• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Compilation of historic DCL *GT sailings and other discounts

IGT, OGT, VGT now available for all November sailings!!! Just sent email to my TA to get our VGT for the Nov 30th Fantasy sailing....feels great to save $800 from what the rate was yesterday :cool1:
St Marteen St Thomas Castaway Cay here we come!!

IGT, OGT, VGT now available for all November sailings!!! Just sent email to my TA to get our VGT for the Nov 30th Fantasy sailing....feels great to save $800 from what the rate was yesterday :cool1:

I was just coming to post this since I knew there were a few of you stalking the 11/30 Fantasy sailing :) Great job - wish I could take advantage of those rates but I just can't pull DS out of school that long now. We have had the Fantasy Spring Break 2014 booked since opening day but it's hard to see the prices so much lower - gotta live it for now :)

Have fun!
Heather

Congratulations! :banana:
I'm keeping my eye on the early Dec. dates. ;)

Still watching for early January...
Any rhyme or reason as to when *GT rates are posted? mornings/mid-day/overnight? day of the week? etc?

Still watching for early January... Any rhyme or reason as to when *GT rates are posted? mornings/mid-day/overnight? day of the week? etc?

They usually will get posted after the PIF date has passed, which for early January will not be until October.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

Any rhyme or reason as to when *GT rates are posted? mornings/mid-day/overnight? day of the week? etc?

Right there with you GiGi! I'll take any ship any port mid Jan- March, So long as the $$ is right!

Welcome! See ya in 10 weeks.

fredgirls said:
Congratulations! :banana:
I'm keeping my eye on the early Dec. dates. ;)

Thanks! Good luck with your early dec dates...I say chances are very good for GT rates 1st 2 weeks- we have done both the Dream and Fantasy 1st 2 weeks of Dec and booked VGT both times!

gigi1313 said:

I logged in daily (sometime several times a day ;) watching after the 75 day mark. Rate posted on 70 days away for the one we got! Good luck!

I logged in daily (sometime several times a day ;) watching after the 75 day mark. Rate posted on 70 days away for the one we got! Good luck!

This might be something worth tracking too. I can't remember which cruise it was but I do recall seeing *GT rates prior to PIF date. They weren't spectacular rates compared to my OBB rate and we didn't want to give up our good cabin or early dining for small savings.

This might be something worth tracking too. I can't remember which cruise it was but I do recall seeing *GT rates prior to PIF date. They weren't spectacular rates compared to my OBB rate and we didn't want to give up our good cabin or early dining for small savings.

Are you sure it was before the PIF date? Not all cruises have a PIF of 75 days. The WBPC was 120 days PIF and *GT rates were released right after that passed.

Are you sure it was before the PIF date? Not all cruises have a PIF of 75 days. The WBPC was 120 days PIF and *GT rates were released right after that passed.

Yes, I recall being excited that if I wanted to I could cancel & rebook w/o penalty but I was afraid we'd get a crappy location. It wasn't a huge savings over early booking with OBB. We did 4 cruises last year & honestly can't recall which one it was for. Maybe Alaska? We had a secret verandah & I know I wouldn't be willing to give that up.

Yes, I recall being excited that if I wanted to I could cancel & rebook w/o penalty but I was afraid we'd get a crappy location. It wasn't a huge savings over early booking with OBB. We did 4 cruises last year & honestly can't recall which one it was for. Maybe Alaska? We had a secret verandah & I know I wouldn't be willing to give that up.

So then it should be easy to find in your cruising history. Also, if it was before PIF, why did you consider cancelling at all? The usual response in that situation is to move the OBB out to a future dummy date and book the *GT.

So then it should be easy to find in your cruising history. Also, if it was before PIF, why did you consider cancelling at all? The usual response in that situation is to move the OBB out to a future dummy date and book the *GT.

Other possible rates offered wouldn't be in my cruising history. We got a decent rate, great room (there are only 4 secret verandah cabins on the whole ship), close to other cabins in our group, early dining, etc. I didn't want to give all that up. It was a very small difference in savings when you factor in OBCs.
As of last year, platinum cruisers still got $350 for a 7-nt. Also my kids are teens so we get 2 cabins: a verandah for us and put the kids directly across the hall in an inside cabin. That gave us $700 in OBC from DCL (besides the 200/cabin from our TA.)
Due to the restrictions & uncertainty involved with the *GT cabins, I could not take the chance. It would be awful if our cabins were far apart and could potentially be on different decks. Not worth it.

I would not have cancelled the OBB res. I'd move it back to being a dummy date. I shouldn't use the phrase cancel. But basically it's giving up your old res and creating a new one. I'm not new at this. We've done 14 DCL cruises. ;)

I didn't mean that other offers would be in your cruising history. I meant the cruise that you took on an OBB that had also happened to offer the *GT rates before PIF would be in your history.

We did 4 cruises last year & one this year, originally 3 for this year & we made a lot of date changes. All the little booking details become a blur after a while. I'm pretty sure it was Alaska that offered the *GT rates. The ship wasn't very full and there was only one more Alaskan sailing after ours. Our servers said they & many others were able to go home a week early, at the end of our cruise, because there were so few passengers on the next cruise.

Anyway, it's rare but occasionally they do offer *GT rates prior to FPDD. :goodvibes

I just added a bunch of dates from now thru Dec 8 on all 4 ships. Apparently Nov is a great time for *GT rates...saw many for about $100pp/night! Happy shopping! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter