Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in tonight was a dinner update from Becky (BlovesC) & Charlie.

She said, "Good evening from our dinner spot...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Charlie had the prosciutto and melon pizza, which was our server's favorite. Good choice!"

[​IMG]

Carciofi - white pizza, artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil

"I had the carciofi again, because why mess with decadent perfection?"

And for their desserts...

[​IMG]

Gelato Frizzante - Ice Cream Soda "Italian-style"

"Charlie's dessert was the Gelato Frizzante. It was like an orange cream soda and he loves that combination."

[​IMG]

Coppa di Brutti Ma Buoni - "Ugly but Good" Sundae

"I had the Coppa di Brutti. SO tasty! Especially that chocolate meringue cookie!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. smile4stamps

smile4stamps DIS Veteran

Poolside Plunge! Yumm!!

Vicki. I need to work on getting time off work so wouldn't know for awhile if I would be able to go but would be willing to share a room if I can get the time off.

4. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

Wow, so many great updates here (as usual)!

One of the first things that caught my eye was the cotton candy lemonade at Pop Century. It sounds like so much fun!

Jill's meal at V&A looks so good. I definitely have to try that place one day. :thumbsup2

Seeing those pictures from The Wave makes me really miss it. I've always liked their breakfast buffet (especially the sweet potato pancakes with pecan butter), but the multigrain waffle also sounds great. Captain's Grille is another one of my favorite breakfasts, so I hope Becky and Charlie enjoyed it. :goodvibes

The F&G updates are always fun to see. China's chicken pancake and candied strawberries sound like a hit. In fact, overall I'm really missing the food at World Showcase, especially Via Napoli (that carciofi pizza was so good!).

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Just a few more updates from last night, including this dinner update from Jim (jimnlahaze) & Lee Ann.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Lee Ann had the All-American and we split the Mac and cheese and the Corn Chowder soup."

[​IMG]

All American - roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and roma tomato

[​IMG]

"My sandwich was seasonal and it was the Barbecue Pork, sorry the pic didn't come out too good."

[​IMG]

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menus

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next is Jim's final update, as sadly their trip ended yesterday.

He said, "We had stayed at Old Key West and after we checked out of our room we went to our final meal on this Disney trip."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We went to Olivia's for breakfast and Lee Ann had the Olivia's Traditional breakfast, she had scrambled eggs with cheese, breakfast potatoes (a casserole), crispy bacon, and multi grain toast."

[​IMG]

"I had the Traditional Eggs Benedict, it is a great sauce because it has key limes included and the breakfast potatoes."

[​IMG]

"Thank you Barb for doing such a wonderful job. We'll keep on reading, as always, Lee Ann will probably send a list of things correcting everything I've sent in the last week." ;)

10 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

7. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

DDW...You have to try V&A...it's right up your alley! It is pricey but an amazing experience.

Jill in CO

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And since we have received Jim's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Great Job!!! :thanks:

jimnlahaze's Total April/May Game Points Earned = 79

9. Jacksluvsgoofy

Jacksluvsgoofy Earning My Ears

I just joined thanks to my friend who now has me addicted. This is such a fun thread to read. Thanks!

10. tammilynne

tammilynne Mouseketeer

Cotton candy lemonade looks yummy!!!

Are the candied strawberries available all the time or is that a special offering??

11. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

The candied strawberries are a special Flower and Garden Festival offering.

Jill in CO

12. tammilynne

tammilynne Mouseketeer

thanks!! that's what I thought :( they look delicious ...

13. jerseytinkerbell

jerseytinkerbell DIS Veteran

Great breakfast pics from Olivia's! I am so excited to try out their breakfast when I stay at OKW in October. I'm scouting out three different items on the b-fast menu, so I guess it's a good thing we will be there for three days because I intend to try them all! :thumbsup2

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by a new reporter who arrived at Disney World yesterday, quietgirl.

Casey's Corner

[​IMG]

She said, "Made it to Casey's yesterday and we split a hot dog as a snack before heading over to Epcot's..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pissaladiere with tomatoes, olives and gruyere cheese

[​IMG]

Fraises Tart with vanilla cream, topped with strawberry

[​IMG]

Duo Au Chocolate - white and dark chocolate mousse cake

[​IMG]

quietgirl said, "I was sad to see no cheesecake, but the duo of chocolate was the BEST thing!!! It was $5.75 but so good!"

6 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and First Update of the Day

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we received MrsBearcat's updates from Animal Kingdom, starting with a breakfast snack from...

Pizzafari

[​IMG]

Cinnamon roll

"We split this while waiting for Festival of the Lion King. It was ok, just something quick to tide us over."

Then for lunch they went to...

Yak & Yeti

[​IMG]
    "I had the Glacier Water and Brian had just plain Coke."

"We split the Vegetable Lo Mein and the Steamed Beef & Broccoli."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Instead of cake for my birthday lunch I wanted the Cream Cheese Wontons with Pineapple. The so lived up to the hype!"

[​IMG]

3 April Game Points Earned

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then next is MrsBearcat's snack update from Hollywood Studios.

Hollywood Scoops

She said, "For dinner we were going to split the BBQ Pork Sandwich from Fairfax Fare but Brian ended up eating it alone and I didn't get a picture. Why you ask? Because I went to Hollywood Scoops to get what I thought was going to be "dessert"." ;)

[​IMG]

Ice Cream Sandwich with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

"Ahhh, too big!"

[​IMG]

"I barely ate a third of it and that was all I could eat the rest of the day."

"But my hubby did have popcorn in a R2D2 during Fantasmic."

[​IMG]

2 April Game Points Earned

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then skylizard sent us a breakfast update from the Polynesian Resort's...

Kona Cafe

skylizard said, "This morning we had breakfast at the Kona Cafe. We had the Big Kahuna and the Samoan."

[​IMG]

Big Kahuna - French toast, Pancakes topped with Pineapple sauce and Macadamia Nut Butter, eggs, home fried potatoes, ham, bacon, and sausage

"The macadamia pineapple pancakes that come with the Big Kahuna were just heavenly!"

[​IMG]

The Samoan - poached eggs with Hollandaise served over smoked pulled pork hash

[​IMG]

"The Samoan was delicious. The pulled pork hash was perfectly cooked and like nothing I've ever had before. I wish we could get a breakfast like this back at home!"

2 April Game Points Earned

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in was another update from MrsBearcat, this one from their lunch today at...

Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater

[​IMG]

Fried Dill Pickles served with spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce

"Brian says these were his favorite part."

"We ordered an All-American Picnic Burger with fries and a Reuben with cucumber salad and split everything."

[​IMG]

The Famous All American Picnic Burger - Flame-broiled Angus Burger Patty topped with Grilled Hot Dog, Sauerkraut, and Sauteed Onions, crowned with a Pickle Spear and French Fries

[​IMG]

The Reuben - Corned Beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss, and Thousand Island Dressing on Marble Rye Bread served with Pickle Spear and Cucumber Salad

"Brian liked the burger and fries best and I preferred the Reuben and cucumber salad but we both agree it was all good."

And then a little later she also sent a snack update from Downtown Disney's...

Goofy's Candy Co.

[​IMG]

"Make your own rice crispy treats. One with walnuts and one with Butterfinger."

4 April Game Points Earned

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we have this update from Chavaleh.

Gaston's Tavern

[​IMG]

She said, "After turning Jack into a pirate we went to meet Gaston and eat at his hang out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The pirate ate most of the roll." ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The pork shank went well with the brew which was exceedingly sweet."

2 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for Gaston & Pirate Jack and misc. pics

20. seasidespences

seasidespences Mouseketeer

Love all of the updates from today!! My taste buds are envious of all you guys!!

Does anyone know if that ice cream sandwich from HS is a snack credit??

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in today was a lunch update from Becky (BlovesC).

She said, "Today we decided to stay by the pool for lunch, so Hurricane Hanna's it was!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We both got the chicken breast sandwich with fries."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Inside...four cheese blend and avocado-yum! This was way better than the food at Beaches & Cream...but not as good in atmosphere. Too many flies and fry snatching crows!"

But for dessert, they still went to...

Beaches & Cream

[​IMG]

Grilled Banana Bread and Peanut Butter with caramelized bananas, whipped cream, and a scoop of ice cream

Becky said, "I really wanted to try the Peanut Butter and Banana Bread sundae. Disappointing! There's almost no peanut butter." :(

[​IMG]

Classic Banana Split - ripe banana, three scoops of ice cream (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry), pineapple, strawberry and marshmallow topping, finished off with hot fudge, butterscotch, toasted almonds, whipped cream and a cherry

"Charlie got himself a banana split. It was huuuuge and I think he liked it more than any No Way Jose we've had! Although that may just be because he didn't have to share." ;)

Becky then said, "And as if that isn't enough sugar for the day, we went back to Epcot JUST for strawberries from China's...

Lotus House

[​IMG]

"At least we burned off the calories in the walk to get them."

7 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics and pic of Charlie