Computer-Parent- Monitoring Software

poohguys

DIS Veteran
Hi. We are considering buying a computer (parental) software for DS's computer just so we can keep an eye on what he is doing. I am wondering if anyone has purchased and used any kind and can make a recommendation. Some of the ones we were considering are WEB Watcher and Specktra Soft. We would like something that we can check remotely and that is undetectable to a very computer savvy kid. Any recommendations and experiences you have had using the above or any other brand would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Call me a bad parent, but I never saw the need to monitor my kids computer activity. How old is your child? Have they given you a reason to be suspicious?

PC Magazine says of WEB Watcher "BOTTOM LINE
If you just want to keep the kids away from smut and prevent cyberbullying, WebWatcher isn't for you. But if you need to track every PC and Internet action by an at-risk kid, it will do that job very well. Once it's installed, all configuration and reporting is strictly remote. Need stealth? This is the tool for you."

poohguys said:
Hi. We are considering buying a computer (parental) software for DS's computer just so we can keep an eye on what he is doing. I am wondering if anyone has purchased and used any kind and can make a recommendation. Some of the ones we were considering are WEB Watcher and Specktra Soft. We would like something that we can check remotely and that is undetectable to a very computer savvy kid. Any recommendations and experiences you have had using the above or any other brand would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Our main family computer had a parental feature already installed when we bought it in 2008 or so.

I'd look at the reports each month, but never found that my 4 kids did anything unseemly.

The main computer is in a public space in our home and we really have had no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter