Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

We also received the first update from another reporter who arrived at Disney World yesterday, skylizard.

"Here is a pic from Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian Resort's...

Garden View Lounge

Plate of Assorted Tea Sandwiches

"We also hit the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Germany booth]...

Bauernmarkt

...and got a beer flight and potato pancake. All very yummy!"

5 April Game Points Earned

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: quietgirl :cheer2:

quietgirl will be at Disney World from 5/13 - 5/20 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, quietgirl !!! :cool1:

Next is another update from MrsBearcat.

Everything Pop

She said, "We ate at Everything Pop for dinner last night. Brian had the Poppin Nachos. These were huge and very good! I ate the kids Pasta & Meatball (see a theme here? ;) ) Very tasty! I saved the milk for morning."

And a new item at POP...

"They bring the lemonade over with cotton candy on top and them smoosh it into the lemonade and it automatically dissolves. Sweet and tart at the same time."

2 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for report on new item

That's all for tonight foks, but check back tomorrow for more great updates from jimnlahaze and jedijill, including Jill's dinner at Victoria & Albert's. :)

jabead said:
Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: quietgirl :cheer2:

quietgirl will be at Disney World from 5/13 - 5/20 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, quietgirl !!! :cool1:

Thanks barb!! So excited, and I should be SLEEPING so we can get an early start, BUT IM TOO EXCITED TOO SLEEP! Was worried we'd have to cancel the trip cause we've had some sickness in the family, but excited to say its a go!

FINALLY caught up on the new thread!

Thanks Barb for all the updates. I am sad that the F&G festival will be over by the time I get to WDW. Looks like some tasty treats!

Just wanted to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! to Barb and Brenda and all the wonderful moms who frequent this thread. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Awww thanks Becky! (If you mean't me! :lmao:) If you didn't then I'll pass on your thanks to that other gal! ;)

I hope you are having an AWESOME time at BC!

Good morning everyone! I just received a phone call from my daughter, who arrived in Florence a few hours ago. So much to my relief, she has arrived safe and sound...but unfortunately her luggage did not make it there. :eek: Not sure if it got left behind in Chicago or didn't make the connecting flight in Dusseldorf, Germany or perhaps it decided it wanted to visit another country first. ;) But the important thing is that she is fine and luckily she is very much a "roll with the punches" kinda girl so she will be okay, as long as it shows up in the next few days or so. :worried:

Now moving on to some live from Disney World updates. When we last heard from the Jim, Lee Ann, and Jill group, Jim reported on their lunch together at Hollywood Brown Derby on Friday. Now we have Jill's (jedijill) update from that meal, as well as her breakfast that morning from...

Les Halles

She said, "I started off the day with a Napoleon and a Raspberry Macaroon that I picked up the night before at Les Halles in France. The Napoleon was nothing to write home about and I ended up throwing most of it away. The Macaroon was insanely good!"

Hollywood Brown Derby

Jill said, "We ate lunch at the Brown Derby. Started off with piping hot sourdough rolls and salted butter."

"I ordered the appetizer sized portion of the Cobb salad minus the tomato, blue cheese, and avocado. It was very light...I could have used more dressing though."

"For my entree I ordered the Sterling Pork Chop with smoked Gouda and potato hash. The pork chop with the cheese was divine! The hash was terrible and I didn't eat it."

"For dessert, I ordered the Strawberry Champagne cheesecake. It was light and creamy."

Next in last night was Jill's update from her dinner at...

She said, "I've been looking forward to this meal for months! This is my 3rd time dining at V&A and it won't be my last. (Sorry for the picture quality....I got my camera out to take the first pic and figured out I forgot the memory card back at the resort! Luckily I pulled out the iPhone!)"

"I had the 9pm seating and was seated about 8:50. The pampering immediately started with a selection of imported waters although I just went with plain old tap water. :) I was given my personalized menu and was asked to make my selections for the entire meal. I also chose to do the wine pairings."

"The Amuse-Bouche was a small piece of lamb sausage and lamb tenderloin along with cauliflower. It was so good...I could have eaten an entire entree size portion. This was paired with a Piper Heidsieck Cuvee 1785 NV Brut champagne."

"The first of the 3 bread courses was served. A French baguette hot from the oven. I learned from past experiences to not fill up on the bread even though it is absolutely delicious."

"The second course was a Masago Crusted Gulf Shrimp with Ponzu Vinaigrette. This course was served cold. The shrimp was served on top of soba (buckwheat) noodles and the dish had an Asian flair. This was my least favorite of the courses but still delicious. The shrimp was paired with the Poet's Leap Riesling, Columbia Valley 2011. Loved the wine...very dry for a Riesling."

"Third course was a Diver Scallop with Zellwood Corn Ragout. This dish was incredible. The scallop was served perfectly seared but the real start of the dish was the corn ragout. It was like the best corn chowder you've ever had times infinity! I could eat a 5 gallon bucket! Yum! The dish was paired with a Michel Paquet Domaine des Valanges "Les Cras", Saint-Veran 2011"

"Second bread course was a herbed Brioche with herbed butter. Very light and eggy...again, I had to keep myself from eating the whole piece!"

"Fourth course was a Braised Oxtail and Cherry Ravioli with Roasted Red Peppers. This was more of a free form ravioli with a small sheet of pasta on top of the oxtail. Very rich and delicious. Paired with Highflyer Centerline, Napa 2008. I loved the wine and intend to see if my local liquor store can get it in stock."

"The third bread course was served and this time it was a chewy and nutty multigrain with salted butter. I wish I could have it everyday!"

"The fifth (entree) course was a splurge for me (as if this meal wasn't already!). I decided to try the Australian Kobe-Style Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Garlic-Potato Puree which had a $35 upcharge. It was absolutely incredible! The beef was cooked a perfect medium rare and was so tender that I could use a butter knife to cut it. Absolutely amazing. I only ate a tiny bit of the potatoes as I was getting full and was trying to conserve stomach space. They were perfectly pureed and had a nice mellow garlic taste. This was paired with Silver Oak, Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley 2008. This is one of my favorite wines and paired perfectly with the beef."

"The 6th course was the cheese course which included Sottocenere Al Tartufo, Parmigiano Reggiano, Colston Bassett Stilton, and Gouda Reypenaer XO. The cheese was paired with a Quinta do Crasto Late Bottled Vintage Porto 2007. The cheese was quite good although the Stilton was a bit strong for me. I'm not normally a port fan but this one was pretty good."

"I was offered coffee or tea and I chose green tea to end the evening. They brought this wild contraption out to brew it. Water was placed in the bottom container and the loose tea was in the upper chamber. The server put a small sterno-like burner underneath and about 4-5 minutes later the water boiled and was forced up to the upper chamber with the tea leaves. After the flame was extinguished, the now-tea flowed back into the bottom chamber. I need one of these at home!" ;)

"The 7th and final course was then served. Grand Marnier Souffle with creme anglaise. So yummy.....I love souffle and this is one of the best. Slight orange taste from the Grand Marnier with the vanilla of the creme anglaise."

"I was brought a small plate of Friandises (small candies) to enjoy with my tea. There was a jelly candy, a salted caramel, and little shortbread cookie. They were also very good!"

"Can't wait to go back to V&A some of these days!"

5 April Games Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Jill

Jim (jimnlahaze) & Lee Ann sent us an update from their dinner at Magic Kingdom's...

Jim said, "Our server was Craig and he is a great waiter, very helpful in deciding what to have, wine pairings, etc. Lee Ann had the Herb-roasted strip steak and substituted broccoli for the green beans."

"I had the pork roast with green beans and Mac and cheese. All good." :thumbsup2

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pic

Wow!! Jill - what an incredible meal at V&A!!!

I would have been stuffing some of that bread in my purse! The cheeses all sound lovely. I like the strong pungent cheeses so it would be interesting to try the Stilton.

That Grand Marnier souffle sounds amazing.

Glad you enjoyed your meal!

Next we have Jim's (jimnlahaze) update from their breakfast together at...

Jim said, "We both chose the buffet, but you may also make menu selections. First shots are from the buffet."

"I enjoyed the eggs benedict, twice. We also enjoy the fresh fruit and Lee Ann enjoys the Sweet Potato Pancakes with Pecan Butter."

"Our waitress Janelle made us a half cranberry, half pineapple juice, but we couldn't come up with any cute names, I chose crapple, but it just didn't seem right. :laughing: The juice was good though."

"Lee Ann also liked the multigrain croissant."

5 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and buffet pics

Hi Barb!:wave2:

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I'm so happy for your daughter but I know you must be freaked out. Such a wonderful opportunity!:thumbsup2

I love that the thread has been so popular. You do such a terrific job with it. Back when you started I assumed I'd be reporting once or twice by now but hopefully soon!:yay:

:goodvibes

Wow!! Jill - what an incredible meal at V&A!!!

I would have been stuffing some of that bread in my purse! The cheeses all sound lovely. I like the strong pungent cheeses so it would be interesting to try the Stilton.

That Grand Marnier souffle sounds amazing.

Glad you enjoyed your meal!

BEST. IDEA. EVER. :thumbsup2

"Our waitress Janelle made us a half cranberry, half pineapple juice, but we couldn't come up with any cute names, I chose crapple, but it just didn't seem right. The juice was good though."

This made me laugh. Crapple.

Next up are Jill's (jedijill) updates from the meals she had on Saturday with Jim & Lee Ann.

She said, "We had a late breakfast at...

The Wave

"I enjoyed the breakfast buffet especially the sweet potato pancakes with Pecan butter. They remind me of the pancakes when Boatwright's served breakfast."

Be our Guest

Then Jill said, "I was lucky enough to be added on to Jim and Lee Ann's dinner reservation at Be Our Guest. We were seated in the West Wing. I ordered the Strip Steak with Pommes Frittes and subbed out the green beans for broccoli. I also ordered a side of the Mac and Cheese."

"The steak was good but not the highest quality (I'd been spoiled by previous Signature dinners) but the Pommes Frittes were amazing! Hot and crispy and perfectly salted dipped in the garlic aoili."

"I was disappointed in the Mac and Cheese...it seemed a bit bland for me but maybe I was just dazzled by the fries. ;) I did enjoy a glass of wine so now I can say I've had a drink in the MK."

7 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for misc. BoG pics

Then we received this update last night from Jim (jimnlahaze) & Lee Ann.

He said, "On Saturday night we had tickets for the Tables in Wonderland Fantasmic Dessert Party. Because of inclement weather it was moved inside to the Disney Jr. Theatre. The bartender named Max told us about when the building was used as a bar attached to The Brown Derby, it was called The Catwalk Bar. He said it was a great place to be a bartender when all the animators worked in Florida."

"We also had breads, meats, cheeses, and nuts in addition to the desserts."

"Also there was an open bar with with coffee drinks (Baileys, Amaretto, etc) teas, beer, and wines. After some great conversation about our favorite Disney restaurants we proceeded to Fantasmic. We were taken backstage between Rock and Roller Coaster and The Tower of Terror (the things we've seen). It was a sold-out event for the first 100 people, great desserts and good times." :thumbsup2

5 April Game Points Earned for update from a TIW Special Event

Next we have Jill's update from that TIW Special Event.

Tables in Wonderland Fantasmic Dessert Party

"I saw an email announcing this special event and immediately emailed LeeAnn. We both moved some ADR's around in the case that we could get tickets (event was limited to 100). LeeAnn was able to get tickets." :thumbsup2

"The event was supposed to be held outside but due to afternoon storms it was moved inside the Disney Junior building. We were given wristbands and a table assignment. At the appointed time we were allowed in the building. We scoped out the sweet and savory tables and watched the chefs create lemon sorbet in a Kitchenaid mixer using liquid nitogen!"

Offerings included:

Savory Station
Artisan Cheeses, Dried Fruits, Nuts, and Sliced Baguettes
Sampler Station
Mickey Ear Brownie Bon Bons
Balsamic Macerated Strawberries, Mascarpone and Lemon Biscotti Crumbles
Lemon Pound Cake with raspberries and Country Cream
Butter Cupcake with Maple Butter Cream and Bacon Brittle
Mickey Peanut Butter Tarts

Action Station
Warm Peach Crumble served in Mason Jar topped with Liquid Nitrogen Infused Limoncello Moonshine
Basil Lemonade, Coffees and Teas
Beer, Wine, and Cordials

"For me, the highlight was the warm peach crumble served in a Mason jar with the limoncello moonshine sorbet that the chef's were preparing. It was really delicious...I wouldn't have thought to pair lemon with peach but it worked for me. Other's didn't care for the pairing as much. The Mickey Peanut Butter Tarts were fantastic as well."

"After we had all stuff ourselves silly, we were taken to special seating for the 9pm showing of Fantasmic. It was a great event and I hope that my travel plans work out with another event in the future."

Thanks for the TiW event pictures - it looks awesome :)

I would have been all over that peach crumble!

And then sadly we have Jill's final update from her trip which ended yesterday.

House of Blues Sunday Gospel Brunch

Jill said, "LeeAnn and Jim took me to a Brunch on one of our first trips together and I loved the food and the music so we decided to go again this trip. Today was different as it was the first Kirk Franklin "themed/sponsored" brunch. The buffet is a great mix of Southern and Cajun food like chicken and waffles, mac and cheese, grits, biscuits and gravy, shrimp, and lots of sweet stuff too. Really a nicely diverse menu. The music was fantastic as well. The show was sold out especially since today is Mother's Day."

"Sadly, I had to leave to go to the airport after the show was over. Luckily I was stuffed and didn't even think about food until I was back home in Denver where I'm happy to report is no snow! ;) I'll be back in October and hopefully the thread is still going then."

What are the dates for the December Dining dismeet? Hubby wants me to renew my pass as our anniversary gift and so it might be possible to make it for a few days depending on airfare. Is anyone sharing rooms or everyone getting their own?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter