*COMPLETE* "You know he won't remember!" - 9 wk old baby's 1st visit to the World!

So when we left off (which was a while ago, sorry!) DH and I had taken Luke back to the room for a rest while my parents had stayed at MK and enjoyed a few more rides. Photographic evidence suggests they also stopped for photos in front on the castle and saw the Dapper Dans.

Then they headed back down Main Street.

They were on their way out of MK and to our evening park - Epcot! We had another dining reservation with M and her family for dinner this night. After they got there, my parents still had a little time to kill before we got there, so they stopped and tried a beer sampler.

I'm not sure what they thought of each of these, but they drank them, so they couldn't have been too bad. :rotfl2:

After a quick rest in the room, we got Luke ready and headed back to Epcot ourselves. We had some time before our reservation, so we headed over to Gran Fiesta Tour. It was nothing special, but we didn't want to head back into Future World so close to dinner, and this particular ride never has any line. We got finished and M called. They were headed our way and wanted to know if we wanted to ride Gran Fiesta Tour. :rotfl: I don't think my group was super excited about riding this again, but we rode with them anyway. Then we all headed over to ride Maelstrom together. This was more popular with the group. By that time, it was getting close to our reservation, so we walked over to...
Via Napoli! I had read really great reviews on this place and was very excited to try it. Despite my recommendations, I was the only one in my group who ordered pizza! I got the Quattro Formaggi Signature Pie - mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, provolone.

DH ordered Linguini alla Scoglio - shrimp, clams, mussels, and squid tossed in marinara piccante. My mom had the Paccheri alla Creme con Pollo - cream, chicken and peas.

And my dad just had the Family Style House Salad - leaf lettuces, roasted red peppers, marinated mushrooms, olives, peperonicini, red wine vinaigrette (no photo).

For dessert, my mom went with Tiramisu - Mascarpone cream, espresso coffee, lady fingers, and chocolate. I had Zeppole di Caterina - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. And DH got Coppa dii Brutti Ma Buon! - Amarena cherry and vanilla gelato sundae. They let me dad order an appetizer instead. I believe he had the Salami e Provolone - dry cured sausage and imported provolone cheese. Everybody really enjoyed their "desserts", although DH wished he had ordered my dessert instead. My mom wound up sharing a lot of her dessert with M's youngest son. He loved this!

Overall, my family was really underwhelmed with Via Napoli. My mom, dad, and DH all rated it their least favorite meal of the trip. I, on the other hand, loved it! Maybe it was because I made the wisest order? I tried to tell them! When in Naples, order pizza!

After dinner, my parents were ready to go back to the room. They had had a long, hot day in the parks. DH and I had had a break, so we could have stayed longer, but we really didn't want to brave the bus system with a big stroller and a little baby. So we made it an early night and headed back to the room.

On our next trip (in less than 5 months! :woohoo:), I am hoping to figure out a better solution. The possible options are: 1) We will split up and someone will take the bus. Luke will be older so hopefully it won't be as intimidating. And maybe we will get a room closer to the bus stop. 2) We will stay together and try the rest break idea again, but for longer breaks. Maybe try to hit EMH and then plan for a long (4 hours or so?) break and go back for evening in the parks. 3) We will stay together and skip breaks. We will be going in early November vs late September, so I am hoping it won't be so hot in the middle of the day and we can just power through until dinner and then head back. I think right now we are planning on a combination of #2 and #3, with the possibility of switching to #1 if the other options don't work.

Mmmmm, your pizza!!! That one is SO good. I think you're right - your family didn't order well. We've only had pizza there, but I've heard the other entrees just aren't that great. We loved that cheese pizza, though.

Yeah, for your next trip, it's good to keep your break/nap options open. We intended to go back to our room most days for naps and found that Izzy actually did better in her stroller for naps vs. the room where she just wanted to play. We adapted and ended up either staying out or letting her keep sleeping in her stroller in the room. And I would think you'd have fairly mild temps in November, if you stay in the parks.

I'm enjoying your report. We are eating at Via Napoli for the first time on our trip in a few weeks and are really looking forward to it. We will definitely be getting pizza though and either DW or me will be getting that awesome looking Quattro Formaggio (I am just guessing on that spelling!). Can't wait to hear about more of your trip.

sorry your family didn't enjoy their meals better ... your pizza looked great though! I have heard nothing but good things about the pizza there (mixed reviews on other aspects)

I've been reading this report along with everyone else, and loving the opportunity to relive our last trip to The World! Just wanted to weigh in with a couple quick comments: About Via Napoli: I LOVED my Paccheri alla Creme con Pollo! It was excellent. But all the meals we had at WDW were excellent, so one of our table service meals had to come in last, and Via Napoli was it. I still would recommend it highly, esp. to guests who love 'real' Italian! Also, re: the Beer Sampler. It was from the Craft Beers Kiosk, and was the Beer Flight #1: Dogfish Head Brewery Namaste, Abita Brewing Company Fall Fest, Leinenkugel’s® Seasonal Shandy, Florida Beer Company Devil’s Triangle. All were great - esp. on a hot day at Epcot - except for the Leinie's Seasonal Shandy. It might have been because I was expecting a SUMMER Shandy and got a SEASONAL. I've had the Leinie's Summer Shandy many times and love it, and wasn't even aware of the existence of the Seasonal Shandy. It is orange-flavored - and just weird in my opinion.

Hi Katie! I'm getting caught up here and missed wishing you a very happy first Mother's Day!

And since I had some catching up to do... going back several updates....

Bummer about the non-portable nachos at Cantina de San Angel. The nachos from last time look good. We've only been there once and I never thought about those that want to take their food to-go. They should have had that covered.

I love 50's! Yeah, tattle-talers beware. I don't like to leave any free dessert on the table either. Brilliant idea to have the apple cobbler for breakfast the next day!

There's no one on the ToT Ride! That is pretty cool! I've never seen a ride photo that empty before.

Wow! Luke was mesmerized by Fantasmic!

Congrats on booking a November trip! :banana:

Oh my, a guy actually told you to quiet your baby… I was thinking before I even read your plan that it would be the perfect dark quiet place to nurse him. Sorry you felt like you had to leave. I know your mommy intuition said Luke would go right out if he nursed.

CHH peach cobbler sounds delish!

And finally, happy house hunting… :thumbsup2

Mmmmm, your pizza!!! That one is SO good. I think you're right - your family didn't order well. We've only had pizza there, but I've heard the other entrees just aren't that great. We loved that cheese pizza, though.

Yeah, for your next trip, it's good to keep your break/nap options open. We intended to go back to our room most days for naps and found that Izzy actually did better in her stroller for naps vs. the room where she just wanted to play. We adapted and ended up either staying out or letting her keep sleeping in her stroller in the room. And I would think you'd have fairly mild temps in November, if you stay in the parks.

The pizza was awesome! I would definitely go back. It isn't one of the best values on the DDP though, so next time I might just pay OOP for a large pizza for everyone to share!

I think Luke might be the same way as Izzy. He falls asleep no problem in his car seat or stroller, but does not transfer well! So unless we timed it so we got back to the room before he fell asleep it would just be a waste!

And Happy Belated Mother's Day!

sorry your family didn't enjoy their meals better ... your pizza looked great though! I have heard nothing but good things about the pizza there (mixed reviews on other aspects)

It was some of the best pizza I've had. Not better than in Italy, mind you. But very, very good. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who loves pizza.

I've been reading this report along with everyone else, and loving the opportunity to relive our last trip to The World! Just wanted to weigh in with a couple quick comments: About Via Napoli: I LOVED my Paccheri alla Creme con Pollo! It was excellent. But all the meals we had at WDW were excellent, so one of our table service meals had to come in last, and Via Napoli was it. I still would recommend it highly, esp. to guests who love 'real' Italian! Also, re: the Beer Sampler. It was from the Craft Beers Kiosk, and was the Beer Flight #1: Dogfish Head Brewery Namaste, Abita Brewing Company Fall Fest, Leinenkugel’s® Seasonal Shandy, Florida Beer Company Devil’s Triangle. All were great - esp. on a hot day at Epcot - except for the Leinie's Seasonal Shandy. It might have been because I was expecting a SUMMER Shandy and got a SEASONAL. I've had the Leinie's Summer Shandy many times and love it, and wasn't even aware of the existence of the Seasonal Shandy. It is orange-flavored - and just weird in my opinion.

Glad to have you here! I know you've actually been reading along the whole time, but nice to have you step out of lurking and throw in your POV!

Hi Katie! I'm getting caught up here and missed wishing you a very happy first Mother's Day!

Thanks! Happy Belated Mother's Day to you as well!

And since I had some catching up to do... going back several updates....

Bummer about the non-portable nachos at Cantina de San Angel. The nachos from last time look good. We've only been there once and I never thought about those that want to take their food to-go. They should have had that covered.

Maybe I was just expecting too much? Every year we go down to the beach for Shrimp Fest, and they sell these loaded nachos that come in a little pail. It has become tradition that I order them on our last day as we are leaving. They are perfect for snacking on on the drive home. So I guess that's what I had in mind and I was disappointed.

I love 50's! Yeah, tattle-talers beware. I don't like to leave any free dessert on the table either. Brilliant idea to have the apple cobbler for breakfast the next day!

This worked out as a good plan for several desserts. I usually don't eat things that sweet for breakfast, but on vacation all rules go out the window!

There's no one on the ToT Ride! That is pretty cool! I've never seen a ride photo that empty before.

We've had a couple like that when we hit it it in the evening. It is even cooler at night too, so that's a win-win!

Wow! Luke was mesmerized by Fantasmic!

He really was! It was definitely a favorite memory from that trip.

Congrats on booking a November trip! :banana:

So excited!!! Less than 5 months!

Oh my, a guy actually told you to quiet your baby… I was thinking before I even read your plan that it would be the perfect dark quiet place to nurse him. Sorry you felt like you had to leave. I know your mommy intuition said Luke would go right out if he nursed.

CHH peach cobbler sounds delish!

And finally, happy house hunting… :thumbsup2

Excited to say we have actually decided to build. We have secured a lot and the next step is trying to come up with a floor plan!

Hope everything is going well for Emmy (and you) with the wedding planning! I'm sure if my mom chimes in she will tell you that I monopolized most of her time for months helping me with everything! She was awesome!

Love the updates, Luke is SO CUTE!! I keep showing pics to my hubby and saying "Our little guy will be this size when we go on our trip!!" So exciting, and seeing how you managed it all makes me so much more confident. We got into BLT on our waitlist so I'm happy to be staying on the monorail for sure.

Love the updates, Luke is SO CUTE!! I keep showing pics to my hubby and saying "Our little guy will be this size when we go on our trip!!" So exciting, and seeing how you managed it all makes me so much more confident. We got into BLT on our waitlist so I'm happy to be staying on the monorail for sure.

Thank you! We think he's pretty cute! :blush: I'm so glad you got into BLT! I think that definitely would make things easier, especially for a midday rest!

We also tried Via Napoli for the first time on our trip a few weeks ago.

We absolutely loved loved LOVED that pizza. We all got something different and shared--2 people got pasta, 2 with pizza and we all agreed that if we go there again we'd only get the pizza lol..

We also tried Via Napoli for the first time on our trip a few weeks ago.

We absolutely loved loved LOVED that pizza. We all got something different and shared--2 people got pasta, 2 with pizza and we all agreed that if we go there again we'd only get the pizza lol..

I agree! If we go back, we will probably just pay OOP and share a large pizza. That's what M and her family did. We should have followed their cues (they are the Disney experts after all)! ;)

It's been so long since I last posted that I can't even begin to make excuses. I could tell you that we've been planning my son's first birthday and that things have been busy at work and that we bought a lot and are looking at house plans (all true). Instead I will just say I'm sorry and I will do better!

So we are on to Day 7. This morning my parents snuck off to Riverside Mill to get breakfast, while the rest of us slept in. Since my dad came a couple days late, they had a few extra credits to burn. So they went over to Riverside Mill, stopping to take a couple photos of our beautiful resort on the way.

They both ordered the omelets, which they said were excellent!

I would definitely be willing to go and have one of these for breakfast, but I would probably pay OOP as I do think that breakfast is a poor value on the dining plan. Breakfast is usually cheaper anyway and you don't get dessert. Of course, this attitude is what led to me stuffing myself at other times when I wasn't really hungry, so maybe I should have used some credits for breakfast! :rotfl:

After their delicious breakfast, my parents headed back to meet us. Luke was up by now and we were getting ready. We had done some laundry, so today's outfit is a repeat from earlier in the trip.

We were definitely getting a late start this morning - I think we got to DHS about 11! On our upcoming trip, we are going to try to make rope drop and maybe even morning EMH on most mornings. I think now we have a much better handle on what we need to do and how long it will take to get ready than we did when Luke was 9 weeks old. On this trip, we basically just waited for him to wake up and THEN we started getting ready, packing up, etc. On our upcoming trip, I think we will try to get a lot of things ready the evening before so we can plan to leave closer to his wake up time! But back to the trip at hand...

So we got to DHS and headed to ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. We took turns riding this.

Let me just say it again - I LOVE this ride! If only it could be longer...oh well! Next we headed over to one of my other favorites!

And we still couldn't get my mom on this one! My DH did not really like this ride when he first rode it, but it has really grown on him and now it is his favorite ride! I am trying to convince my mom that she may also like it more if she rode it again. She loves all other roller coasters. This one has such great theming that I really want her to like it. So tell me...did anyone else start out not liking this ride and now they like it? Maybe knowing what to expect would make the second time more enjoyable?

After our rides, we had worked up quite an appetite, so we headed over to Starring Rolls. We didn't take any pictures because we had the exact same meals as last time. My dad didn't have anything here, as he had a craving for something at Epcot!

Up next: we hop over to Epcot for more F&W fun!

Wow, no way - Luke is nearing one year old?! :eek: Congrats on the lot and house plans! :goodvibes

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I've never been crazy about the actual type of ride that ToT is (I prefer coasters to up/down drop things), but it's short and the theming is all amazing, so I still enjoy doing it. And it's a pretty awesome view! Hope you can get your mom to ride!

Hi! I had started reading your report months ago and then went AWOL after my own trip. I'm going to go back and get all caught up!

I said it before, but Luke is so adorable.

Happy early birthday to Luke ... he's so cute in that picture where he is being held up

That is one thing I didn't like about doing the meal plan - at times you feel like you are picking the food options that provide the best bang for your buck (i.e., the most expensive items on the menu) vs. what you really want

Wow, no way - Luke is nearing one year old?! :eek: Congrats on the lot and house plans! :goodvibes

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I've never been crazy about the actual type of ride that ToT is (I prefer coasters to up/down drop things), but it's short and the theming is all amazing, so I still enjoy doing it. And it's a pretty awesome view! Hope you can get your mom to ride!

I can't believe he is a year old either!!! :scared1: Plus, that means in just 9 short weeks it will have been a year since the trip I am writing about took place! I have got to finish this. My new goal is to be done before the one year mark! :lmao:

Hi! I had started reading your report months ago and then went AWOL after my own trip. I'm going to go back and get all caught up!

I said it before, but Luke is so adorable.

Thank you! If you think the pics I have posted on here are cute, take a look at this one:

Totally adorable (even if I am biased)!!! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter