Coming to Reverse Maleficent's Curse! A 16th Birthday to Disneyland PTR (COMPLETE)

It's funny but the main thing that I always hear is the difference in size in the castles. When you take into consideration the amount of money Walt had when they built Disneyland and the amount when they built WDW Aurora's castle is amazing then.

Definitely, but they are both amazing castles either way, though I'm not sure anything can compare with Cinderella's for me.

On very rare occasions, characters will get on the boat with you through Storybook Land, but I've only seen it once. I saw Gepetto cower in fear as they went through Monstro as I passed by the attraction. If you want to hear a character tell their story, your best chance is if the Princess meet and greet area still features Princess storytelling.

The castle debate can get interesting. The only time I get bothered by it is when people bash Sleeping Beauty Castle. I understand why it's a culture shock for those used to Cinderella Castle, but that doesn't diminish it.

Matt Ouimet was the former President of Disneyland and oversaw the 50th anniversary celebration. He grew up on the east coast and his first thought on seeing Sleeping Beauty Castle was "What the h***** happened to the castle?" But his next comment was very telling. After the audience laughed, he added "seriously though, I have a lot of fond memories of that castle."

On very rare occasions, characters will get on the boat with you through Storybook Land, but I've only seen it once. I saw Gepetto cower in fear as they went through Monstro as I passed by the attraction. If you want to hear a character tell their story, your best chance is if the Princess meet and greet area still features Princess storytelling.

Awwww... well, hopefully I'll get lucky when I go! :goodvibes That would be really fun if the characters joined my little Storybook Land voyage. I'll just be crossing my fingers.

The castle debate can get interesting. The only time I get bothered by it is when people bash Sleeping Beauty Castle. I understand why it's a culture shock for those used to Cinderella Castle, but that doesn't diminish it.

Matt Ouimet was the former President of Disneyland and oversaw the 50th anniversary celebration. He grew up on the east coast and his first thought on seeing Sleeping Beauty Castle was "What the h***** happened to the castle?" But his next comment was very telling. After the audience laughed, he added "seriously though, I have a lot of fond memories of that castle."

I would never do that. I'll forever keep my allegiance to Cinderella's, mostly because it was the first icon I saw in Disney and it truly is amazing, but I'm sure Sleeping Beauty's castle is just as beautiful and it has the tour, which I think may be where it has the upper hand on Cinderella's place. :-) Oh, that's so funny! I'll probably just be in another culture shock getting back to Cindy's after this trip with the exact same reaction lol But I still can't wait to see Aurora's place :teeth:

HAKUNA MATATA! JUST GOING DOWN THE BAYOU...

So, this will be a split update today. First, I would like to begin with saying, I saw one of the best Disney movies ever (probably the best), The Lion King in 3D!!!! If people haven't noticed by my lovely avatar, I love the Lion King, the music, the movie, it is all great. And I love both movies just the same (well almost), so of course I had to see it and guess who showed up to come with me...

NATE!

Yes, he came up from Philadelphia for the day and he and his brother came with me to see it. Originally it was supposed to be my friend, Jocelyn and my other friend, Margaret to come see it, but Jocelyn had some other plans come up and Margaret was sicke the whole weekend, so it was just Nate, his brother and I.

We went last Saturday, so a bit late in the boat, since I got sidetracked a little by school and forgot it had come out. Now, I'm just trying to count down the days until it comes out on DVD so I can run off to the store and go buy it, to continue my growing collection of Disney movies :woohoo: Very exciting. But enough of that, let me skip to the movie...

So, without running over the plot and just trying to convey all the awesomeness that is The Lion King in this update, I'll just cut to the chase and give you my review of the movie, being a huge fan and knowing my Lion King quite well...

I really didn't think it was great. I mean, it still was good, "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" is still probably the best Disney song and animated sequence ever as well as "Be Prepared" being probably the most epic Disney song ever, but it felt really quick. It felt as if something was missing and that it seemed lost. I've heard some changes were made in the 3D movie and it seemed quite obvious. Like the cloud scene with Mufasa's ghost talking to Simba seemed much different than I remembered, it just didn't work out quite well. It is definitely amazing and better as the simple movie it has been for years, no way around that.

I did take some pictures of the movie poster...

0924011817.jpg

0924011809.jpg

0924011810.jpg

Yeah, I totally took a gazillion pictures of one poster. Deal with it! Can you say you know you're a DISer when... lol Well, I hope they may brighten your day in some way shape or form, if possible :confused3

Also, speaking of the Lion King, I was inspired then and even before to finally decide who would be joining me as my mascot for this trip so ladies and gentleman, I would like to announce, the mascot joining me on this first trip will be...

KOVU!

015.jpg

Yup, he's jumping on the bandwagon (forcively) and I know he's going to have just as an awesome time as I will at the Happiest Place on Earth. And speaking of that, since it is quite late now and I want to get to my homework, I'll just cut to the chase and talk about the two rides at New Orleans Square I am DEFINITELY doing and the only rides there of course, but I think are better paired up in this situation then seperated. They are:

Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion​

haunted-mansion.jpg

2399384305_7b5a0f17c9.jpg

As I may have said before, I LOVE the Haunted Mansion. It is probably my favorite dark ride in Disney World and my first Disney obsession. Nobody understands why I love this ride, but I just do. It first has the nostalgic feel, as the ride is steeped in Disney history then it is just one of a kind and a completely Disney ride. I can't wait until I get to ride the DL version, which is slightly different from the WDW version, though most is the same, but it is the original and I'm so glad I get to experience it.

Then we have POTC, the quintessential reason why some people believe DLR is much better than WDW is because of this ride. For those of us who are WDW vets, know this ride rarely gets a line beyond 15 minutes and has just never been too popular. It is still well enjoyed, but compared to other rides in the area, it is just an average Disney ride. Then, from my research, the one in DL is total opposite being probably the most popular ride in the park, lines increasing rapidly from the morning. It also is nearly triple the length of the one in WDW with so much more to see and a bit more of a thrill aspect. This also has to be the ride steeped in the most Disney history, being a Walt Disney favorite and one of the last he ever had the chance to oversee. The day I finally get to ride it, is just going to be so exciting :goodvibes

As you can tell, my excitement for this trip just keeps building and building as it gets closer and closer. I'm still waiting for Southwest to release their prices past April 9th so I can possibly snag a good deal. *crosses fingers*

Have a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Day (those of you up and reading this)!

:maleficen

Great job:thumbsup2 Your plans look amazing and now I'm here to follow along!!!

:welcome:, glad you could join in!

Thanks, most likely the plans I have will change lol Or just never followed :laughing;

That sounds awesome Timmy!! My birthday is two weeks after yours.

Thanks Kaitlin! Oh wow, lol, so you're a May birthday, too? That's pretty awesome, I think May is a DISer teen month, because most of the teens I know on here were born then. It's creepy... lol

Thanks Kaitlin! Oh wow, lol, so you're a May birthday, too? That's pretty awesome, I think May is a DISer teen month, because most of the teens I know on here were born then. It's creepy... lol
Yeah. Ironically, my BFF is a May girl too because her's is two days after mine, except she's a year older than me :scared1:

Yeah. Ironically, my BFF is a May girl too because her's is two days after mine, except she's a year older than me :scared1:

Oh wow. None of my friends or really anyone in my school has a birthday in the same month as me. It's annoying. But my sister's birthday is two days after mine and my grandpa a day before hers. It's so freaky! Then my other sister's birthday is in October, real strange.

MAKING MEMORIES! TAKING VIDEOS IS... MAKING MEMORIES

So I'm going to take a break from going through the must-dos on my trip to talk about some other stuff. So, after seeing some TRs and videos online of trips people have taken, I've decided I would like to do that. I've already made little musical slideshows, but I think adding video will make it a better keepsake. The only problem is I am Camcorder-less :/ The camera and photo situation is all good, but camcorder not so much. So, I've been looking at CNET for reviews of good HD camcorders that aren't for exactly high quality videos, but just the average home video and so far this is the number one choice-

Canon Vixia HF M40 (Black) Camcorder

canon_vixia_hf_m40_1091368_g1.jpg

It says it's fairly good for home videos, though it says sunlight could be a problem and I'll be filming a lot out in the sun, so maybe I'll go up to...

Canon Vixia HF M41 (Black) Camcorder

m412.jpg

It says this works a bit better in sunlight, so I think this maybe better when trying to video tape while looking at the screen.

If these turn out to be too expensive for my mom's taste, I think I'll just go with the Flip, since it seems to take decent videos and is compact so it'll be easier to walk around with then having to continually take out the camcorder and put it away in a bag.

flipcamera.jpg

It also is one where I've heard it's better for sharing than most video recorders. But I think just winging it while shopping will be best since usually the experts there are very good at showing you the best ones out there for what you are looking for versus reviews online. My mom is interested in finding some of these, so hopefully this day will come soon like when we finally get everything booked for this trip! :goodvibes And if you have any suggestions for camcorders, please tell me, it is greatly appreciated :-)

Speaking of which, Southwest FINALLY released their rates past April 9th, 2012! I looked at the prices and they didn't seem too bad. I was so glad I waited for Southwest to post up their prices, especially since they fly into SNA. My mom also got an email from them about some deal, but I'll have to look at that later. It just looks pretty good. I'm guessing this trip will cost a lot less than I anticipated. :hyper:

Another thing, I must add because this is a factor too, is I got the information for the trips I will be able to go on this year with other Sophomores. Basically, what it is, all Sophomores "go away" from school for a week to participate in their chosen courses. Only a certain amount of kids are allowed for each course, so we have to pick five courses, listing one through five (1 is #1 choice to 5th choice) and I don't know which I should put as my number one choice. It is a battle so far between the trip to Manhattan and then the trip to Quebec. I've never been out of the country so I like the idea of Quebec and Manhattan was my number one choice before I looked at the sheet since I heard about it before, but now I know about both, it's hard to decide. So I wanted to ask, which would you prefer? I'm getting extremely desperate here so it is appreciated if you do give your opinion, whatever it may be. Thanks!

Yup, so that is it...

Have A Magical Columbus Day Weekend!

:maleficen

We video taped a trip in 2003. It was great fun. We had a meal at Goofy's Kitchen and Goofy was trying to make my son laugh. No matter what he did Loren played him off. Goofy was patient though and kept doing things like wiping Loren's mouth until he finally got him to laugh. These are great memories to go back and look at.

A video camera would be cool! Those two look really nice-it's amazing how small things like that are these days. I always used to want one myself since we took home videos on our early trips but I decided I wouldn't use it enough outside of WDW. So I just settle for my regular camera that has video on it.

We video taped a trip in 2003. It was great fun. We had a meal at Goofy's Kitchen and Goofy was trying to make my son laugh. No matter what he did Loren played him off. Goofy was patient though and kept doing things like wiping Loren's mouth until he finally got him to laugh. These are great memories to go back and look at.

Awwwww... that's such a great memory and to have it ON VIDEO! This is one reason why I want one. I've already missed so many great moments on my other trips with my camera and I think with a camcorder will make it more likely those moments will be redeemed. Though, the best memories are those saved in thought :goodvibes

A video camera would be cool! Those two look really nice-it's amazing how small things like that are these days. I always used to want one myself since we took home videos on our early trips but I decided I wouldn't use it enough outside of WDW. So I just settle for my regular camera that has video on it.

I know right! Nano-technology is just so prominent these days, love it! :-) Yeah, I most likely won't use it outside of WDW, though I may take it out for the school trips I'm taking... I think it's a good investment either way :thumbsup2 Though the video mode on the camera works fairly well too, I just want nicer videos lol :-)

Awwwww... that's such a great memory and to have it ON VIDEO! This is one reason why I want one. I've already missed so many great moments on my other trips with my camera and I think with a camcorder will make it more likely those moments will be redeemed. Though, the best memories are those saved in thought :goodvibes

I know right! Nano-technology is just so prominent these days, love it! :-) Yeah, I most likely won't use it outside of WDW, though I may take it out for the school trips I'm taking... I think it's a good investment either way :thumbsup2 Though the video mode on the camera works fairly well too, I just want nicer videos lol :-)

We were there celebrating Kody's birthday and they spelled her name wrong. Even after I had called numerous times to make sure that the cake was going to be right. When the Mad Hatter realized that Kody's name was spelled right he made a big deal out of it. He ran to the kitchen and got a tube of icing and fixed it from a C to a K. He almost made it seem intentional so it was all okay. Had he of not done that we would have had a sad little girl on our hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter