Come over - A Perfectly Pompous TR (Updated: Boarding pass from the pool please!)

Love the TR and pics so far, can not wait to read and see more, our trip is not till November so I need my Disney fix until then :rotfl:

Too funny Kathy. This is like a varsity bball player meeting LeBron James!!! ( or for me Baron Davis.)

You see that giraffe that doesn't move and the blurred background. It's because of you. I whined and whined about your pictures to a professional photographer. I linked your TR. I was SO JEALOUS. I said look at these pictures! Look at how stunningly beautiful they are. How does she do that? I don't know anything. Sulk. Sulk. Whine. Whine. Whine mixed with tons of envy. I think I even forgot to pop on and say how much I ADORED your photos.

And after he agreed how lovely your pictures are - well he told me that you are very skilled at focused subjects with soft backgrounds. Or something like that. :rotfl2: And he told me to put my camera on "sports" or "portrait" and zoom right at an object up close and I can do it.

Let's just say some days I wanted to whip the camera many times. Patience isn't exactly my virtue. I can't imagine if I actually had to focus the camera or choose some shutter speed. :rolleyes1

So thanks Kathy. :goodvibes

What a nice compliment Lisa - Thank you! And you're a very quick study - an excellent job on the giraffe!! And I liked your using that effect on your friend too - when she is looking out from the balcony.

Now that trip report would be the one that I never finished and keep telling myself I need to complete?! :rolleyes1

100_5233.jpg

This is an AWESOME photo. Looking forward to "the rest of the trip".

So where were we.....:confused3

Oh yeah waiting for my Value room that became a Savanna room - yes that's it. :love:

There was someone being trained at check-in and I pretty well sold her out by accident. They said nothing was ready and then when she gave me our map I saw a room number. So I go, "Oh it IS ready?" and she pulls back the paper but of course it was burned onto my brain. And I made her manager swear over and over that she wasn't going to get yelled at after we left.

And they made us swear we wouldn't stalk the room.

No, not us. :rotfl2:

So it's early early early - like 7 something. A ridiculous hour- and ridiculous people are cheery and happy and bouncy all around us. Whatever. popcorn:: Maybe an AP or any kind of park pass is my ticket to early morning happiness. I seriously doubt it. But if any of you want to give my one to test the theory out - feel free. :goodvibes

So parent's BCV check-in. My mind is on my two bus - yes I'm still bitter and let's not forget I can't exactly sneak through Epcot - run over there and I realize it's BCV what are the chances that they weren't at capacity the night before. On a Saturday.

ZERO.

It's BCV. Yes THAT BCV. ;):laughing: The one that went insane on resale in 2005 or 2006. Remember that insane climb? You would think SAB ran right through the lobby or something.

100_5315.jpg

I phone the actual BCV front desk (it's called the back office by the way) and they confirm no rooms. So we take our time.

As we go to leave our room is ready. READY!!!!:dance3: It's so early. Like ten or something. I find out later why. Remind me to tell you. We run up there and the AKL manager is in the room. Asks us if we need anything and Jean says, "yes four more chairs for our family breakfast" :scared1:. But without skipping a beat the manager says no problem and gives us her card.

So I do what I said I wouldn't do. I was determined not to do.

MORE ANIMAL PICTURES. :rolleyes: I took a boatload when Kidani first opened. But Savanna view - CJ is there waiting for us - yes a lovely DISer gave us his name - how could I resist.

100_5338.jpg

This one isn't that interesting but it shows CJ. So you'll know who I'm talking about when I say "she's yelling out at CJ AGAIN. She thinks he's a pet".

100_5341.jpg

I lost most of my Savanna shots with the picture card breakdown.

Yes big boy I'm taking your picture - look pretty:

100_5294.jpg

The ostriches had us laughing and laughing. When the trucks come around everyone moves. Everyone.

Not big bird. Nope. Nosy little you know whats. Head in the truck - instantly. :laughing:

Okay where are we at this point - we're off to book my parents in. Yes I double booked my name. :3dglasses

I'm in, sitting cozy in my chair, waiting for my WDW fix.

Is that legal? popcorn:::goodvibes

Fabulous trip report Lisa - absolutely inspired photography! Your enthusiasm & joy is wonderfully contagious - I'm undone!

Best wishes,
David

Thanks David. Sweet. :goodvibes

Great TR. i can't wait to read and see more.

Thanks for reading Disney Spaz. Born in the sixties/late fifties? :lmao: Spaz.

What a wonderful TR so far. I am in the same boat. My son (10) has his last basketball game today and they won only one game so far. :sad1:

This upcoming trip in May will definitely cheer him up.:rotfl:

Can't wait to read the rest.

Okay, first of all - lucky you. Disney is not the most magical place on earth. You live in it. Lucky, lucky you.

Here's my hommage to NYC at Christmas.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356174

And my summer NYC escape is at the end of this TR.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2275998

Sighing on the one game. That's a killer. Here's to a win today. :goodvibes

Love the TR and pics so far, can not wait to read and see more, our trip is not till November so I need my Disney fix until then :rotfl:

Where in November? Great time of year.

Keep it going... this is cracking me up :lmao:

Thanks TagsMissy. :3dglasses

Love your writing style! I am in!:cool1:

Thank you BigEeyore.

What a nice compliment Lisa - Thank you! And you're a very quick study - an excellent job on the giraffe!! And I liked your using that effect on your friend too - when she is looking out from the balcony.

Now that trip report would be the one that I never finished and keep telling myself I need to complete?! :rolleyes1

Well guru -your pics inspire me to no end.

And thank you.

This is an AWESOME photo. Looking forward to "the rest of the trip".

Thanks kid at heart. I like it as well.

Well not really :lmao: but Mike's name seems to bring on the crowd.( :goodvibes Mike!)

So I'm mooching and using and feeling no guilt. popcorn:: And by the way I can hold pompous for about - hmmm - five seconds.....

.....So for anyone who reads my TR knows we usually drive. And that we usually sleep in a Walmart parking lot.

Summersville WV is one of my personal favs. :lmao:

Yes in a car - with layers of clothing - it's not exactly balmy in March at night halfway down the route - sleep beside the gorgeous RVs - just to torment ourselves more. :rotfl: And yes I own DVC paid in full and sleep in Walmart parking lots. Mind your own business. :lmao: :rotfl:;);)

...So down the 79 we head. I mourn my 79/US19/77 WV drive into VA and down the mountain into NC. HEAVEN. :cloud9: Oh the view of that descent. And WV fuels my soul. Although the white steel crosses makes me feel like quite the sinner.

:lmao: You are cracking me up! I grew up in WV - just off I-79 - at mile marker #110 to be exact... Sounds like you took scenic route! And them crosses.... they're everywhere!! But I got out back in '84 so my brain is only slightly fried - I just go back to visit my family every few months...but your narrative nails it!:rotfl2:

We're going down this Fri. nite...staying at Kidani...really can't wait after reading your TR now!! No offense, but hoping for a few less adventures on the way than what you had!

Have fun...

I'm loving this...and that pic of you, just beautiful.

We don't need no stinkin' Mike! (don't tell him I said that...;))

LisaViolet:

I am really enjoying your TR.

I'm hooked!!!

Thanks Mickey'sApprentice. :goodvibes

:lmao: You are cracking me up! I grew up in WV - just off I-79 - at mile marker #110 to be exact... Sounds like you took scenic route! And them crosses.... they're everywhere!! But I got out back in '84 so my brain is only slightly fried - I just go back to visit my family every few months...but your narrative nails it!:rotfl2:

We're going down this Fri. nite...staying at Kidani...really can't wait after reading your TR now!! No offense, but hoping for a few less adventures on the way than what you had!

Have fun...

Oh boy. How I love West Virginia. Lucky you. So breathtakingly beautiful. First of all, the people are so incredibly sweet in general. And I never feel any vibe when Jean and I walk around together (racism). I only mention that because there is one state where I can literally feel it in the air. I should just shut up. It's a lovely state - and home for many a lovely DISer - but it's an unsaid feeling that I pick up right away - sighing - just an energy.

We have had such laughs in WV. Such fun Annie.

First - our March Break - province wide. Ontario travellers love that route 90/79/US19 (to avoid Charleston, WV tolls :lmao:)/77/26/95.

It is an absolute convoy. I swear. It cracks me up because - I'm not exagerating - every third car is from Ontario on the interstates. We actually saw a colleague somewhere near Oak Hill passing by us in his car.

We waved. :rotfl:

Now the funny. Well two funnies. Our CAA (AAA for us) sends out special little sheets highlighting the danger of the 19 through Summersville. They warn all Canadian drivers of intense crackdown on speeding and their choice of ramification (I have no idea what this means but it sure makes me curious). It cracks me up to no end. Some CMs actually say "not worth it" or "oh no stay on the 79 to the 77" or "do you know the issue on the 19?" to you as you give in your Triptik route.

So what do we do - we do the speed limit as soon as we make the turn and like demonic little girls point out the vans (they're always vans :lmao: - we love our vans) that are going down. And going down hard.

And it never fails. Miles ahead. Troopers nail them. It's a very entertaining road trip game. Very. The 19 is so much fun!

Okay, second funny. One time - not realizing the altitude in that part of WV -it can be deceiving - Jean says "hey it's kind of early for a barbeque". And I say "what?" and she repeats it. And I'm thinking what is she talking about? And then it hits me

:rotfl::lmao:

I said, "they're clouds ding dong". Every year - including this year we laugh and laugh about that zinger.

Oh my little WV - how I love thee. I get POed if I'm through Bluefield at night. It wrecks everything for me.

Have fun on your trip Annie.

I'm loving this...and that pic of you, just beautiful.

Muushka - there are no pictures of me. :laughing: But I'll tell her. It is lovely.

As for Mr. Mike. Oh boy - thank goodness we have WDW brought home to us so often.

In fact, DVC Mike is very lucky I had my car drama the first night. I was intent on stalking the poor man on his last night. My dream shot was to take a picture of him taking a picture.

Wouldn't that have been something? Funny for his TR, eh? "Well my last night I was stalked by this strange woman. I had to phone securityl"

Where in November? Great time of year.

We have a 1 bdrm value villa booked @ AKL and can't wait ! :cool1:

Silly me! Oh well, it is still a great picture!

I can't miss the rest of this report!

We interrupt this trip report for an important bulletin!

What we can only call a cousin of the rodent has somehow infiltrated Canadian security (no smart _____ comments necessary popcorn::) and arrived on Canadian soil. Don't let his cute look fool you. This boy is pure evil. PURE EVIL.:scared1:.

Heck he's not even that cute when you look at him. And look very closely at the picture - he walks with a shadow. EVIL. Be gone. Back to the States. I demand his immediate extradition.

100_5696.jpg

And by the way he goes by Reester Bunny but we all know it's really Beelzbub wrapped in foil.

American bunny stay away from me
American bunny just let me be
Don't come hanging around my store
I don't want to see your ears no more
I got more important things to do
Then spend my time growin' fat with you
Now bunny, stay away
American bunny listen what I say

Yes I need sleep. :rotfl2: And Reese to stop taunting me. I hate free trade.

Trip Report - next up: DVC members worst nightmare will be arriving momentarily. popcorn::

Oh my goodness, I don't know how in the world I missed your trip report these last couple of days!! I'm lovin' every freakin' hysterical line - keep it comin'. :rotfl2:

Thanks for reading Disney Spaz. Born in the sixties/late fifties? :lmao: Spaz.

Actually 1973. But a spirt of the late fifties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter