's the same) with Poly and WL a close 2nd.

Best View: Tie between Poly and Atrium and Tower Clubs at Contemporary

Most Intimate: Tower Club at Contemporary

Most Exotic Food: Animal Kingdom

Best CM's: Tie between Yacht Club and Contemporary Atrium Club (best CM's I've ever encountered on Disney property were at these two clubs)

Best TV Area in a Club: Boardwalk Inn Keeper's Club

So see, I can find something I like about all of them!! I haven't tried Beach Club yet, but going by the other 9, I'm sure I'll find something I like about it!

Thanks.

I put in my $.02 on the Polynesian thread--it's been fairly quiet with the holidays and I'm sure you will receive other replies when folks catch up. ;)

Napria said:

Thanks.

While I have not been to actual Disney World in July, I have stayed about 40 minutes north of there in July and it was HOT!

I prefer Arizona in July to Florida.

It was so hot that we didn't spend much time outdoors and even our time in the pool was limited because the water was so warm and the sun was scorching.

Also...from what I remember....2 summer ago....it rained each afternoon for a couple of hours.

We were there visiting family for 10 days and decided we would visit them in the late fall/winter months from now on.

If it was me, I would plan lots of indoor activities and book a cabana for the first half of the day rather than the 2nd half of the day and hit MK as early as possible to avoid as much of the heat as possible, beat the rain and dodge the irritable people in the park.

Hope this helps!
:)

We are leaving for The Poly, Club level 2 weeks from tomorrow.... Can't wait! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter