concerge vs room view

DrDoodle

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide between Poly concierge garden view and non concierge theme park view. both are similar in price. What would you do? traveling with DD2, DD4, DH, myself. Oct 2012

We personally like CL over the view. The CL has offering at breakfast and in the evenings that are enough for the young kids to make meals at. It is also nice to just be able to run down for drinks be it more milk for the kids or beer and wine for the adults.

The poly lounge has an amazing view of the castle and the music is piped right in. Plus the other bonus is location. At the poly you have a specific longhouse that you are guaranteed if you are at club level. It's central to the beach, the pool, and close to the grand ceremonial hall. The staff members are awesome too!

The CL is so nice! You can watch the fireworks right from the lounge. We felt that garden view was perfectly fine, and the breakfasts and snacks were a nice treat!

Thanks for the replies. We are currently staying club level garden view, but we have never stayed at the poly before so I am unsure of my decision. We have only stayed at beach club. I think constant snack and drink availability as well as a place for one adult to excape during naps would be very much welcome. of course the little girls will be in love with cinderella castle so a great view would be nice too. I can't bring myself to pay for a view with club level though. any more opinions would be great!

I'm a girl who loves her view and doesn't hesitate to pay extra for it.

We have stayed conceirge at the Poly and it was so so awesome. The lounge overlooks the castle and the music is piped in during the fireworks.

When my DS was little (DD wasn't born yet) it was nice to come back to the Poly, change DS into his pj's, go to the lounge and get him a little snack while DH and I had a "nightcap" and watched the fireworks.

If those were my 2 choices I would definetly do Poly conceirge over the view.

Who knows maybe I'll get a great discount and find a way to justify theme park view and club level. I just wont look at the price$$$

I've made this choice a few times and never once regretted my decision. CL over view any day. I'm the kind of person who won't pay for a view but I'll pay for a location any time I have the opportunity. A big part of what I'm paying for with CL in my mind is the location of the Hawaii building. We don't typically sit outside looking at our view but at Poly we do spend time in the lounge in the evening, watching Wishes and EWP with a drink.

I have never stayed at the Poly or concierge level. BUT, one thing I would think about is the ages of your kids and if they are going to be going to bed early every night. I usually only stay out late once or twice during the vacation - putting the kids to bed by 9. IF they were having fireworks at MK every night, I would personally choose the theme park view, so my DH and I could watch the fireworks together while the kids are sleeping in the room.

I have never stayed at the Poly or concierge level. BUT, one thing I would think about is the ages of your kids and if they are going to be going to bed early every night. I usually only stay out late once or twice during the vacation - putting the kids to bed by 9. IF they were having fireworks at MK every night, I would personally choose the theme park view, so my DH and I could watch the fireworks together while the kids are sleeping in the room.

Another way to look at this though is that if the kids are asleep before the fireworks, if you have a baby monitor then you and DH can head up to the lounge to watch the fireworks while the kids are asleep. It would give you more room and the ability to talk without worrying about waking them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter