Come to the Dark Side...4 Weekends of Fun with the Force(Updated 11/12)

You could start a new TR for the parties....

Not in to SW as you know, but not in to the parties either. :confused3

I hope OT went well today as well as rehearsal. the show is next week, :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Just about everyone who posts here is a fb friend so I could easily put the pics up there. However, maybe something I'd write would help someone else with planning their trip?

OT and rehearsal went well.

Today is another trip to the dentist to get more teeth pulled. One fell out on it's own, so I think it's just one more to go?

This next week will be very busy. Practice is Mon, Tues, Wed, preview show Thurs, and show on Friday.

We also have to figure out our insurance for next year. Looks like it's going to go up $100 more a paycheck. OUCH.

I love how you can do things like the parties on a spur of the moment like that (I know some do sell out but still). I'm so glad you guys were able to map out a strategy and that it worked!

Can we hope that they extend it a weekend or two so we can go? :rotfl2: But I'll be happy to just be going again. At least you'll be going some. Can't wait to see pictures from the parties you've attended so far.

Yes, it's nice to have the flexibility and the proximity to do that!

Can't wait for your trip!

That is so cool! I am glad you had a good time. :goodvibes

I am sorry that JJ got overheated on his last day of SWW, but it certainly sounds as if it was a good day nonetheless!!!

Overheating is par for the course. This happens when he plays too. He also has problems when he laughs heartily. So we're forced to keep things pretty serious around here. His OT was heart broken when he had problems after laughing and having fun on the swing there. She said if nothing else, she wants to be able to fix that. She said that's her personal goal, him playing and having fun without having issues of ticks or seizures.

Good luck at the dentist today :goodvibes yay that one fell out on its own!

yikes that is a busy week, know JJ will have a wonderful time! bummed we won't be able to see him perform :sad1:

will touch base with you about our plans next week :thumbsup2

Good luck at the dentist today :goodvibes yay that one fell out on its own!

yikes that is a busy week, know JJ will have a wonderful time! bummed we won't be able to see him perform :sad1:

will touch base with you about our plans next week :thumbsup2

The dentist went well. He was a real trooper. He said he sang a song in his head the entire time. Singing to himself that there was no pain.

He is doing great now. The Novocain is wearing off, but he says it doesn't hurt. There is one more tooth we have to keep an eye on. He goes back to the dentist in December.

Woohoo!! Have you seen them before?

We did not make it to the Osborne Lights last night. JJ wanted to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom so we stopped by the MK. The park was empty. We didn't realize it was a party night. I texted back and forth with moodyzblu and while she and the boys went early to DHS, we ended up staying all night at MK and buying party tickets. MVMCP rocks!!

ETA: This was our first MVMCP in possibly a decade. It was the perfect night with such low crowd levels and perfect weather.

We have back in 2008.

:thumbsup2 Glad you had a great time.

Sad he got sick had to leave but it seemed like a great few weekends. I love SWW but only been once.

They had so much fun together!

I saw that shirt!!! It's a great shirt, but what a teaser....coming soon.

Is this the first year they are doing Jingle Cruise? We're excited to try it.

I hope things are going well for you? JJ had a pretty good week. 2 full days without any issues. We'll take that!

It's the first time I've heard about Jingle Cruise, but I'm not 100% sure. I did see a YouTube video that was posted here that was really cute.

I'm doing very well! Thank you for asking!! :goodvibes I'm glad JJ is having good days! I've been praying for him. And I am SO glad the dentist went okay.

I love that JJ said SWW is his favorite season at Disney! I know I would totally feel the same way if I went, but I just can't handle the heat and the crowds... and I felt that way BEFORE the MS diagnosis! Now it's completely out of the question.

His interactions with Ashley are awesome. I love reading all the trip reports on here, but this one really helped restore my faith in people. I clicked on it because of the title, but that's not the only thing that kept me reading it! :goodvibes

It's the first time I've heard about Jingle Cruise, but I'm not 100% sure. I did see a YouTube video that was posted here that was really cute.

I'm doing very well! Thank you for asking!! :goodvibes I'm glad JJ is having good days! I've been praying for him. And I am SO glad the dentist went okay.

I love that JJ said SWW is his favorite season at Disney! I know I would totally feel the same way if I went, but I just can't handle the heat and the crowds... and I felt that way BEFORE the MS diagnosis! Now it's completely out of the question.

His interactions with Ashley are awesome. I love reading all the trip reports on here, but this one really helped restore my faith in people. I clicked on it because of the title, but that's not the only thing that kept me reading it! :goodvibes

Woohoo!!! So glad you are doing very well. Love that very in there!

Thanks so much for praying for him. I appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts. I know they are making a difference. I've been praying for you as well.

I wish it was possible for you to enjoy SWW. The heat and crowds are brutal. JJ would never make it on his own then. Not walking, being loaded down with ice and hand held air conditioning, and our quick getaways to air conditioned buildings make that possible.

On Day 12 of SWW, I was with JJ at his all day tech rehearsal, but dh spent another day solo at the park. He said there was a woman who was obviously getting treatment for cancer. She was behind him in line for one of the shows in the Premiere Theater. Her caregiver asked if she could wait inside the doors in the air conditioning. They were told no. Their spot was in the hot sun. DH moved out of his spot in the shade so that this woman could take his spot. Someone else had the audacity to cut in line and claim it. My husband is usually pretty quiet and doesn't like confrontation, but he firmly told the person who cut in that he was making room for this other person. That person moved and this woman at least got a spot in the shade. Though with high temps and humidity, shade doesn't make that much of a difference, it's still super hot. But cooler than in the direct sun.

Such kind words you have to say about this TR. :goodvibes That's very sweet to say. I'm so glad you kept reading. People are only human and chances are at some point in time they'll let you down. The only thing that hasn't ever let me down was my hope and faith in God. It's always seemed that when one person let me down, there was another person place in my life...at just the right time...at just the right place who said or did just the right thing that made all the difference in the world!

Hopefully you will follow along on our next adventure too. I got some of the pictures downloaded and will soon be ready to start a new one. Keep your eye out for Every Day's a Holiday! The title is a castle show that used to be at WDW. Here's a video I found on youtube of that show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeNZhFHCPSc from 1997.

We have back in 2008.

:thumbsup2 Glad you had a great time.

Sad he got sick had to leave but it seemed like a great few weekends. I love SWW but only been once.

Was that before or after the stunt show started. Prior to the stunt show, the Christmas lights took over the whole back lot and all those houses that were back there were decorated for Christmas. Those years were my favorite! The lights are still incredible, don't get me wrong, but now they are impressive in a totally different manner.

It was a fantastic four weekends. His bad moments are par for the course. Heat is a definite challenge as is something new or changed, etc. It's a part of who he is. We'll just continue to keep doing Disney differently and having a blast we go along!

Neither can I!! And I booked it!!!!

Glad the dentist went well today. Hope the next appointment does too.

Woohoo!

The next appointment will be just a cleaning. But they are keeping an eye on another tooth that is going to have to go, but has a very deep root. In 6 months or so, he will probably be back in braces. He was truly blessed the first time around. He only had them on for 2 months and his bite got totally corrected because the timing was perfect. He had all new teeth growing in up top in the front and the braces helped them go to just the right spot. His top teeth use to go behind his bottom teeth.

happy the dentist appt went well! way to go JJ keeping yourself calm!

getting final prep done this weekend, can't believe this time next week we will be in WDW :cheer2: after two long years of planning its finally here ::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

happy the dentist appt went well! way to go JJ keeping yourself calm!

getting final prep done this weekend, can't believe this time next week we will be in WDW :cheer2: after two long years of planning its finally here ::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

It's countdown time! See you and Megan soon!

I have started a new PTR/TR. Here is the link! Every Day's a Holiday I hope to see you all there!

I'd like to thank everyone who has been a part of this trip report. It's four weekends that will always be remembered. Thank you all for reading, lurking, posting. I've appreciated your support and prayers through the months. I've also appreciated all the talented and awesome cm, celebrities, 501st, Rebel Legion, Star Wars fans, etc. who make SSW as wonderful as it is. Thank you all!

Woohoo!

The next appointment will be just a cleaning. But they are keeping an eye on another tooth that is going to have to go, but has a very deep root. In 6 months or so, he will probably be back in braces. He was truly blessed the first time around. He only had them on for 2 months and his bite got totally corrected because the timing was perfect. He had all new teeth growing in up top in the front and the braces helped them go to just the right spot. His top teeth use to go behind his bottom teeth.

I know I couldn't be more excited!!!

Hope the tooth doesn't have to go anytime soon. Lucky he only had to spend 2 months in braces (I spent 2 years but that was still a lot less time than a lot of people I know). Hope the next time is short too.

Heading to the new trip report!!

I know I couldn't be more excited!!!

Hope the tooth doesn't have to go anytime soon. Lucky he only had to spend 2 months in braces (I spent 2 years but that was still a lot less time than a lot of people I know). Hope the next time is short too.

Heading to the new trip report!!

His next set of braces will be longer in duration. His new teeth are growing in so very crooked. He actually liked wearing them. He liked the deep pressure they exerted. Hopefully it will be the same next go around.

He goes back to the orthodontist every 6 months.

Saw you there, thanks!

Was that before or after the stunt show started. Prior to the stunt show, the Christmas lights took over the whole back lot and all those houses that were back there were decorated for Christmas. Those years were my favorite! The lights are still incredible, don't get me wrong, but now they are impressive in a totally different manner.

after

Oh, ok. They are so concentrated in such a small area. The sheer volume of them is very impressive. Back before the stunt show, they used the houses and the lights were all spread out over a large area.

I started posting my Christmas pictures from Disney in my new TR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter