Compilation of historic DCL *GT sailings and other discounts

Was anyone able to get a currently booked cruise price lowered due to the VGT? My agent is trying but the website says new bookings only...

ktnryansmom said:
Was anyone able to get a currently booked cruise price lowered due to the VGT? My agent is trying but the website says new bookings only...

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? The trade-off for the extremely reduced *GT rate is the equally extreme restrictions.

Yes, I get that. However, sometimes miracles happen and you get a nice person on the phone who will help save you some money---especially if it's a category you already have and are paying quite a bit more...

ktnryansmom said:
Yes, I get that. However, sometimes miracles happen and you get a nice person on the phone who will help save you some money---especially if it's a category you already have and are paying quite a bit more...

I have yet to hear of a single example of such a thing when it comes to *GT rates. Kids Sail Free, Military, Florida resident, yes. But not *GT. Given the extreme discount, something has to give on the customer end as well. The boards are full of people who lost deposits to rebook and still ended up paying less in the long run. Half of the WBPC upgraded to VGT from regular insides already PIF and came out ahead despite the lost deposit.

VGT available for 4/6/2013

IGT and VGT available for 4/27/2013

Both Fantasy - Itinerary B

I was coming to post the same :)

I also saw the 4/7 Dream sailing for VGT rates.

I'm holding out hope for summer Fantasy GT rates and if I could save over a $1000 off our 4/14 Fantasy Spring Break I might have to switch over.

Heather

I was coming to post the same :)

I also saw the 4/7 Dream sailing for VGT rates.

I'm holding out hope for summer Fantasy GT rates and if I could save over a $1000 off our 4/14 Fantasy Spring Break I might have to switch over.

Heather

Thanks, I added them.:thumbsup2
I'm sort of hoping for May 9 dream.

I made a spreadsheet to track the *GT Sailings and the price differences in booking a *GT rate. I am tracking sailings out of PC based on 2 adults and 2 children.

I started with the current *GT sailings.

A couple months ago, I booked VGT (they also had IGT & OGT) for Feb 23 on the Fantasy. It came and went a few times. Noticed the date wasn't on the master list...

I booked an OGT for the Magic's 5/18 EBTA cruise. There are also IGT and VGT rooms available, so that can be added.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter