Columbia Harbor House

allisonswonderland

DIS Veteran
I have seen some great reviews about this counter service place- I always walk past and mean to eat there, but never do- I will be at Disney on Monday- the next Tuesday. What do you all think? Is this place that great? Are the chicken strips like the ones all over the park or more like the fish and chips and the CS in UK

We love Columbia Harbor House. It is a must do restaurant each time. We love the fish and chips.

A must do for us, love the atmosphere and location. Food is always fresh and plenty, be sure to sit upstairs with a view of The Haunted Mansion.

They have a pretty good salad. We didn't do the upstairs seating, but it's probably quieter up there than it is downstairs. I hope to eat there again someday!

We love Columbia Harbor House - just found this one last fall. We always get a sandwich and the bread is delicious. Our kids like the sandwiches better than what they offer for kids meals though.

We eat here at least twice each trip. Fish is yumm, DH eats the chicken strips. Now last trip I tried the ham sandwich with the broccoli slaw on it, my goodness it was good!
We have never had a bad meal here and there is lots of seating. If you don't have to drag along a stroller there is quieter seating upstairs. I never even knew it was there till last trip, it was a nice place to get away from the crowds...

Bev

They serve their clam chowder in a bread bowl and man is it goooooooood! :thumbsup2

One word of advice, try to eat around 11 a.m, after that it gets so crowded in there you may not find a seat.

Unfortunately, the Columbia House no longer serves soup or chili in a bread bowl.
the soup is still good, but not as good without the breadbowl.

I really like the tuna sandwich here.
I usually eat here about once per trip.
never had the chicken fingers, but everything else is pretty good to eat.

Ber sure to eat upstairs: seems less crowded. and nice views out the windows.

cdntourguide said:
Unfortunately, the Columbia House no longer serves soup or chili in a bread bowl.
the soup is still good, but not as good without the breadbowl.
Guess that shows how long it's been since I had their clam chowder. :blush:
I do love their chicken strips though.

One of the best counter service restaurants in MK. LOVE the tuna sandwich and the fish n chips.

Last year they had a heavenly apple pie. It was the best I had in all of WDW. We also ate upstairs and we agree, it is much quieter if you eat early.

Try it!

I tried it for the first time in December, while on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I look forward to going back again in September - it was great.

Save the Chicken strips for another CS place because there is so many other things to get here that you can't elsewhere :teeth:

Our favorite is that Tuna Sandwich. WOW! great on a hot day. That bread is so yummy!

We too just walked pasted this place in the past until this past September. We took the Keys Tour and on that tour you stop to have lunch there. It's great, I have planned to have lunch there again come October '06. I just love the tuna sandwich and we dine upstairs, it's nice and quiet there.

allisonswonderland said:
I have seen some great reviews about this counter service place- I always walk past and mean to eat there, but never do- I will be at Disney on Monday- the next Tuesday. What do you all think? Is this place that great? Are the chicken strips like the ones all over the park or more like the fish and chips and the CS in UK

We never miss CHH. Upstairs is a quiet getaway from the hustle and bustle of the MK. The chicken strips are the same as everywhere else according to DS who lives on chicken strips. I prefer the salad with pineapple, feta cheese and chicken, or the tuna salad. The only place to find Harry Ramsden's F&C are at the UK in Epcot- those are the best on property, IMO. CHH are different, though not bad either.

After passing it a bazillion times, we finally tried it last year (it was lunch for the KTTK tour). Now we're in love! It's great and we love the atmosphere as well. DBF already asked if we could eat there as our first CS. :thumbsup2

This is one of my favourite CS restaurants. I always get the clam chowder and veggie sandwich :love:

allisonswonderland said:

Think Long John Silvers with a heavier, less tasty breading. The soup was ok and it's no longer served in a bread bowl. They had Apple Pie that day. The CM suggested it as it wasn't on the menu. Boy was it great. I sure hope that made it to the menu somehow. Now that was worth a visit. The Big plus is even when Ray's is out the door, this one you can get into and if you get upstairs is rather quiet. It was overall good, but it didn't live up to the hype it receives on this site.

We had lunch there during our trip last year. It was great! Here's a picture of our meal. (We were on the dining plan.)

I'm sorry the picture is so large, I don't know how to make it smaller. :rolleyes: :badpc:

e1700bd0.jpg

We love Columbia Harbour House!!!! It is a must when we go to MK. When it is hot outside and there are alot of people, we eat upstairs where it is usually pretty quiet. :thumbsup2

I love the hummus sandwich with broccoli slaw and a cup of chowder. It is the same yummy bread and so refreshing on a hot day! They used to have a bologna sandwich for kids that my girls loved but last year they had a cold chicken meal that wasn't bad either for the kiddos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter