Come to the Dark Side...4 Weekends of Fun with the Force(Updated 11/12)

so excited you started! love all the pixie dust sprinkled for JJ :goodvibes I love that the characters and celebrities remember him year to year and for him to be in the parade is just amazing!

Sounds awesome so far!!! So much pixie dust!!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! We were very appreciative and surprised by the pixie dust.

I can't wait! JJ is such a special child!

:welcome: So glad you are here! Thanks, this was a very special time for him. He was in heaven between SWW and his play.

:welcome: Thanks for letting me know your here!

so excited you started! love all the pixie dust sprinkled for JJ :goodvibes I love that the characters and celebrities remember him year to year and for him to be in the parade is just amazing!

:welcome: And I'm excited your here and that you are excited for us. I know that Star Wars isn't really your thing, but a part of you was with us the whole time. You'll notice JJ wearing the Cars Land hat in any picture where I forgot to take it off of him. He loves it so much and wears it everywhere. It's replaced his Boba Fett hat.

Thanks for the heads up Michelle! :goodvibes Thrilled you have started and so excited to read about all of the fun and special events. :love:LOVE :love: seeing JJ's smiling face, he looks so happy. ::yes:: AMAZING Pixie Duse already! :thumbsup2

Great that JJ got to do the meet!! I think it's great how they all remember him! Love the pictures!

Thanks for the heads up Michelle! :goodvibes Thrilled you have started and so excited to read about all of the fun and special events. :love:LOVE :love: seeing JJ's smiling face, he looks so happy. ::yes:: AMAZING Pixie Duse already! :thumbsup2

:Welcome: Thanks for joining in! So glad you're here. He definitely was in his element, he was very happy. The pixie dust was incredible.

Great that JJ got to do the meet!! I think it's great how they all remember him! Love the pictures!

JJ was so excited. Thanks!

I am here!

How extremely cool that JJ got picked for the parade!!! I can't wait to read all about it.

The meet and greets sound like they were awesome too!

:
:welcome: And I'm excited your here and that you are excited for us. I know that Star Wars isn't really your thing, but a part of you was with us the whole time. You'll notice JJ wearing the Cars Land hat in any picture where I forgot to take it off of him. He loves it so much and wears it everywhere. It's replaced his Boba Fett hat.

nope its not, but learning so much from your TR's :thumbsup2
so happy JJ is loving his hat from us! means a lot that it has taken the place of his Boba Fett hat :goodvibes

Wow .. what a fantastic start !! I'm overjoyed at all the pixie dust .. but if anyone deserves it, it's JJ. He has gone through so much. :hug:

Love the pics !

We didn't get over to SWW this year .. I asked the boys if they wanted to go over and they said no. If it hadn't been at the end of our week, or if I had done better research I would have added another day .. just to do at least one day there .. but I totally didn't think of it until it was too late. :sad2:

I'm sorry that I'm just now getting around to joining in. Our internet was out this weekend and I didn't even pick up my phone since we're doing some remodeling/painting.

Wow! You guys have been sprinkled with pixie dust like crazy and it's still morning!

I am here!

How extremely cool that JJ got picked for the parade!!! I can't wait to read all about it.

The meet and greets sound like they were awesome too!

:welcome: Welcome Ann! It was totally cool.

I'm here ...

So far, it sounds like you had an amazing time

:welcome: Welcome Christeen! So glad to have you here from down under. All 4 weekends were pretty amazing.

nope its not, but learning so much from your TR's :thumbsup2
so happy JJ is loving his hat from us! means a lot that it has taken the place of his Boba Fett hat :goodvibes

Yes, and you know his prioritizing.

Loving your TR! :)

:welcome: Thank you. Glad you are here!

Wow .. what a fantastic start !! I'm overjoyed at all the pixie dust .. but if anyone deserves it, it's JJ. He has gone through so much. :hug:

Love the pics !

We didn't get over to SWW this year .. I asked the boys if they wanted to go over and they said no. If it hadn't been at the end of our week, or if I had done better research I would have added another day .. just to do at least one day there .. but I totally didn't think of it until it was too late. :sad2:

Thanks so much. He certainly has been through a lot the last 3 years. It's such a blessing to have things so wonderful that he enjoys happen. :goodvibes

I had an eye out for them. Figured they couldn't be too hard to spot if they were at DHS the same time we were.

I'm sorry that I'm just now getting around to joining in. Our internet was out this weekend and I didn't even pick up my phone since we're doing some remodeling/painting.

Wow! You guys have been sprinkled with pixie dust like crazy and it's still morning!

:welcome: No need to apologize. Glad you are here.

Yes, it wasn't even 11am yet!

Day 1: Part 3: Legends of the Force Motorcade and Celebrity Welcome

As Dolly Levi said in Hello Dolly, “You go your way and I’ll go mine.” We set off in different directions only to end up at the same place. Goofy and Anakin were corralled at Sounds Dangerous. I set off to find the special viewing area by the hat.

I asked a cm near the hat where to go. She pointed over to the other side of the hat. I found where to go and was the fourth parent there. The other moms were friendly and we were all excited for our children. This area quickly filled up with more family members. I was straddling our big back pack to try to have it take up less room and leave more room for family members.

As parade time drew near, we could all feel the heat from the direct sun. I realized I had one of JJ’s two air conditioners. I turned it on and aimed it at my face. It felt so good. The rest of my body was sweltering, but not my face, lol. There were so many people behind me at this point. I am not a tall person, but I felt badly for them. There was one other mother sitting and I followed her lead so that people behind us could see better. Several others did as well.

There were some characters on the stage getting the audience ready for the motorcade. They told corney jokes and came out on the street.

Meanwhile, JJ and dh were doing their thing. It began with rules and instructions for the motorcade. Next they followed the leader backstage near 50’s PTC. Here the kids were given jedi robes and lightsabers. The kids were sent under a tented waiting area. The 501st was already there in full costume. All characters were in full costume too. Parents were not allowed to take any pictures back stage.

At some point in all this, Ashley Eckstein walked by and JJ said hello. She went over to him said hello, gave him a hug, and apologized for not coming to his play. He said it was ok. He was thrilled to see her and even more happy that she stopped by to talk. Some of the parents asked dh who she was. He explained that she was one of the co-hosts of Star Wars Weekends.

She certainly didn’t have to stop by or apologize. As I’ve said in other PRT/TR, our family thinks the world of her and her husband. They both have fantastic memories, treat each fan with the utmost respect, are down to earth and have hearts of gold. I cannot say enough good things about the two of them.

By now, the kids were moved to their spot in the parade. The hosts on the event stage took their places. The gates were opened. The motorcade began.

My first glimpse of the kids behind Jedi Mickey was on the big screen of the event stage.

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/lovethattink/media/SWW 2013 Day1/SWW Motorcade/DSC_0834.jpg.html

Legends of the Force Motorcade

I had planned on putting in the rest of the parade pictures, but JJ had a few of his choking episodes yesterday. And we had to deal with those. He wishes they would stop. As do I. They are a bit unnerving and annoying to all of us.

The wheelchair for the parade was his decision. While he was with dh, he said he had a headache and felt lightheaded and dizzy. He wasn't sure if he was nervous about the parade or having an aura for a seizure. Dh suggested they forget the parade, a cm said they could do the parade another day. He was determined the motorcade was going to happen, and he chose to use the wheel chair. He drank plenty of fluid back stage and had his air conditioner on him the whole time.

This next member of the 501st has a really good blog article about her experience in the motorcade on Starwars.com

Great photos! you got some wonderful shots Tink!
love that Ashley came up to see JJ, she does sound like a wonderful lady!
you can just see the happiness in JJ's face...Goofy's too! those are two happy guys :goodvibes
I even recognize some of the characters from the original movies...Ewoks were always my favorite, they are so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter