Come to the Dark Side...We Have Cookies...(updates 4/3)

Oh, the M&G photos with Tiana and Naveen are amazing. It really looks like they got into it just as much as JJ did. Love the one that Naveen is in his frog stance kissing up at Tiana!!

Wow! The mine is huge! That area is really undergoing a huge change. Disney has been running alot of adds lately promoting the new Fantasyland. Can't wait to see it in a month!! (OMG less than a month away) Was the crane to remove the lights from the Castle? When we were their in Sept 2011 all our castle pics have the crane putting up the lights....

Prices of pork have sure gone up! Your snack looked wonderful!

So glad JJ slept well and no movements. Praying today is the best day ever!

Waiting for the ins lady to call back. Please pray we get the news we need. I've done really well with WW since Shane has not wanted any dinner for the last three nights. He is just too beat to eat. My heart is breaking for him. Going to find his surgeon today to make sure he can get him in as soon as we get the green light from ins company.

Have a great day! We are supposed to reach 75 today!!!

They were very fun and energetic, making for a fun M&G.

Do you get discounted tickets with your convention? Did you know there is no longer the buffet at the Pepper Market?

It could have been for the lights, however almost that whole Sir Mickey/SASW building is under construction for the princess thing.

Praying about insurance. Sorry he is feeling so badly and a trip is out of the question for him and that he hasn't been able to eat.

Super fantastic terrific picture of the castle! You nailed it!

JJ looks so cute at the Tiana and Naveen Meet & Greet. We didn't get to see Naveen, only Tiana who wanted to know if we had brought her any crawfish since we were from her home State. My favorite pictures are the ones of JJ and Naveen acting like they were frogs. Cute!

We've eaten at Mama Melrose's before and really enjoyed it. As a matter of fact, we have another ADR there for our May trip. I don't know if it was a fluke but our wait time went way past our ADR time though. About 20 minutes more than our ADR time. Hopefully, that doesn't happen again. Didn't you say that JJ enjoyed pizza but he doesn't like a lot of smooshy sauce? They can make him a cheese pizza without any sauce. At least they could a year or so ago.

Thanks! I just love the castle pic. I'm so surprised too because there were so many people. Everyone but the children were taller than me and I zoomed in between people's heads.

Lol, crawfish. She did talk to JJ about Gumbo, but he told her he doesn't know what that is.

That's consistently happened to us at 50's PTC. I think we waited close to an hour the last time.

He doesn't like chunky sauce. He loves alfredo sauce though. He likes his tomato sauce smooth and not too thick. He also doesn't like choking on cheese because it's too thick. Once he choked on cheese and I had to literally pull it out of his throat. That was at a Greek restaurant.

Ours wasn't greasy at all.

For the LeFou's Brew I figured the same amount of points as a can of sugar soda. It's very sweet, but they said it has applejuice in it, so maybe it isn't quite as many points??

For the pork shank, we split it three ways. So I counted it as Cuisine Solutions Seared Pork Shank, which was listed as a third of it. It said 9 points. Is that possible?

The cinnamon roll I counted as a cinnabon classic, since I ate half, I claimed half the points.

What do you think? How would you do it?

Well, now, that's why I asked you! I would have skipped the brew since I avoid all juices. I'd rather chew my points than sip them! I don't know what a cinnabon classic looks like, so no way to compare.

Glad to know the shank isn't greasy. I love pork!

It is really neat seeing history unfolding. I'm amazed at how fast everything seems to be moving now.

I bet!! I'm really loving all the pictures you are taking and sharing with us!! :thumbsup2 Keep'em coming, you're doing such a great job! I don't know why, but I geeked out a little seeing what it looked like without the water on Splash :rotfl: (happens to be one of mine and Mackie's favorite rides). :lovestruc ::yes::

I don't really care for the turkey legs. The pork shank was very good. Some type of dipping sauce would have made it even better, like BBQ sauce. JJ is a ketchup kid and there was no ketchup for it either. He ate it anyway.

I'm not much for dark meat either. If JJ ate it, then it must be good. :)

I have seen the birds in Frontierland pick up a turkey leg from a guest and carry it off. Have also seen them swipe hotdogs right out of the buns.

I know!! Those things are ruthless! :scared: :rotfl:

The cinnamon rolls aren't the same. I like them better, but miss the gooeyness of the main st. ones.

Hmmm, might have to try one then. :upsidedow I'm kinda worrying about what I'll do for breakfast's while I'm there. Hard to do protein shakes since I won't have a blender, not to mention no freezer for the berries I need for it. My typical morning shakes are out the window for the trip, but they give me so much energy.
I don't want to do protein bars either since there are soooo many carbs and unwanted sugars, not to mention soy protein most of the time, which I can't have. :worried:
I don't typically like eating breakfast in the parks since most of it is NOT healthy, not that I'm not going to splurge, but I'd rather splurge on dinner or other things later in the day. :) I think I've come up with, greek plain yogurt (high in protein), getting some bananas ordered to the room and bring my own granola to add to it for breakfast.

The waffles at sleepy hollow always look so good. We've never tried one. Someday.

It's on my list of things I want to try this trip. I'd rather splurge on this one day than have a typical breakfast, you know?

He begins worrying when the sun goes down every night. He's afraid he won't be able to fall asleep at bedtime. Maybe it's because his seizures are in his sleep mostly. I don't know, hard to tell. He gets these ideas in his head and they don't come out. He plays them over and over in his mind.

Bless his heart. This must be really tough on the rest of you too. :worried:

The M&G totally side tracked him! It was very special.

:cool1: :thumbsup2 Good, at least you know he can be distraced somehow.

I would have loved to stay for the parade. I was hoping we'd make it to fireworks. But his anxiety couldn't handle it. After the M&G he was worried about how long it would take to get to the TTC and how long the ride home would be. He wanted to get home so he could go to bed. He was practically hyperventilating til we got in the door. Tears were forming as he brushed his teeth and I put on his night clothes. He couldn't wait for prayers and bed.

Aww, poor guy. Maybe when y'all find a place closer to the park he won't be so worried about these things. God love him.

Lol, I missed the typo.

I loved it!! Especially since it was a fairy. :tink: :lovestruc

lovethattink said:
They were very fun and energetic, making for a fun M&G.

Do you get discounted tickets with your convention? Did you know there is no longer the buffet at the Pepper Market?

It could have been for the lights, however almost that whole Sir Mickey/SASW building is under construction for the princess thing.

Praying about insurance. Sorry he is feeling so badly and a trip is out of the question for him and that he hasn't been able to eat.

Yes, they offer discounted day tickets as well as after 2 and 4 o'clock prices. I should have several days I can get over to parks or DTD around 3. Didn't know that about Pepper Market. Have you had Mexican at Epcot? I can't think of the day of the restaurant but saw some that looked really great. I would really like to spend some time in the various countries.

What's on your schedule for today? I'm working on my certification work at home again today.

Have a great day!

Well, now, that's why I asked you! I would have skipped the brew since I avoid all juices. I'd rather chew my points than sip them! I don't know what a cinnabon classic looks like, so no way to compare.

Glad to know the shank isn't greasy. I love pork!

I'm alot of help, lol.

Way more benefit eating fresh fruit than drinking the juice, especially considering the point value.

A classic cinnabon is about the same size.

Our pork was very good. That's probably why they raised the price so high. Demand was there for some good protein.

I loved it!! Especially since it was a fairy. :tink: :lovestruc

Then I guess I won't go back and edit, lol

Glad you are enjoying the pictures. There are several CM who call my camera the Iron Man. So it's caught on, and my camera has a name.

You geeked out on splash in a good way or bad way?

There is a fruit cart over by Sleepy Hollow and Columbia Harbour House. They have baked potatoes, fruit, and some other options. They use to have sweet potatoes too, but discontinued carrying them. They open at 10:30am.

Last night bed time went very well. First time in months he didn't panic before bed. We even played cards last night and I won and he was jumping up and down for joy because he didn't have a meltdown. He kept saying, "I'm ok...I'm ok. Mama, I'm really ok. Can you believe it? I'm not angry?" That was certainly a first. Hoping and praying for a 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Yes, they offer discounted day tickets as well as after 2 and 4 o'clock prices. I should have several days I can get over to parks or DTD around 3. Didn't know that about Pepper Market. Have you had Mexican at Epcot? I can't think of the day of the restaurant but saw some that looked really great. I would really like to spend some time in the various countries.

What's on your schedule for today? I'm working on my certification work at home again today.

Have a great day!

You'll have to send me you number. Maybe we can arrange to get together for a bit.

I've eaten the counter service at Mexico, but not either of the TS restaurants. They are all owned by the same company who owns the food service at CSR.

Hope you have a good day working at home.

Today is school work, cleaning, then theater.

Hey Tink

I am all caught up. Thanks for the update. Great pics with Princess Tiana.

I hope the rumor is true the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will open around October. We will be returning to the world April 2014 and I would love to experience this ride. It will not be open during our upcoming trip June 2013.

Glad that JJ is doing better with his meds.

We plan to have fun with SOTMK.

Great pic of Beasts Castle. I can't wait to see it in person.

Not surprised the pork shank went up in price. This always seems to happen with new products, in and out of Disney.

:goodvibes

Hey Tink

I am all caught up. Thanks for the update. Great pics with Princess Tiana.

I hope the rumor is true the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will open around October. We will be returning to the world April 2014 and I would love to experience this ride. It will not be open during our upcoming trip June 2013.

Glad that JJ is doing better with his meds.

We plan to have fun with SOTMK.

Great pic of Beasts Castle. I can't wait to see it in person.

Not surprised the pork shank went up in price. This always seems to happen with new products, in and out of Disney.

:goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for taking the time to read and post.

Thanks. Tiana is one of my favorite princesses.

That would be great it if was open for your return trip.

Thanks, hopefully he has adjusted to the meds now.

SOTMK is fun. Weekdays have the least amount of people playing. Saturdays can get crowded and backed up at the portals. The new pirate interactive should be opened by your trip too, I think.

My picture is deceiving though. The Beast's castle is very tiny. The zoom lens makes it look huge.

Almost everything in merchandising went up in price too. We've been getting our Disney t-shirts at the Walmart on Turkey Lake Rd. Much more affordable, they are Disney licensed and good quality, with great designs.

Hi!:wave2: Just checking in to see how your weekend is going. Good here! Turned back cold so we have stayed in and had a nice lazy weekend. Shane is taking his daily nap so I'm doing a little dising. We should hear on insurance in the next day or so. We have something approved so lets hope its all that his Dr needs.

Saw your post on Judys thread that you needed craft ideas for the theater fundraiser. If you they they would sell, I would love to make some mickey mouse knitted child washcloths for you to sell. I do them in red, black and pink. Just let me know.

Ill pm you my number and my schedule so we can arrange time to meet when I'm in Florida ended of the month. Looking forward to it!

Hi!:wave2: Just checking in to see how your weekend is going. Good here! Turned back cold so we have stayed in and had a nice lazy weekend. Shane is taking his daily nap so I'm doing a little dising. We should hear on insurance in the next day or so. We have something approved so lets hope its all that his Dr needs.

Saw your post on Judys thread that you needed craft ideas for the theater fundraiser. If you they they would sell, I would love to make some mickey mouse knitted child washcloths for you to sell. I do them in red, black and pink. Just let me know.

Ill pm you my number and my schedule so we can arrange time to meet when I'm in Florida ended of the month. Looking forward to it!

Our weekend was very nice, thanks for asking. I hope you had a good one too.

I saw on Judy's thread that part of the surgery was approved, but not the full surgery. I hope that changes.

That's a wonderful offer with the washcloths. I'll send you a message.

Hope it works out to meet up while you are at your conference.

Not much to update other than there are new steins like the one's at Gaston's Tavern at the Pinochio Village Haus that depict Pinocchio and Jiminy.

Also Nescafe coffee is going. I'm not much of a coffee drinker. Will drink it if I have a headache from lack of caffeine, but otherwise I skip it. Joffrey's Coffee will be its replacement. I'm sure this will make many people happy.

Not much to update other than there are new steins like the one's at Gaston's Tavern at the Pinochio Village Haus that depict Pinocchio and Jiminy.

Also Nescafe coffee is going. I'm not much of a coffee drinker. Will drink it if I have a headache from lack of caffeine, but otherwise I skip it. Joffrey's Coffee will be its replacement. I'm sure this will make many people happy.

yay for better coffee :cool1:

We got Starbuck's in Disneyland.:sad2:

what you aren't a lover of starbucks .... I do like their new Blonde, not as strong!

What I like is the Market House and they are making it into Starbucks. Some of my best memories from Disneyland as a kid was listening to the partyline phones, the checker boards and the pickles in the barrel.

We got Starbuck's in Disneyland.:sad2:

We are getting Starbucks at the Main St. Bakery. Actually the Bakery is going and Starbuck's is coming in.

what you aren't a lover of starbucks .... I do like their new Blonde, not as strong!

What is Blonde?

What I like is the Market House and they are making it into Starbucks. Some of my best memories from Disneyland as a kid was listening to the partyline phones, the checker boards and the pickles in the barrel.

That sounds like fun.

We are getting Starbucks at the Main St. Bakery. Actually the Bakery is going and Starbuck's is coming in.

What is Blonde?

That sounds like fun.

It was a lot of fun. They had a pot belly stove in the middle of the store with a table and chairs with the checkers set. The conversation on the phones that you are listening to is a couple of women gossiping. It just is a piece of America that Main Street is supposed to represent.

I know its sad when they change stuff :sad2:

What is Blonde?

That sounds like fun.

Blonde is a lighter roast coffee, not so strong

It was a lot of fun. They had a pot belly stove in the middle of the store with a table and chairs with the checkers set. The conversation on the phones that you are listening to is a couple of women gossiping. It just is a piece of America that Main Street is supposed to represent.

guess progress has to hit even old favorites

I was thinking about you today. I thought... "omg, I haven't seen anything come through from Michelle in so long. Is she writing a PTR or TR?"

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Sure enough, I somehow missed that you started a TR and a PTR!!!! Then again, maybe my subscription got lost? I have been having a hard time keeping up with dis... but to completely miss :faint::faint:

:(:worried::(:worried:

I have now sub'd to both and will have to catch up. I am so so sorry!!!! Can't wait to read all about everything!

:flower3::flower3::flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter