Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from MommaBerd from their dinner last night at AKL's...

[​IMG]

First some menu pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For their appetizers, they chose...

[​IMG]

Inguday Tibs in Brik - mushrooms, spinach, cheese in crispy Tunisian filo with curry vinaigrette and apple

[​IMG]

Za'atar-rubbed Lamb Flatbread with cranberry pear chutney and Point Reyes Blue Cheese

And for their entrees...

[​IMG]

Maize-crusted Corvina with Vegetables of the Moment and Tomato-Butter Sauce

"For dessert we each ordered the coffee creme brulee which included traditional African donuts served with vanilla cream dipping sauce. The butterfly garnishments were edible and both were different. Nice touch!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. glasslipper

glasslipper DIS Veteran

That coffee creme brulee looks adorably yummy! Is that an accurate food description? :lmao:

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next up is 1coolnini's update from their lunch today at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We were hungry and ready to eat. Decided to get Mongolian beef and Sweet and Sour Chicken."

[​IMG]

Now for dessert...

[​IMG]

They chose...

[​IMG]

Carrot Cake Cupcake and Chocolate Macaroon

[​IMG]

"1coolpapa gives the cupcake a "thumbs up". :thumbsup2

And one more quick update...

[​IMG]

"Quick stop today at Club Cool. Our favorite was Costa Rica. We both tried "Beverly". Honestly it wasn't as bad as I expected." ;)

2 April Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign, menu, display cases, 1coolpapa, and Club Cool

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we have MommaBerd's update from their lunch today at...

Yak & Yeti

[​IMG]

"DH had wonton soup and we shared the steamed potstickers..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We split the Miso Salmon (the picture is my half)."

Then for dessert, they got cupcakes from...

Kusafiri Bakery

[​IMG]

Zebra Cupcake - yellow cake with buttercream icing and chocolate shavings

[​IMG]

White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake - rich chocolate cake filled with chocolate cream, topped with a light buttercream and toasted coconut

"YUM!!! They were DELICIOUS!!!"

3 April Game Points Earned

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! :wave2: Had a busy day yesterday so got a bit behind on the updates. I still have about 10 more to post, so let's get started shall we? :thumbsup2

First up is Chavaleh's update from her dinner Friday at AoA's...

Landscapes of Flavor

[​IMG]

She said, "We split up last night so I only have my food from that meal. I had the Bahn Mi Pork Sandwich from the AoA's LoF. It was awful. Really truly awful. I don't know how something with those kind of ingredients can have that little flavor." :sad2:

And for dessert...

[​IMG]

2 April Game Points Earned

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then last night ChrisNY2 sent us his updates for yesterday, beginning with breakfast at the Coronado Springs Resort's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris said, "I started my day at Pepper Market, where I enjoyed an Eggs Benedict Breakfast Burrito. I had one of these in January, and I have been dreaming of it ever since! It was delicious."

"I headed to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. It was my first time at the festival and I really wanted to see David Bromstad, and HGTV designer."

FLORIDA FRESH

[​IMG]

"I started with 40 Karat Carrot Wine from Florida Orange Groves and Orange Blossom Pilsner. The carrot wine was interesting, and really tasted like carrots. I'd have it again with the right food pairing. The Orange Blossom Pilsner was really great and had nice character."

"After that, I went to see David Bromstad's presentation. Here's a picture of me with him."

[​IMG]

LOTUS HOUSE

[​IMG]

"Then for a snack I had the Spring Pancake with Grilled Chicken and Green Apple from China's Lotus House booth. The reviews were right: this was amazing. It paired well with the Hot Sun Tomato Wine from the Florida Fresh booth, which had just the right amount of spice."

[​IMG]

"I had a mid-afternoon Rosita Margarita from the Jardin de Fiestas booth. It wasn't great, it had an odd flavor, I wouldn't have it again."

[​IMG]

"I also tasted the Mango Mama wine from the Fruits by the Glass booth. It was ok - refreshing on the hot day, but probably not something I'd order again."

"Finally, I had dinner at...

Tokyo Dining

[​IMG]

"It was my first time eating there and I ordered the Chicken Katsu. It was very delicious. The waitress recommended it as one of the more traditional cooked dishes on the menu. I loved the entire meal."

14 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign pics, pic of David Bromstad, and pic of Chris

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have Couchy's update from her day yesterday.

She said, "I was in DHS at lunch so with limited options I went with...

Backlot Express

[​IMG]

"I had the Cheeseburger with onion straws. To be honest, it was not very good but I was hungry. The burger had cheese, bacon and onion straws. I pretty much took all of this off as they were all soggy in grease. The fries were good though." ;)

Then later Couchy enjoyed this cocktail by the pool...

[​IMG]

Hendrick's on the rocks

She said, "It was hot out today."

And then her dinner was from the...

Boardwalk Bakery

[​IMG]

Apple and Goat Cheese Salad

She said, "I got it with pomegranate balsamic dressing. This was a fantastic salad." :thumbsup2

9 April Game Points Earned

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next up is Chavaleh's update from their breakfast yesterday at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The girls and I had the breakfast panini and a fruit bowl...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The boys had pastries. They chose more wisely." ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then Chavaleh & family had lunch yesterday at two different Epcot WSC locations. First from France's...

Boulangerie Patisserie

[​IMG]

She said, "I got lunch at the bakery in France. I had a ham and cheese baguette and creme brulee."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then the rest of her family had lunch at Japan's...

Katsura Grill

[​IMG]

"Rhiannon had sushi rolls that she didn't care for."

[​IMG]

"Jack and Issy had Teriyaki Chicken and seemed to enjoy it."

[​IMG]

"I think Thomas had a combo platter (pictured at top)."

[​IMG]

10 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next from 1coolnini we have some pics from the Afternoon Snacks yesterday at the...

Beach Club's CL Lounge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 April Game Points Earned

12. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

What are Swedish Fish?

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Here you go Joh...

[​IMG]

14. wilma-bride

Thanks Barb :) So they're candy? What flavour are they - or can you get different flavours?

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received this dinner update from smsraven.

Everything Pop

She said, "We went over to Pop Century for dinner, but I forgot my phone in the room. We did bring back some tye-dye cheesecake for dessert."

[​IMG]

"I had the cheesy shrimp and grits. My husband had the pork shank and the kids had the pepperoni pizza sticks. The kids said the pizza was delicious. The hubby and I both thought ours were ok, but nothing to go out of our way for."

1 April Game Point Earned

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

They do have different flavors, I think the Red - cherry, Yellow -lemon, Orange -orange, and Green - lime. That's all I can think of but there might be others. In 1coolnini's pic of the chips, you can see part of the jar which is filled with a variety of Swedish Fish.

17. GoofySon'sMom

GoofySon'sMom DIS Veteran

Yes, they are candy. To me they really have their own flavor ... similar to cherry or strawberry licorice. They only come in the one flavor. I don't really like "gummy" or jelly kind of candies but I do love Swedish Fish!

Edited to add: I guess there are other flavors! I have never seen anything other than the red!
    I hope that helps a bit ... I'd be glad to send you some if you think you would be interested in trying them. Just PM me!

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Oops, maybe I'm wrong and all the colors are the same flavor. :confused3 It's been years since I've had them so in all honesty I can't really remember. :lmao:

ETA: OK, I think we need some help with this one. Anybody??? Do the different colors = different flavors? ;)

19. wilma-bride

Thanks for the info ladies and, Vicki, thank you for the offer :hug: I think we might try and get hold of some in November when we are next in Orlando. Not sure I will like them, though, if they are cherry flavour :snooty:

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now moving on to a different kind of fish, the kind that MommaBerd had in her sushi rolls last night at the...

Kona Island Sushi Bar

[​IMG]

Here's what they chose...

[​IMG]

Volcano Roll - spicy tuna seafood with tempura crunch

[​IMG]

Citrus Hamachi Roll - citrus marinated yellow tail in tempura crunch

[​IMG]

California Luau Roll - jumbo lump crab, pineapple and avocado

She said, "I'm not a big sushi fan, but DH is. We both agreed the volcano and hamachi rolls were very tasty. I really thought I would like the California roll the best because I love crab But it just wasn't that great and we ended up leaving about half of it on the plate."

"And here is me & my Lapu Lapu - just had to try it!"

[​IMG]

5 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu and pic of MommaBerd

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next up is jenifferf00's update from her dinner last night at...

[​IMG]

She said, "Our dinner far exceeded my expectations. Two things I didn't realize. 1) On the regular Dining Plan, kids get an appetizer without additional charge. 2) Children under 3 on the Dining Plan get their own meal, no app, and a drink at no charge. I thought the under 3 thing was really above and beyond. Our waitress , Iliana, was amazing." :thumbsup2

"We ordered alcoholic beverages and she offered us coffee in place of our sodas, which was another nice perk."

[​IMG]

Red Sangria - a refreshing blend of Italian wine and fresh fruit

And now for their food...

[​IMG]

The bread

[​IMG]

Kids Appetizer Fruit Cocktail - oranges, apples, strawberries, red grapes

[​IMG]

Carciofi - white pizza, artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil (I think?)

[​IMG]

Candele - candle stick pasta, sausage ragu, polpettine meatballs, mozzarella, ricotta (Maybe?)

[​IMG]

Kids Spaghetti con Polpettini (meatballs) - (I think?)

And the desserts...

[​IMG]

Coppa di Brutti Ma Buon (Ugly but Good Sundae) - Amarena cherry and vanilla gelato sundae

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zeppole di Caterina - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce

"The food was excellent, the service impeccable. I will be emailing Disney about our waitress because she was that good." :thumbsup2

2 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of DD