Coming out of Lurkdom

jennobrn01

DIS Veteran
What a fabulous board! :flower1:
I have been lurking here for nearly a year. Now that we have definite plans for our first family trip to wdw (11/06) I decided to introduce myself. :wave2:

My user name reflects my occupation as an ob rn, but my greatest job is that of "mommy". I love my boys, and am so excited about introducing them to wdw. They will be nearly 4 and nearly 1 1/2 by the time we go. Until then we are priming them for the big trip by introducing them to disney characters. (my 2 year old is a huge thomas the tank engine fan, so this is a little tricky).

Now if only we can convince the grandparents to come too. Mommom is on board; Poppop has the "been there, done that" attitude. Well, we have a year to work on them.

Looking forward to learning more from the veterans here! :worship:

Hi Jenn.....
welcome2.gif
officially to the DIS boards. Just wanted to add that I am also an OB RN ! Glad you decided to come out of lurkdome. Have fun planning your wdw trip for next year :Pinkbounc

Welcome.

I was a longtime lurker too before joining. These boards are a lot of fun. The only downside I have seen is that it can become quite addictive!!! :goodvibes

Welcome again and hope you have an awesome time planning your trip!

Good point Spiceycat ! And I know my nephew (who's a train fanatic), has always loved the Germany model train villlage.

Yup, the first thing that caught his eye in one of our guide books was the steam train! He already knows that names of all four steam trains at mk. :earboy2: It will be the very first thing he wants to do at mk.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :wave2:

:wave2: Welcome :wave2: Have fun planning your Nov 06 trip. Maybe just mommom can go with you. That's what we did a couple of times. Only my mom came to help with the boys. Dad stayed home, happy not to come. Been there done that was his attitude also. Anyway go and have a Magical time.

Welcome to the DIS!!! Have fun planning! :cool1:

Welcome, have fun planning. You're gonna love it here! :flower:

jennobrn01 said:
Now if only we can convince the grandparents to come too. Mommom is on board; Poppop has the "been there, done that" attitude. Well, we have a year to work on them.

:worship:

We had the same issue getting my SIL & BIL to join in a family trip next year. I pulled out the big guns and had the children in the family (there are only 4) sign a petition that I had made in their names using Disney Paper. Maybe a little coercing would work :-). We take grandparents with us on just about every trip and our kids LOVE it almost as much as the grandparents. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter