Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Then we have Chavaleh's update from their dinner last night at Epcot's ...

This magnificent feast begins with a cold buffet that includes sliced deli meats, seafood, and a grand selection of prepared salads and cheeses...

"The girls and Jack all had meatballs...

Traditional Kjottkake - Norweigian meatballs served with Mashed Potatoes, seasonal Vegetables, and Lingonberry Sauce

Kids Meatballs served with mashed potatoes and corn

"Thomas had the beef tips and enjoyed them...

Seared Herb-dusted Beef Tips - seared beef tenderloin tips in wild mushroom sauce served with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.

"I had the short rib but thought the sauce on it was weirdly sweet. Met someone briefly while leaving who recognized us from this post, so hello whoever you were!!" :wave2:

And for dessert...

3 April Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign, pics of kids, character pics, and buffet pics

I really, really, really want to try Via Napoli. Another one on the list for the Mother/Daughter trip :thumbsup2

The Via Nappoli dish is not the Lasagna Verde, it could be regular Lasagna or the Candele (looks like it maybe tube pasta broken up...)

The Lasagna Verde looks like this...
ry%3D400

We had the Lasagna Verde and it was DELICIOUS!

The Via Nappoli dish is not the Lasagna Verde, it could be regular Lasagna or the Candele (looks like it maybe tube pasta broken up...)

The Lasagna Verde looks like this...
ry%3D400

We had the Lasagna Verde and it was DELICIOUS!

Yeah, I didn't think either of the descriptions fit the unidentified picture I received. It looks like regular lasagna noodles not candlestick, but then I didn't see any spinach in it either for the verde. Maybe Jen will pop in sometime and enlighten us? Perhaps they have added a regular lasagna entree to their menu??? Anyway, I'll change the description for now to Candele, since I now see that it is definitely not Lasagna Verde. Thanks Paula, for the heads up! :thumbsup2

Just caught up - what great updates

If I could go anywhere for dinner tonight it would be a hard choice between Jiko, Via Napoli and the Kona Sushi Bar :)

I love this thread, but it has reached a whole new level of wonderfulness with the Swedish Fish conversation. :rotfl:

I have just spent a little too long making pictures with Swedish Fish on their website at http://www.swedishfish.com/ :fish: :thumbsup2

Rest assured I'll be hunting some down come August :goodvibes Thanks for keeping this thread going and to all who contribute :)

One more dinner update came in last night, this one from 1coolnini.

"We both had "original" margaritas. Yes, I know, boring! But we wanted to compare it to our local favorite margaritas. They were great! I am sure we will find an excuse to go back and have another."

For their entrees...

"1coolpapa had the Carne Asada (cooked medium rare)...

Carne Asada - New York strip served with cheese enchilada, black refried beans, red bell pepper, onion, Mexican rice and guacamole

"I had the Pollo a las Rajas. Chicken with a creamy sauce over rice...

Pollo A Las Rajas - grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onion strips, cream sauce, and fresh cheese

"As someone who lives in Southern California and eats Mexican food weekly, San Angel Inn was great." :thumbsup2

5 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Hi Barb. Well, we leave this week for FL and it can't come soon enough. I don't remember if I told you our plans have changed and we are NOT going to Universal now but will spend our entire trip at WDW. We will be staying 2 nights at POR Riverside, which we have never stayed at before and are really looking forward to it. Then Friday we will transfer over to the Boardwalk for the rest of our stay.

We have reservations so far for Boatwrights, Tony's, La Hacienda & Narccossee's. And who knows where we will be stopping for snacks. :rolleyes:

The girls are really looking forward to Star Wars Weekend again. This will be our third time to go to it. So Wednesday morning can't come soon enough.

I love this thread, but it has reached a whole new level of wonderfulness with the Swedish Fish conversation. :rotfl:

I think 1coolnini must have checked the thread and saw our intellectual debate about the flavor(s) of Swedish Fish too. ;)

This just in from 1coolnini regarding today's Afternoon snacks at the...

Beach Club CL Lounge

She said, "We came back to the CL for an afternoon snack. I know they don't have beer and wine until 4:00, but I asked for a glass of wine "to go". They happily brought us each a full coffee cup of wine and a wine glass!"

"Four snacks this afternoon, plus chips and dip and cookies."

"There are 4 different flavors of Swedish Fish. Lemon, lime, orange and cherry."

Thanks 1coolnini for answering that all-important question! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

1 April Game Point Earned + 4 Bonus Points (one for each flavor ;) ) for solving the Swedish Fish puzzle

Swedish Fish are one of my favorite candies! Wilma-bride, if you have an Ikea where you live they can be found there, in the grocery area that sells food (usually the ground floor, near the counter that sells hot dogs and ice cream). I am an American that lives in Ireland and our Ikea here sells them, just as the one in CA I used to shop in does, so I bet you can find them in the UK :)

Thanks 1coolnini for clarifying the Swedish Fish flavours :thumbsup2

daisymomof4, I will check in our local Ikea next time we're there (although we visit so infrequently, it's more likely that my trip to WDW will come around first)

"There are 4 different flavors of Swedish Fish. Lemon, lime, orange and cherry."

Thanks 1coolnini for answering that all-important question! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

I can sleep soundly tonight now the mystery is solved AND there is a potential UK stockist :cool1:

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: KGNOLA :cheer2:

KGNOLA will be at Disney World from 5/20 - 5/25 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, KGNOLA!!! :cool1:

Now for a brief intermission while I work on a pile of laundry :laundy: and a few other household chores, but I'll be back soon to start on today's updates. I think we've gotten 7 so far from reporters who are currently at Disney World plus another 7 or 8 from podsnel and gabzee from their recent trips. So many more updates coming your way soon! :thumbsup2

Love all the updates....gives me something to drool over while doing the laundry here in VA too! Now just need Mondays off to rest from the weekend work!!

Heather

While I'm waiting on my DS to collect his dirty laundry for me (this could take a while ;) ), I'll go ahead and post today's First Update of the Day, sent to us by Lori (vettegirl).

Last night Lori had dinner at the Grand Floridian's...

The path to the restaurant (which is located down by the water)

Lori said, "Could not get a reservation but full menu is available at the bar, which is great for those booking a last minute trip." :thumbsup2

The view from her seat at the bar...

The current menu...

Lori had a Mickey Mojito...

"The senior bartender, Charlie, was excellent, as was the drink!"

For her appetizer, Lori had the ...

Florida Buttermilk-fried Jumbo Soft Shell Crab with Gingered Soy Reduction, Avocado-Wasabi Creme and Orange Sauce, with Mango, Orange and Vegetable Slaw

"Nice presentation and different from a year ago. Was very good."

And for her entree, Lori chose...

Two-Pound Steamed Maine Lobster with Whipped Boniato Potatoes, Broccolini with Hazelnut Gremolata and Siesta Key Spiced Rum-Vanilla Sauce

And last but not least, for her dessert...

Blueberry Cream Tart

"This is a brand-new dessert which debuted two days ago. Sorry almond cheesecake, you have been replaced." ;)

Note from jabead: Being a big fan of the Narcoossee's cheesecake, I quickly double checked with Lori to make sure that this dessert had not replaced the almond cheesecake on the Narcoossee's dessert menu. Lori confirmed that while the cheesecake was in fact still on the menu, for her this new dessert was even better. :thumbsup2

5 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics and First Update of the Day

Next we have smsraven's update from her breakfast this morning at...

"DH had the Mickey waffle with sausage...

"DS had the beignets. He commented that he has never seen hollow beignets before. They were ok."

"DD had the Kids Mickey waffles. It must have been really good because that was the first meal that she ate every bite of."

"I had the Western Omelet with breakfast potatoes. It was delicious."

2 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic

And Chavaleh had this for breakfast today from Hollywood Studios'...

Carrot Cake Cookie and Cafe au lait

1 April Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Then Chavaleh & family also had some snacks while waiting for the Star Wars parade at DHS.

Darth Vader Cupcake (available during Star Wars Weekends at several locations at Hollywood Studios, including Darth Mall) - Chocolate cupcake with peanut butter filling and chocolate frosting

Churros with chocolate dipping sauce in an R2D2 bucket

"My little Han Solo and I waiting for the Star Wars Parade to start...

1 April Game Point Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pic of Chavaleh & Jack, and misc. pics

Note from jabead: Being a big fan of the Narcoossee's cheesecake, I quickly double checked with Lori to make sure that this dessert had not replaced the almond cheesecake on the Narcoossee's dessert menu. Lori confirmed that while the cheesecake was in fact still on the menu, for her this new dessert was even better. :thumbsup2

OMIGOSH, thank you for the clarification! That almond cheesecake is my favorite dessert in the World. My husband will prefer the new blueberry one though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter