Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad to see everyone leaving WDW, but I'm reminding myself that means I'm
Even closer to my own trip- 10 more days and I should be in Orlando!

Loving the Hoop de Doo photos, since I don't usually see them :)

Today was the end of both Chris' and Becky's trips, but it was the beginning for another veteran reporter, AlohaPolynesian.

She and her sister and nieces arrived at Disney World today and had their first Disney meal at Magic Kingdom's...

Pinocchio Village Haus

image101-1-1.jpg

AlohaPolynesian said, "My sister had the Caprese pizza and my nieces each got the pepperoni pizza. My nieces are picky eaters and both loved this. My sister also finished hers and said it was "pretty good"."

image102.jpg

"I am trying to eat vegan as much as possible and am on Weight Watchers, so I'm trying to be healthy whenever possible so that I won't feel guilty to splurge on the occasional treat. With that said, I ordered the Mediterranean Salad without chicken or cheese and used the olive oil vinaigrette. For a semi boring salad, it was actually pretty filling and tasty."

Then tonight AlohaPolynesian sent this update from...

Cosmic Ray's

photo103-1.jpg

Veggie Burger

She said, "My nieces ate dinner in the room and my sister wasn't hungry. So, I got this and ate it during Wishes. It was pretty decent for a veggie burger and very filling. Will tide me over 'til breakfast!" :thumbsup2

6 January Game Points Earned

And today was also a special day for another current reporter.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, disneybride96!!! party:

She and her DH were also at Magic Kingdom today and had her birthday lunch at...

Columbia Harbour House

First a menu pic...

25BE07D9-C344-4141-8215-3AA8E76AFC49-16704-000010C149E2C72A.jpg

db96 said, "We got the fish & chips and fried shrimp combos and shared. The shrimp was by far the best." ;)

16EC83AD-B37E-4B5D-9FA0-8C2C635B2BA4-16704-000010C14F7C6F73.jpg

Fried Shrimp Platter
Served with cole slaw and French Fries

73EEF5D0-41D5-4E3C-86FE-8E6C8237E48F-16704-000010C154BC8FAB.jpg

Battered Fish Basket with French Fries

Then for their afternoon snack, the famous Dole Whip...

3C430283-8976-4CDF-93AF-1EB9F6A406CA-16704-000010C159F3D5DA.jpg

And for her birthday dinner, disneybride96 chose...

Be our Guest

36FD70A3-14CA-4E46-838C-79530F035074-16704-000010C15EE0F0BF.jpg

"The Birthday Girl"

She said, "There have been a lot of BoG reviews. Our experience was the same as most. Good food, lacking service. Our waitress was sweet, but the bread and meals came out together and there was a lot of waiting. The family beside us ordered when we did, but we were finished with our meals before they were served." :sad2:

Here's some food pics...

8FFEA0C3-3B93-4F31-9DA7-5C02E6F918D1-17190-000010E762E731EA.jpg

Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop with au gratin macaroni, green beans and red wine au jus

CD558ACD-46F8-4883-A943-7A944A568D71-17190-000010E768413DF3.jpg

Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops with seasonal vegetables served in puff pastry with a creamy lobster sauce

And the dessert cart...

B93DCE28-66E7-4318-81D5-4BC76ED5BB50-17190-000010E773B48A4E.jpg

Last but not least, a pic with the Host...

3BB09DC8-CC25-4F7D-8CF3-1A6CE022CED7-17190-000010E76E17805E.jpg

5 January Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for menu pic, pic of disneybride , DH, & Beast and birthday point

OK that pork chop above from BoG looks sooo good!!!! I want to go noooowwww!!!!

Do we still need Feb people we will be there Feb 9-15 I am really nervous about doing it because I will have digital camera and would have to email you the pictures but if the good foodies need me I can do it. :goodvibes

There was a tie this morning for First Update of the Day, so both reporters will receive a Bonus point.

Sent to us by email, was the first update from a new reporter, dreamscometrue101.

She and her niece arrived at Disney World yesterday and had their first Disney meal at...

image103-1.jpg

First a menu pic...

image104-1.jpg

dreamscometrue101 said, "Drinks were just typical, soda and natural lemonade."

image105-1.jpg

For an appetizer we shared the blue crab salad...

image106-1.jpg

Uncle Gary's Blue Crab Salad
Avocado Filled with lump Blue Crab, roasted corn and red bell pepper. topped with crunchy crumb, spicy mayo and tomato crackers

"It was fresh and tasty but I didn't care for the crackers/bread it was served with."

"For dinner I opted for the Momma's recipes plate so I could give the chicken to my niece, and she had the kids chicken nuggets."

image107.jpg

A sampling of Mom's favorite recipes
Crispy fried chicken, fork tender pot roast and traditional meatloaf with all the fixins

image108-1.jpg

"The meatloaf is by far my favorite and I will likely order it as my entree when I'm down in October."

"We ended up splitting the Boston cream parfait but I neglected to take a picture of it."

"Service was terribly slow but friendly when she was there."

3 January Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for First Update of the Day and menu & sign pics

Do we still need Feb people we will be there Feb 9-15 I am really nervous about doing it because I will have digital camera and would have to email you the pictures but if the good foodies need me I can do it. :goodvibes

Hi Amy! :)

We do have three people lined up to do live reports during that time period, however if you think you'd like to give it a try, I'd be happy to have you on the team. :thumbsup2

Can you PM me the info like what time not to send message and everything. I will give it a try I might not get update to you everyday but I will try my best. We will be eating at the following:

Garden Grill
Raglan Road
50's
Rainforest
Tutto Italia
BOG
WPE
Cooke's of Dublin
CHH
Yorkshire
Casey's and one my QS yet to be determine!

Then at about the same time this morning, we received the other First Update of the Day by text from another new reporter, CaliBear.

She and her DBF arrived at Disney World yesterday and their first meal was at...

Tusker House

CaliBear said, "Yesterday at lunch we made our own bread service for two."

E249BBAF-D450-4387-8DE8-97584A13B9F9-17777-000011197CE6B369.jpg

"My first plate..."

C2BBA89A-CF58-452D-AB9C-734CB7740C50-17777-00001119828177BA.jpg

"Everything was good, but I filled up on plantain and salad, and I wish I hadn't."

"BF's first plate..."

8EB95CE0-6CDB-40B2-A038-83DFB4A919A7-17777-0000111986F559E3.jpg

"He liked the spiced rice, but the curry rice with raisins was served on ice and he would've preferred it warm."

4E4EC40D-897A-4CDB-9245-C20ED74E44E9-17777-000011198AE1C494.jpg

"Carving station plate: potato wedges, pork loin with sweet and sour mustard, mashed potatoes, samosa, and sirloin with horseradish."

"We liked everything but the potato wedges, which we found too salty. DBF said the samosa was his favorite."

0DB069F8-54DA-49F0-9D4F-A314DD960F5F-17777-000011198F0E53F4.jpg

"Desserts from top: Baklava, Chocolate Lava Cake, Chocolate Chip Bar, Lemon Square, Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce."

"I only had lava cake. It was good. DBF ate a little of each, but finished the two he liked best: the chocolate chip bar and the baklava."

"Overall, we liked Tusker House, but ambience played as much a part as the food did in our enjoyment. The characters were lots of fun with Goofy the star of the show. As for the food, we chose Tusker House for the African flavors but preferred the carving station offerings that aren't unique to this restaurant The African dishes were all a little salty and not spiced enough for our liking."

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Can you PM me the info like what time not to send message and everything. I will give it a try I might not get update to you everyday but I will try my best. We will be eating at the following:

Garden Grill
Raglan Road
50's
Rainforest
Tutto Italia
BOG
WPE
Cooke's of Dublin
CHH
Yorkshire
Casey's and one my QS yet to be determine!

Ok, I'll add you to the February list. :thumbsup2 I'll be sending out a PM to everyone on the Feb. team probably this weekend. The PM should have all the info you will need to email your updates.

Thank you! :goodvibes

dreamscometrue101 also sent a dinner update from last night.

She and her niece had dinner at DHS'...

Hollywood Brown Derby

She said, "Dinner yesterday was Hollywood Brown Derby. I wasn't sure how this meal was going to go because we had been up for 36+ hours at this point."

"We arrived 40 minutes early and were seated right away."

"Serra had a soda and nothing really appealed to her so she went with the kids hot dog. (No pics). It was a plain hot dog... What more can you say." ;)

image111-1.jpg

Seafood Cioppino - sauteed black tiger shrimp, Prince Edward Island mussels, and a pan-seared fennel-dusted grouper over orzo pasta with a cioppino broth

image110-1.jpg

Double Vanilla Bean Créme Brulée with Dark Chocolate-dipped Biscotti

"I went with the crab spring roll appetizer, seafood cioppino, and the vanilla creme brûlée, and more importantly the margarita flight.... Yumm!"

image109-1.jpg

Citizens Take Flight
A tasting of three flavored Margaritas
- Bucky Greenhorn’s Derby Margarita
- Melvin Macheezmo Mango Margarita
- “Ready” Freddy Fiddlesticks Pomegranate Margarita

"Everything was delicious. My niece stole the shrimp from my plate and declared that is was the best shrimp ever. I enjoyed the appetizer and the dessert but only ate half of each as there was just too much food."

"I think the children's menu is rather limited if you're using 2 children's dining credits for this meal. I paid out of pocket for hers."

"It is definitely on my to do list for October." :thumbsup2

3 January Game Points Earned

CaliBear also sent us an update from her dinner last night at Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

JIKO

CaliBear said, "We had dinner last night at Jiko. Here's the bread. We liked the spicy sweetness of the tandoori butter."

2AC92522-D230-4A4B-B4DC-9688C32A42D7-17777-000011236E5CE344.jpg

"We shared bobotie rolls. These were really good."

48343CD9-74C8-4144-A2E5-EF708066BF5A-17777-0000112374FB0D0B.jpg

Crispy Beef "Bobotie" Roll with Cucumber Raita, Green Mango Atjar, and Honey-roasted Groundnuts

139D06B6-0EE3-437B-AB39-A448DE2A4E74-17777-0000112379C2E4E4.jpg

"Bunny Chow" and "Falafel"
Durban Curry Vegetables in Naan Bread, Mango Ketchup, Harissa Mustard, and Chickpea-Lentil Cake with Cilantro Yogurt, Wilted Greens and Olive-Walnut Tapenade

"We also shared the Bunny Chow and Falafel entrée. I had been wanting to try this since I first saw it on the menu and my review is mixed. I loved the bunny chow. The vegetables inside were cooked crisp and the bread container was crispy yet light. There were soft vegetable ribbons on the plate too - also delicious. The falafel though...DBF said it was like eating sawdust." :crazy2:

"Our waiter was Oscar. He was very good and he did recommend several appetizers to share, but I had to try that bunny chow, and I'm glad I did."

"I don't have a photo of dessert, but we had the chocolate and tea safari and it was amazing. I want to make that cake! I'm hoping to find a recipe." :)

3 January Game Points Earned

Now let's start the breakfast updates from this morning.

dreamscometrue101 and her niece were at Animal Kingdom today and had breakfast at...

TUSKER HOUSE

She said, "Breakfast this morning was Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. We had an 8:05 ADR is perfect. Great photo ops!" :thumbsup2

"We had our photo taken with Donald then headed on in."

image112-1.jpg

"This is my first plate but my second and both of my niece's look just about the same with the exception of some plain scrambled eggs on the second trip. Everything was tasty and good, except for the scrambled eggs. They were very salty."

"But the best was the characters and that jungle juice..Mmmmm!" :thumbsup2

image113-1.jpg

3 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of DNiece & Goofy

Hey Barb! I just wanted to share some food news that I read on the Restaurants Board.

Hurricane Hanna's (the pool quick service location at Yacht & Beach Club) reopened today. west&east posted the menu here - apparently there are a bunch of new menu items! Among them are:

-Hanna's 1/3 lb bacon angus cheeseburger with Vermont cheddar and steak sauce
-Grilled chicken breast sandwich with a four-cheese blend, tomato, avocado, and arugula
-Grilled cheese and smoked bacon sandwich with Vermont cheddar, apple butter, and blue cheese
-Lobster & shrimp roll on Parker House bread with citrus mayonnaise
-Chopped field greens salad with turkey, blue cheese, craisins, and orange vinaigrette
-Vegetarian quinoa wrap with roasted vegetables, hummus, and goat cheese

I'd love to try the chicken sandwich, lobster & shrimp roll, or quinoa wrap (and although I recently stopped eating red meat and pork, I have to admit that their specialty burger sounds fantastic ;)). To showcase some of these new menu items, maybe you could offer an extra point to anyone who hits up Hurricane Hanna's (like with the new French bakery)? It's just a suggestion, since I'd love to see what some of these dishes look like. :thumbsup2

Next we have a breakfast snack update from AlohaPolynesian.

She said, "Just has coffee for breakfast so I got hungry in Animal Kingdom. Found a stand with salted edamame! Delicious and hit the spot." :thumbsup2

Bradley Falls Kiosk

photo104-1.jpg

Edamame

1 January Game Point Earned

Hey Barb! I just wanted to share some food news that I read on the Restaurants Board.

Hurricane Hanna's (the pool quick service location at Yacht & Beach Club) reopened today. west&east posted the menu here - apparently there are a bunch of new menu items! Among them are:

-Hanna's 1/3 lb bacon angus cheeseburger with Vermont cheddar and steak sauce
-Grilled chicken breast sandwich with a four-cheese blend, tomato, avocado, and arugula
-Grilled cheese and smoked bacon sandwich with Vermont cheddar, apple butter, and blue cheese
-Lobster & shrimp roll on Parker House bread with citrus mayonnaise
-Chopped field greens salad with turkey, blue cheese, craisins, and orange vinaigrette
-Vegetarian quinoa wrap with roasted vegetables, hummus, and goat cheese

I'd love to try the chicken sandwich, lobster & shrimp roll, or quinoa wrap (and although I recently stopped eating red meat and pork, I have to admit that their specialty burger sounds fantastic ;)). To showcase some of these new menu items, maybe you could offer an extra point to anyone who hits up Hurricane Hanna's (like with the new French bakery)? It's just a suggestion, since I'd love to see what some of these dishes look like. :thumbsup2

Wow, impressive menu for a poolside joint! ;) I will add Hurricane Hanna's to the 5 point list right away. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup2

Next we have a breakfast update from CaliBear.

She said, "We're staying at AKL so today's breakfast was at..."

MARA

CDCC48A7-DFA4-42D4-9B08-48E5B7113A15-17777-0000112CCB16783F.jpg

African Inspired Breakfast Platter
Scrambled eggs, Merguez sausage, pap, chakalaka and grilled tomatoes

CaliBear said, "DBF had this. He didn't care for this at all. Hard sausage and cold grilled tomatoes." :sad2:

DF53C7C9-2ABA-43B0-8CAD-20A6F6D2E379-17777-0000112CCFBC6883.jpg

"I had a bagel and cream cheese. It was fine." ;)

"After breakfast we went to the Celebration of Africa in the Jambo House lobby. This was nice. There was dancing, drums, and stations to learn about African wildlife, food, sports, and crafts. I know it's not dining, but it was a nice event."

E0582A02-3CEE-4308-903A-DF89FC9315B0-17777-0000112CD462897B.jpg

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for Celebration of Africa pic

Next we had both a breakfast and lunch update (plus a bonus ;) ) from disneybride96.

Her update was titled...

TODAY'S ADVENTURE

She said, "My DH's birthday was a couple weeks ago. Since I didn't get him anything then, this surprise [Segway] tour, "Keep Moving Forward" was his gift. I didn't tell him until we were in bed last night!"

85A663CB-0B15-4458-BBC1-CC2461592294-17777-0000112BBE55F918.jpg

"You might ask what makes this food related. Well, the tour was re-worked a couple months ago and now includes breakfast at..."

SUNSHINE SEASONS

2B6FC79D-92AF-48B4-88D6-F80278F38AE8-17777-0000112BB8BD1D27.jpg

Adult Breakfast platter with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, French toast, and a biscuit

"We both got the breakfast platter. It was a nice addition to the tour."

Then for lunch, they stopped by Epcot's...

C231C787-595D-4B11-9AD8-8A4842EDB84C-17777-0000112BC365E984.jpg

09109804-F74C-45BF-AEC4-235231C949B7-17777-0000112BC7F83A7B.jpg

Fish & Chips

"This is one of our favorites, but I was really disappointed that the Walker's Shortbread was no longer available as a dessert. Instead they now have sugar cookies. They appear fresh baked, but were nothing special. We both took a bite and threw out the rest. Fish and chips were still great though." :thumbsup2

5 January Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for Segway tour pic & menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter