Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are...

:cheer2: tallen429 :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: jimnlahaze :cheer2:

tallen429 will be at Disney World from 5/7 - 5/11 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

jimnlahaze will be at Disney World from 5/7 - 5/13 and has also volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, tallen429 & jimnlahaze !!! :cool1:

YIPPPPEEE!!!! :cool1::cool1:
So glad to be back for Live Updates Redux!!!
LOL!
Already dreaming about my V&A res for tomorrow night!!
I even pulled a LBD from the closet! :lmao:
Going solo will be different, but so fun!!
DH gave me a going away card today, so funny and sweet!:lovestruc

Gabrielle also sent us a two-part update from her dinner last night.

Part I was from the Polynesian Resort's...

Gabrielle said, "Dinner last night was going to be a new experience. We decided to do somewhat of a progressive dinner.
We started at Kona Cafe!"

"We decided to share the California Luau Roll which was very refreshing."

"The delicious Kona Cafe bread. Yummy!"

"Mom got the scallops and really liked them. The soy sauce was a nice kick to it."

"I had the teriyaki steak and I would definitely get it again."

"We then headed over to the Wilderness Lodge to have dessert at...

"We decided to get the Signature Berry Cobbler with black raspberry ice cream."

And a bonus menu pic...

6 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Next we received a couple of updates from StuffedwFluff.

She said, "My husband got a snack from Hollywood Studios'...

Buffalo Chicken Nuggets with a drink and fries

"He liked them a lot. Anything smothered in buffalo sauce is good to him. WAY too spicy for me."

Then their lunch was from...

Starring Rolls Cafe

"We ordered the ham and turkey sandwiches, the chocolate peanut butter cupcake, Butterfinger cupcake, and the fruit tart. We loved everything and I'll let the pictures speak for themselves."

8 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic

Then we had a two-part lunch update from Krista (aladdinsgirl).

Part I was from Magic Kingdom's...

Here is what they had...

Two Plain Hot Dogs

Chicago Style Hot Dog - topped with tomato slices, dill pickle, Chicago-style relish and banana peppers
& Corn Dog Nuggets

"We didn't order the corn dog nuggets, but the CM said to take them. We couldn't refuse!" ;)

Two orders of French Fries, plus condiments

Then for Part II, they went across the street to...

"Carter and a Kids Vanilla Cone."

And then a bonus pic...

"Splash Mountain, just because I love it!"

4 April Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for signs, menus, pic of Carter, and Splash Mtn & interior Casey's pic

Our next update from auntfrannie is a first I believe for the Live Thread. :thumbsup2

"I decided to do an off day and spend it at DTD. I've always wanted to try the AMC Fork & Screen but could never fit it into my vacations. This vacation was a few days longer than usual so I decided to fit AMC into the schedule."

"I ordered a side order of Parmesan Fries and the Crab Rangoon Dip appetizer."

"The fries really weren't anything special; they tasted like regular fries with parmesan cheese sprinkled over them. They were supposed to come with a garlic-basil aioli but mine didn't."

"The crab rangoon dip came with wonton chips and a Thai coconut dipping sauce. The dip itself was crab meat with white chedder and cream cheese. This was a large serving and not something that I wanted to finish."

"I enjoyed trying something new but if I were to do it again I think I would go with a cheeseburger and plain fries.
I saw Iron Man 3 in 3D and enjoyed it!"

10 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

The next update was sent to us by Ryann (RyMacJ) from her dinner tonight at the Beach Club's...

"I couldn't begin to name everything everyone has eaten! I know we have had carved beef loin, chicken, salmon, crab legs, shrimp, seasonal vegetables, corn on the cob, red potatoes, mashed potatoes, calamari...I really don't even know! We are all in food comas now." ;)

3 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

The last update sent to us this evening was from Krista (aladdinsgirl).

She said, "Tonight we had dinner at..

MARA

An interior pic...

"Falafel Pita with Cous Cous. I love falafel, it's one of my favorite foods. It was very good tonight, a little spicy and messy to eat, but still really good."

Bacon Cheeseburger and Fries

"Carter ate his nuggets too fast for me to get a pic. I know you're sad about that!!" ;)

And for dessert...

Zebra Domes

3 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pic & interior pic

Ooh, come great updates :thumbsup2

I really want to try the AMC Dine In Theatre so it was great to see a review and the Mara is now on my list to try :goodvibes

Is it bad that I'm worried I won't have enough time, or stomach, to eat everything I want when we go? My list is getting ridiculously long from seeing all the pictures on here!

I love this thread.... I've moved around and changed some ADRs for my October trip thanks to the reviews on here.

So many choices, so little time!

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by auntfrannie.

She said, "I stayed at Coronado Springs for dinner and went to...

Rix Lounge

"I enjoyed the margarita flight."

"From the left: Jalapeno Cucumber, Classica, Hibiscus, Pineapple, Mango Blueberry Basil."

"The server said they go from least sweet (on the left) to the sweetest (the blueberry on the right). Since I don't really care for sweet drinks, I started with the blueberry to get it out of the way!" ;)

"The mango blueberry really tasted mostly of mango. I was glad they rimmed the glass with a salt rather than a sugar like a lot of places do for sweet margaritas. It helped cut the sweetness. Next was the pineapple which really tasted like pineapple juice; I couldn't really taste any alcohol in this one."

"I have no idea of what hibiscus tastes like so I can't say if this tasted like one or not! It wasn't bad but it's not something I would order again. Next up was the classica. Made with an orange liquor made it just a bit different than a regular margarita; it didn't taste as limey (??) as a true regular margarita. I liked the jalapeno the best; it had just a bit of heat."

"The Steppenwolf flatbread is described as grilled chicken, prosciutto ham, boursin cheese and balsamic reduction. I didn't really care much for this, especially after really enjoying the flatbread at Jiko last night. The chicken seemed to have an odd taste to it while the ham and boursin didn't add much flavor. The balsamic reduction was a bit heavy and overpowered some of the other components."

"The server said that many people complain about the size of the flatbread being smaller than what they expected. It was about 7" square. Given that I didn't particularly care for it, I didn't have any complaints about its size!" ;)

5 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Next we received this from a new pair of reporters who are on their way to Disney World, Jim and Lee Ann (jimnlahaze).

They said, "Good morning Barb, Jim and Lee Ann are on the way. Looking forward to Jill (jedijill) picking us up in Orlando."

"In the airport in Kansas City we're having a Artisan Breakfast Sandwich from Starbucks."

1 Bonus Point Earned

These post are making me so hungry. I was excited to see the margaritas at La Cava Del Tequila, I'm looking forwards to trying the pineapple one in August. I feel like I need to start making a list of all the things I want to try instead of trying to keep a mental one :)

Next this morning we received some pics from diskam, who just returned from her cruise yesterday on the Disney...

WONDER

She said, "I have a few pictures from our first day on the Wonder. After that I turned my phone off and didn't get anything else.

This is the salad section from the Welcome Aboard lunch at...

Parrot Cay

"Chilled shrimp...

"Pasta type salads, cheeses, and little chicken salad sandwiches there at the end."

"Mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and stir fried veggies."

"Meat from the buffet. There was also a beef carving station, but I didn't get it."

"We had supper the first night at...

Triton's

"Mal went out on a non-hot dog/chicken finger/pizza limb and had a hamburger." ;)

"French onion soup for me."

"Followed by the Sea Bass with Risotto. This was my favorite of the whole trip."

"Mals had a Mickey Bar for dessert."

"I had the ice cream sundae, which was good."

"After this first night though, the adults at our table (all four of us) started ordering Mickey Bars too. The adult offerings just weren't as appealing." ;)

The Cove Lounge

"I did get this shot of evening snacks in The Cove. The first time we cruised I didn't realize they had these available."

"And I did get this menu shot from The Cove..."

"I kind of wished I tried that Tobblertini thing now!"

"Finally, Goodbye from Mallory and I and thanks for all you do to organize this thread! You put a lot of work into it and I can't tell you how much I appreciated it in our planning!"

7 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menu pics and pic of Mallory

These post are making me so hungry. I was excited to see the margaritas at La Cava Del Tequila, I'm looking forwards to trying the pineapple one in August. I feel like I need to start making a list of all the things I want to try instead of trying to keep a mental one :)

The Margarita flight that auntfrannie had was actually from The Rix Lounge at the Coronado Springs Resort. Not sure if La Cava still offers a margarita flight??? :confused3 But if it's just a Pineapple margarita that you want, then I think you can get that at La Cava. Can anyone confirm?

The Margarita flight that auntfrannie had was actually from The Rix Lounge at the Coronado Springs Resort. Not sure if La Cava still offers a margarita flight??? :confused3 But if it's just a Pineapple margarita that you want, then I think you can get that at La Cava. Can anyone confirm?

The Pineapple Margarita is available at La Cava. I tried it when we were down for F&W, it's very good.

And since we have received diskam's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

diskam's Total April/May Game Points Earned = 32

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: dramaticmissy :cheer2:

dramaticmissy will be at Disney World from 5/8 - 5/13 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, dramaticmissy !!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter