Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Did someone mention Margaritas? ;)

They took the marg flight off the menu at La Cava as it was just too time consuming for the bar tenders in such a busy location

They still do a tequilla flight though

If you visit during a slow time and ask nicely, they will sometimes do the marg flight for you :)

Just caught up on the last few days of updates!! Awesome stuff!! I can't tell you how excited I am about the cheese appy being brought back to 50's Prime Time!! I made a lunch ressie for us as soon as I saw it!! LOL!!

Let's begin tonight with Krista's (aladdinsgirl) update from her breakfast at Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

MARA

Kids Mickey Waffles with bacon and grapes

Cheese Danish

3 April Game Points Earned

Next we have an update from Gabrielle (gabzee) from her breakfast this morning at the Beach Club's...

First some pics from the buffet...

Gabrielle said, "Of course I had to have a delicious Mickey waffle!"

"I had lots of fruit and it was very good!"

"And this was mom's first plate...

"She loved the healthier options that they had here! Her favorite was the healthy grain and fruit salad which is in the bottom left."

"More healthy grain and fruit salad."

5 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign and buffet pics

Then Gabrielle sent us another update from the Grand Floridian Resort's...

She said, "We both got the Buckingham tea. I had a berry tea that wasn't on the menu and mom had the mango oolong tea."

"Our favorites of the sandwiches were the cucumber, salmon, and curry chicken salad."

"This was my favorite course of the tea. Everything was very nice."

"We then got to pick two pastries. I got the swan mango mousse and the Linder tart."

"Mom got a cannoli and chocolate strawberry."

"It ended up being a long meal but it was nice to listen to the band that was playing live."

5 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and GF lobby pic

Our next update was from StuffedwFluff, who was at Magic Kingdom's...

A look inside the kitchen...

She said, "We had to stop and try the famous waffle treats at Sleepy Hollow."

"We ordered the...

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich

Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich

Waffle with Strawberries and Whipped Cream

"And my mother-in-law ordered the...

Ham, Prosciutto, and Swiss Waffle Sandwich

"This was way better than I thought it would be."

"We loved them! Such a good meal to share. Everyone walking by was asking where we got them."

"My favorite was the strawberry with cream."

3 April Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and kitchen pics and family pics

The next update was the first received from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World today, tallen429.

She said, "Hi Barb! What a beautiful day at Magic Kingdom! I arrived this morning and my first meal was at...

Liberty Tree Tavern

"I was a bit late for my ADR and the waiting area was quite busy, but I only waited a few minutes. My server came right over and I asked for water and placed my order at the same time. I knew what I wanted to try!" ;)

Pilgrims' Feast - traditional roast turkey with herb bread stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans

"Now normally I wouldn't eat such a heavy lunch, but I really wanted to try this so I would be able to determine if this might be a future dinner ADR and many of the elements are the same as the family style dinner."

"My food came in a flash! Seriously quick! Everything was nice and hot and fresh. I could make a meal just out the green beans! Everything on my plate was surprisingly delicious. Better than I expected. My only criticism might be that they could go a little easier on the salt. I didn't order dessert."

"I would definitely return!" :thumbsup2

2 April Game Points Earned

Another one of our live reporters, Ryann (RyMacJ), was also at Magic Kingdom today and had lunch at...

She said, "I had chicken tenders and fries...

"DH and DMom had Pepperoni Flatbreads...

"DMIL had the Caprese Flatbread...

"DD5 and DD3 had Mac and Cheese, Grapes and Yogurt...

"We had chocolate cake and chocolate gelato for dessert. We liked almost everything. The girls weren't crazy about the Mac and Cheese, and none of liked the cake--it's much too rich for our tastes!"

3 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Next we have a couple of snack updates from auntfrannie.

Fran said, "With tomorrow being my last day, I thought I should send a few odds & ends."

Goofy Candy Co.

"The first is a Mickey Toffee Brownie. The first photo is the whole brownie; the second is with a piece cut off so you can see the inside. The toffee consists of the dusting of toffee pieces on the ears. There aren't any toffee pieces inside the brownie. The ears are solid chocolate with the brownie being the body of the hat. Rich, chocolate flavor but not something I would get a second time."

"There's also a spicy chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow. As many others have said, this is a messy sandwich to eat! The waffle breaks apart as you try to eat it like a sandwich. Since I didn't care for the sweetness of the waffle I ended up just eating the chicken and the slaw. I liked the spiciness of the chicken with the cool crunch of the slaw!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Krista (aladdinsgirl) was at Animal Kingdom today and sent us this snack update.

"For lunch today we snacked instead of eating a real meal. We're eating dinner at Boma tonight and we want to be hungry!"

"We shared one jalapeno cheese pretzel and one Mickey pretzel."

Watermelon

"Carter was so happy to be eating his favorite food, watermelon. He ate that entire container by himself!"

1 April Game Point Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign/menu and pic of Carter

That's all for tonight folks, but check back tomorrow morning for many more great updates from Artist Point, Narcoossee's, and Flying Fish Cafe, to name just a few.

Good night! :wave2:

Good morning everyone! :wave2:

Did anyone notice the unusually large number of waffles (Mickey and Sleepy Hollow) that were included in the updates I posted last night? So many delicious looking waffles that I'm pretty sure that I dreamed about them last night. :p All I could think about today during my morning walk was how much I "needed" a waffle for breakfast. So following a quick trip to the frozen foods section of our local grocery store, I am now typing this post while eating my Eggo waffle. Though this waffle is quite sad in comparison to either Mickey or Sleepy Hollow waffles, I must say that it does hit the spot. Plus I have 9 more in the box, just in case I have another waffle emergency. ;)

So no more waffles in the rest of yesterday's updates, but no worries because there is plenty of other delicious looking food. Let's begin with this breakfast update from auntfrannie.

She said,"Hi Barb! I just realized that I don't think I sent any photos from the CS [Coronado Springs Resort] club level breakfast offerings."

"I've been stopping in the Coronado Springs Coconino Cove club for breakfast each morning. They have coffee, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins and pastry every morning. They also have a cappuccino/espresso machine. I found their selections to be more than enough for a quick breakfast before heading to the parks. Plus the staff there have been so friendly!"

5 April Game Points Earned

Next we received this one last update from auntfrannie. :sad1:

She said, "Barb, this is the last night of my vacation and therefore the last update I'll be sending in. Thanks so much for doing this for all of us!!!"

"The last dinner of my trip was at...

"I forgot what my original plans were; I think for somewhere in Epcot but I cancelled earlier in the week when I decided I didn't want to go back to Epcot again. Since I was in the Magic Kingdom area my options were limited. I could do Crystal Palace at 4 (too early for me), LTT (I don't care for their dinner all-you-care-to-eat menu), Grand Floridian Cafe, The Wave or Artist Point. Nothing appealed to me from GFC or The Wave. That left me with AP."

"I started with the Northern Flight Martini [no pic sent]. A vodka martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. My favorite cocktail!!"

"For my appetizer I went with the Portobello Soup. The soup is a creamy mushroom soup and I love the added flavor of the roasted shiitakes on top. Wonderful as always."

"I opted for the Black Angus filet mignon with hominy lobster grits, asparagus, onion ring and lobster sauce. The steak was cooked more to a medium well than medium but it was still a very tender steak and had good flavor. I expected the lobster grits to be grits with little bits of lobster throughout. However, it was simply grits with two bite-size pieces of lobster on the side."

"I know the berry cobbler is their signature dessert and I've had it before and enjoy it. But I wasn't feeling the love for such a heavy dessert. I went with the orange-laced cannoli. This was refreshingly light. The cannolis weren't made with the typical heavy batter but with a light orange flavored batter that was thin and crisp. The cannolis were filled with a berry mousse with creme anglais and strawberry-rhubarb jam on the side. I enjoyed these very much!"

5 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Points for sign

And since that was auntfrannie's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Great Job!!! :thanks:

auntfrannie's Total April/May Game Points Earned = 81

Next in last night were some updates from new reporters who arrived at Disney World yesterday, Jim & Lee Ann (jimnlahaze).

Jim said, "Jill (jedijill) picked us up at the airport and we drove straight to the Magic Kingdom for lunch at...

Be Our Guest

"Lee Ann had the Carved Turkey sandwich, she loved the sandwich, but thought the fries (Pommes Frites) were too salty."

"I had the Braised Pork and really liked it."

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

Then Jill (jedijill) also sent us an update from their meal at...

Be our Guest

Jill said, "After picking up Jim and Lee Ann (Jimnlahaze) from the airport, we decided to try to get in at Be Our Guest. The line looked huge but moved quickly."

"Spotted this Hidden Mickey while in line."

"I had the Croque Monsieur. It was a really good grilled ham and cheese on delicious multigrain bread with a hint of the bechemal sauce. The fries were standard CS fries which were rather cold by the time they got to the table."

And their desserts...

"I had a Lemon Meringue cupcake for dessert. Light and refreshing! I will definitely be back here." :thumbsup2

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu and Hidden Mickey pics

Next this snack update from Jim & Lee Ann...

"Lee Ann had the Dumbo popcorn bucket, determined to plant a plant in it later. I had the Mickey's Premium ice cream, always good." :thumbsup2

Then Jim & Lee Ann sent us an update from their dinner last night at...

Jim said, "This was our 1st time here and we really liked it. Lee Ann had the Chicken and Dumplings and i had the Shrimp and Lobster Fettuccine Scampi."

Chicken and Dumplings - Ashley Farms Natural Chicken Breast with Potato Dumplings, Baby Carrots, English Peas, Caramelized Red Pearl Onions and Peppered Soubise Sauce

House-made Fettucine "Scampi" - Maine Lobster and Wild Sustainable Shrimp with Savoy Spinach, Organic Heirloom Tomatoes and Lemon-Chardonnay-Garlic Cream

"She had a Coconut Creme Brulee for dessert."

"Beautiful weather here, wish everybody could enjoy it." :thumbsup2

5 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu and sign pics

"Lee Ann had the Dumbo popcorn bucket, determined to plant a plant in it later. I had the Mickey's Premium ice cream, always good." :thumbsup2

What a cute idea to plant a plant in the Dumbo bucket!! I may have to pick one up now just for that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter