Compilation of historic DCL *GT sailings and other discounts

Was something confusing in my post? Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

No, lol. I was just shocked. I remember trying to book that and it was so expensive. The VGT rate looks lower than opening day rate for the 7A. This is obviously for locals. Can't imagine airfare right now.

No, lol. I was just shocked. I remember trying to book that and it was so expensive. The VGT rate looks lower than opening day rate for the 7A. This is obviously for locals. Can't imagine airfare right now.

Southwest out of PIT actually isn't too bad right now. I just checked. It's about $315 round trip from the 20th to the 29th -- higher than I usually pay, but not as bad as I would have thought for the holidays, and for booking so close to travel dates. I sure wish a Christmas cruise was in my budget, but sadly it isn't lol.

Maybe DCL is going the way of WDW. Pricing the cruises so high they have to offer discounts. Maybe it's to make us feel like were getting a deal when were actually not. LOL. I got 35% off at the YC and I'm still paying close to 300.00 a night.:eek:

I'm glad to see discounts Christmas week. This strengthens my resolve to hold out for VGT rates and not make an OBB.

Southwest out of PIT actually isn't too bad right now. I just checked. It's about $315 round trip from the 20th to the 29th -- higher than I usually pay, but not as bad as I would have thought for the holidays, and for booking so close to travel dates. I sure wish a Christmas cruise was in my budget, but sadly it isn't lol.

We are in CA. It wouldn't be doable for us I bet. Fun though.

Maybe DCL is going the way of WDW. Pricing the cruises so high they have to offer discounts. Maybe it's to make us feel like were getting a deal when were actually not. LOL. I got 35% off at the YC and I'm still paying close to 300.00 a night.:eek:

I'm glad to see discounts Christmas week. This strengthens my resolve to hold out for VGT rates and not make an OBB.

I completely agree. I have an OBB for a southern next oct that I think I want to drop. We may do a fantasy eastern in oct instead or I have a Labor Day beach club steal of a deal reserved to fall back on. I wish I knew how much a VGT would be for my family on an oct sailing so I would know whether to drop the obb or transfer it to the other sailing. We did VGT in May 2012 over Memorial Day and it was about $5500 for the 2 rooms. I would expect the oct one to be less. The current price with my 10% discount would be about $5300 and of course the $200 OBC, but that is 1 room. If we wait and do VGT, it would be 2 rooms, which would be way out of budget to transfer to now.

But yes, I think they are doing like WDW, Kohls, etc. get the people to pay full price that don't do their research and let the rest use a discount. Problem is, that with a Wdw trip, you can generally play with dates a bit to get the discount and good airfare. With a cruise, you have to get on and off the ship on a certain day, which doesn't allow for flexibility unless you are doing a pre/post stay somewhere.

The VGT rate this Oct would have been about 3300 for 2 adults and 2 kids. If that gives you some idea. Unfortunately we were not able to advantage of it. My VGT rate this January was 4369. If I book onboard for October 18 cat 5d I think it would be somewhere around 4300 minus the 200.00 OBC. I think I might be better off waiting. I have three weeks in the Fall I could cruise Oct 18, 25 and Dec 6. VGT rates were offered all of those dates this year. I would love to book early Sept 2015 Alaska cruise while on board in January, but the new 18 month rule makes that impossible.

The VGT rate this Oct would have been about 3300 for 2 adults and 2 kids. If that gives you some idea. Unfortunately we were not able to advantage of it. My VGT rate this January was 4369. If I book onboard for October 18 cat 5d I think it would be somewhere around 4300 minus the 200.00 OBC. I think I might be better off waiting. I have three weeks in the Fall I could cruise Oct 18, 25 and Dec 6. VGT rates were offered all of those dates this year. I would love to book early Sept 2015 Alaska cruise while on board in January, but the new 18 month rule makes that impossible.

Thanks! We are a family of 5, so would have to do 2 VGT rooms, but I believe I would still come out ahead. I can be flexible as well, but pretty much every week in the fall this year had the VGT rates, so I think it is a safe bet.

Sort of new to "last minute" cruising... my OCD-ADD makes it a challenge ;)

Anyone have an opinion on the 3/31/14 4-day Magic sailing? I know its spring break season but not Easter week this year. Was hoping to save a few bucks by waiting. Keeping an eye on rates so far prices only increased once and cf showing 70%.

I read that christmas sailings were offered at *VGT this past year, just wondering about spring cruises...

Thanks.

Sort of new to "last minute" cruising... my OCD-ADD makes it a challenge ;) Anyone have an opinion on the 3/31/14 4-day Magic sailing? I know its spring break season but not Easter week this year. Was hoping to save a few bucks by waiting. Keeping an eye on rates so far prices only increased once and cf showing 70%. I read that christmas sailings were offered at *VGT this past year, just wondering about spring cruises... Thanks.

If you look at the first post in this thread there is a master list broken down by ship and year.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

Thanks for the reply - I see now. I thought only the entries with amounts next to them were valid *GT rates. Not many March entries but lots of Magic so who knows. Would be interesting to know when the *GT rate was recorded...

This is great! Thanks OP for doing this. I never paid close attention to when *GT rates were offered but I'm looking for March. I hope they release them soon. It seems every category is still available for the sailing I'd like.
This was unheard of back in the day...

Thanks for the reply - I see now. I thought only the entries with amounts next to them were valid *GT rates. Not many March entries but lots of Magic so who knows. Would be interesting to know when the *GT rate was recorded...

:thumbsup2

This is great! Thanks OP for doing this. I never paid close attention to when *GT rates were offered but I'm looking for March. I hope they release them soon. It seems every category is still available for the sailing I'd like.
This was unheard of back in the day...

you're welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter