Come over - A Perfectly Pompous TR (Updated: Boarding pass from the pool please!)

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
Well not really :lmao: but Mike's name seems to bring on the crowd.( :goodvibes Mike!)

So I'm mooching and using and feeling no guilt. popcorn:: (EDIT: the original title mentioned TR king DVC Mike) And by the way I can hold pompous for about - hmmm - five seconds.

Warning: I'm in an absolutely foul mood. So many of my pictures are damaged - a la the one below - or failing to even load. You know teasing you on the camera but not there on the computer. Serves me right for not buying another picture card. It did this for my NYC trip and almost sent me to the dark side when some of my favourites were damaged.

Of course they're never the crappy pictures. Of course.

This was one of my favourites. If not my favourite. Yes I realize I'm having a semi breakdown over a picture. And a picture of WDW ducks no less. :lmao: Oh well.

100_5333.jpg

So pre-show.

Just before leaving we went to my nephew's championship bball game - reving up for March Madness.

They're not the green team. :rolleyes1

100_5163.jpg

They lost. By two.

And this picture says it all. I don't care what anyone says - losing - it just SUCKS. BIG TIME! I didn't even try to cheer him up with WDW is within hours.

100_5172.jpg

So for anyone who reads my TR knows we usually drive. And that we usually sleep in a Walmart parking lot.

Summersville WV is one of my personal favs. :lmao:

Yes in a car - with layers of clothing - it's not exactly balmy in March at night halfway down the route - sleep beside the gorgeous RVs - just to torment ourselves more. :rotfl: And yes I own DVC paid in full and sleep in Walmart parking lots. Mind your own business. :lmao: :rotfl:;);)

But looky here. Look at THIS Walmart parking lot!

100_5187.jpg

Scored it on Priceline's "name your own price". And boy did I name it. Four Points Sheraton. I'm addicted to that little roulette game. ADDICTED. Love it. It's my personal little computer game.

And we flew! WE FLEW!!! From Pittsburgh. :lmao: I'm laughing because not from Toronto (they kill us with taxes) - not from Buffalo (they know we're all coming and prices go nuts for our March Break) but from Pittsburgh (lovely small intimate airport though :lovestruc). Pittsburgh always stays low. I ADORE flying. And I ADORE road trips. Such a toss up.

So down the 79 we head. I mourn my 79/US19/77 WV drive into VA and down the mountain into NC. HEAVEN. :cloud9: Oh the view of that descent. And WV fuels my soul. Although the white steel crosses makes me feel like quite the sinner.

But someone was looking after us because there was severe flooding in WV that day.

Lord I don't know why I'm writing a novel here. I usually am all pics and few words in TRs. Hmmmm.

Excuse me while I talk to myself. :lmao:

Back to regular programming.....

So get this. The rest of my clan was booked on a lovely late morning direct flight. Arriving in midday sun. Five of them. Booked by me. I was on a late night flight. Arriving in Florida "cold". Booked by me. :rolleyes1 Why? I wanted to cheer on my DIS friends in the WDW marathon the weekend before and couldn't figure it out and by the time I decided I couldn't swing it their flight had gone from $89 to $241. :scared1:

But I'm smart. I was not going to spend my day in the PIT airport. Nope. Let me figure this out. Snagged standby on an earlier flight and got in around dinner.

Arrived to this lovely Jambo Standard studio view for the first night before our Value one bedroom.

100_5213.jpg

But I arrived to some disappointment that night..... popcorn::

Hi Lisa :wave:

I love your trip report! Too funny. Have a great time and continue the pomposity!

PS that is a great duck picture. And sorry about the sad nephew. Hopefully Mickey is cheering him up.:goodvibes

Great start and glad you made it there. We will be staying in Jambo Savanna view studio in June.

Sorry to hear about your nephew’s BB loss. When my daughter loses a game I always tell her in a loud voice, “Some days you eat the bear and some days the bear eats you, but always dress for the hunt! Kungaloosh.” (From the Adventures’ Club) The other parents look at me strangely for some reason.

I am in and waiting for more.

Hi Lisa :wave:

I love your trip report! Too funny. Have a great time and continue the pomposity!

PS that is a great duck picture. And sorry about the sad nephew. Hopefully Mickey is cheering him up.:goodvibes

Hi Muushka!!!:lovestruc

Mickey did not cheer him up. He was at Westgate. ;)

But WDW carrot cake, Kidani water play and texting his peeps back home sure did.

:thumbsup2Im in!!

Love it!

Hi Liferbabe. :goodvibes Thank you.

The other parents look at me strangely for some reason.

:lmao:

Great start. Can't wait to read more! Enjoy your trip.

I always follow your trip reports lisaviolet! :goodvibes No need to toss names around for that to happen! Can't wait for the rest.

Your Jambo pool pictures looks so odd! I still can't get used to the bottom color change.

Have fun!

Wow Lisa, quite a following!:goodvibes

We want more......

We want more......

So when there are multiple families I always end up booking everything. Ie. Lisa get me a hotel for the airport - Lisa, I think we need to book a car blah blah blah.

But this time I SCORED with all the bookings. Lovely airport hotels for peanuts. One gave free parking for the entire time away even though I played Priceline instead of the sleep and fly. We got my parents BCV with the magic no one has priority under seven day window. It's been like a pot of gold for me over the years. They were at SSR before the snag.

I didn't think I would be booking a car. But after hours of working the codes I got a mid size - for one family -for eight days for $180 total. So I thought hmmm and worked a few more codes and got us an economy for $160. Quite satisying. And within budget.

Oh Lord - this is getting wordy. I think I'll add some random pictures to reduce boredom.

A BCV regular.

100_5282.jpg

So everyone is covered. It's midday last Saturday and I decide to go to the airport early to see if I can get standby and not waste a full day. . Yes, thank you Airtran - they get me on standby and I walk the PIT airport a hundred times before going to the standby game play area. :laughing: The plane before us to Fort Lauderdale was quite entertaining. :surfweb: Really made time go quickly.

Everyone has boarded. And a woman comes to the desk and starts arguing that she doesn't care about this or that - she is getting on that plane. Good for her. And poor airline employee. And lousy computer systems. You see as I was getting my standby pass she was at check-in buying a last minute plane ticket.

But something didn't register about her purchase and the plane was full.

She made her point and the ariline CM shouts to the gate "Get the standby off. He's 11F."

Get the standby off?!?!? Oh no. :scared1: Poor man. Can you imagine? You win the standby lottery. Board the plane. It's full. You're all strapped in ready for your time in the sun. All peaceful and happy. And then they come for you. :lmao: And drag you off the happy plane in full view. :rotfl: Brings back beautiful memories of a flight back from Vancouver where the cops came for someone while we all sat there waiting and waiting to get off. They told us there was a weather issue. :rolleyes1 Do they forget we have windows? :lmao:

So off he comes as he passes the ticket holding vacation wrecking passenger. Poor ting!!!!:rotfl:

I'm not feeling the standby at this point. :rolleyes1

With five minutes to departure we get the magic words for our flight. Standbys - you're all on! YES!!!!:thumbsup2

I get to ME and I'm on my way.

Or so I thought. There are times when it's not good to be so knowlegable about Disney property. This was one of them. I saw where the ME bus got off. I know where AKL is. MILK RUN. I'm on a milk run. Last stop.

But I'm here.

I've got a car. I have no park passes but because I got the car we decide to add the QSDP at the last minute. A dining plan! Never have had a dining plan. Did free with CRO the first year of DVC. But never with DVC. Yeah!

I'm thrilled to arrive. Just ecstatic.

And I get the news.

We have no car. No car that was cheap. No car that was worked on for hours and hours. No car that is pivotal to the dining plan from the suburban location of AKL. NO CAR!!!! Yes, I'm a tad POed. :3dglasses

I wish I had a picture for this emotion. But my face would have been scary. I was exhausted from the airport all day start to my trip. NO CAR.

Why? Jean didn't know her license had expired.

Oh boy. I've had plenty of no car WDW vacations. But not at AKL and not with no park passes and a dining plan. :dance3:

Let's just say the vacation was a memorable one. :rotfl:

And the funniest part was I had this constant nagging - and I'm not a planner - to change from AKV for at least a month. Couldn't shake it. I suppose this is why. Every other location is better than it for no car and no passes but oodles of DDP credits.

But I got over it.

Woke up to the lovely AKV.

100_5225.jpg

100_5259.jpg

100_5248.jpg

Looks like a profile in the window, eh? Those windows never get old. I told myself no more animal pics, no more AKL window pics, no more BW pics. Failed. :goodvibes

100_5238.jpg

It's very early. This is what she does while I amuse myself around the resorts.

100_5224.jpg

Unless I force her into modeling.

100_5250.jpg

100_5233.jpg

We checked into our Value - ummm I mean Value Savanna (yes snagged it!!!!) - and waited for it to be released.

100_5220.jpg

100_5261.jpg

100_5222.jpg

100_5253.jpg

Okay so we're waiting and I find a panoramic selection on my camera. I know very little about photography but even less about my camera. :laughing: So before I share this shot please know I am smart - it was very early - and daylight savings at that. :lmao:

RED-DEE?

100_5252.jpg

:lmao::rotfl:

I did get it. :rolleyes1popcorn:: From our first night studio while we waited.

100_5272.jpg

What a lovely resort.

Don't even ask what I did with this chair to get this shot. Insert smile.

100_5273.jpg

This giraffe never moved. Strange.

100_5243.jpg

Great start. Can't wait to read more! Enjoy your trip.

Well it's finished. :sad2: But thank you.

I always follow your trip reports lisaviolet! :goodvibes No need to toss names around for that to happen! Can't wait for the rest.

Your Jambo pool pictures looks so odd! I still can't get used to the bottom color change.

Have fun!

Too funny Kathy. This is like a varsity bball player meeting LeBron James!!! ( or for me Baron Davis.)

You see that giraffe that doesn't move and the blurred background. It's because of you. I whined and whined about your pictures to a professional photographer. I linked your TR. I was SO JEALOUS. I said look at these pictures! Look at how stunningly beautiful they are. How does she do that? I don't know anything. Sulk. Sulk. Whine. Whine. Whine mixed with tons of envy. I think I even forgot to pop on and say how much I ADORED your photos.

And after he agreed how lovely your pictures are - well he told me that you are very skilled at focused subjects with soft backgrounds. Or something like that. :rotfl2: And he told me to put my camera on "sports" or "portrait" and zoom right at an object up close and I can do it.

Let's just say some days I wanted to whip the camera many times. Patience isn't exactly my virtue. I can't imagine if I actually had to focus the camera or choose some shutter speed. :rolleyes1

So thanks Kathy. :goodvibes

OK, I'll bite....keep it up!

Thanks franandaj.

Looking forward to more!

Thanks for coming on over.

Wow Lisa, quite a following!:goodvibes

Oh Muushka we all know it's straight manipulation with a sweetening of DVC Mike. :lmao: ;)

I am here and can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Thanks kamikazecat. :goodvibes

Fabulous trip report Lisa - absolutely inspired photography! Your enthusiasm & joy is wonderfully contagious - I'm undone!

Best wishes,
David

What a wonderful TR so far. I am in the same boat. My son (10) has his last basketball game today and they won only one game so far. :sad1:

This upcoming trip in May will definitely cheer him up.:rotfl:

Can't wait to read the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter