College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

DD is currently working qsfb and enjoys it! She works at HS and really likes her co-workers and managers. At her location there are many different jobs and she gets placed at all of them. Sure, she isn't fond of trash and dish washing but that is just part of it. She loves creating magical moments for guests and her location allows them to give away surprise treats. Really, it's a job at the most magical place on earth- it is what you make of it so have a great time!
My DD, Tori, from York College of PA is in QSFB at Studios (on Sunset). Sha also loves her managers and co-workers. What is your DD name?

My DD, Tori, from York College of PA is in QSFB at Studios (on Sunset). Sha also loves her managers and co-workers. What is your DD name?

Hi! My DD' s name is Hayley from UT Chattanooga in TN. I think her favorite part of her area is the fact that she gets to do so many different jobs. So different from most QSFB locations with only one restaurant.

I applied for the spring advantage program a couple days ago. During this time I was supposed to be attending central washington university but unfortunately because of some classes issues I had to transfer to a community college near my house where I am now take 16 credits. How do I go about fixing this on my application? Are they going to call central washington university to
discuss my enrollment? Did I completely ruin my chances?

Hi! My DD' s name is Hayley from UT Chattanooga in TN. I think her favorite part of her area is the fact that she gets to do so many different jobs. So different from most QSFB locations with only one restaurant.

Tori and Hayley were discussing the fact that we "met" on here:)

Tori and Hayley were discussing the fact that we "met" on here:)

Funny! Yeah, Hayley loves to tease me about the DIS. I have a group of moms I met here when my youngest was born 8 years ago.....a bunch of them friended her on FB so they could see her Disney pictures and keep up with her adventures- she thinks we are all nuts! By the way, she is about to move over to Epcot for Food & Wine but then she will finish out at Sunset!

I applied for spring 2015. I had my phone interview at the end of september and have now been pended. How many people get NILCed after this? I am so scared I wont get to be in it because I limited my job choices. Thanks!

^I don't know about NLIC's but I was pended for a little over a month and just got accepted yesterday! Keep your hopes up!

Does anyone know the order in which Disney hirers for the DCP in WDW?

In general, people who apply earlier probably have a better chance of being accepted, since there are limited numbers of positions available.

Other than that, really, there's no way of knowing. It may be that they're looking for more people with a particular major, or people from a specific geographic area, or maybe they think they need more people with the letter "Z" in their name. (Ok, maybe not that one :))

I'm a Senior and want to apply for the 2015 Fall Advantage. My GPA is 2.4, and I have been in the College Mentor Program for the last 3 years working with kids, as well as having a job on campus. I really want to apply for the Fall 2015 program, but am concerned my GPA may hurt me. I've been to Disney a lot, and it's my dream to work there. I am on schedule to graduate in the Spring. Do you think I still have a chance?

Hey everyone,

I need some assistance with my application. Currently I am writing my Motivational Letter. Is there a minimum/maximum of length? Should it be more than one page?

Thanks for your help in advange.

I'm a Senior and want to apply for the 2015 Fall Advantage. My GPA is 2.4, and I have been in the College Mentor Program for the last 3 years working with kids, as well as having a job on campus. I really want to apply for the Fall 2015 program, but am concerned my GPA may hurt me. I've been to Disney a lot, and it's my dream to work there. I am on schedule to graduate in the Spring. Do you think I still have a chance?

I was accepted for this spring with a 2.58 so I wouldn't worry.

Hello everyone, I need some help! I am thinking about applying for Fall 2015 in WDW. I was wondering if you could be a character just for like pictures and giving autographs and not a character for like the performances, whether they are the parades or shows. Im thinking I want to be a character but I don't have any background experience in dancing or acting so I don't know that I would feel comfortable being a performer.

Thanks!

Hello everyone, I need some help! I am thinking about applying for Fall 2015 in WDW. I was wondering if you could be a character just for like pictures and giving autographs and not a character for like the performances, whether they are the parades or shows. Im thinking I want to be a character but I don't have any background experience in dancing or acting so I don't know that I would feel comfortable being a performer.

Thanks!

Most of the people that are selected for shows and parades have some dance and/or acting experience. Keep in mind though, that even if you aren't in a show or parade, you'll still have to act. Even though most of the characters cannot talk, they still interact with kids, and need to figure out ways to "hold a conversation" in pantomime, and behave as the character would.

That might mean that Chip and Dale need to act goofy and play tricks on each other, or that Donald may need to "have a fit" if someone says Mickey is better than he is, etc, etc.

Most of the people that are selected for shows and parades have some dance and/or acting experience. Keep in mind though, that even if you aren't in a show or parade, you'll still have to act. Even though most of the characters cannot talk, they still interact with kids, and need to figure out ways to "hold a conversation" in pantomime, and behave as the character would.

That might mean that Chip and Dale need to act goofy and play tricks on each other, or that Donald may need to "have a fit" if someone says Mickey is better than he is, etc, etc.
My S24 tried to be a character with no theater and dance exp. (psyc major)

He admits he was "blown away" by the talent. BTW: you'll need to be more than one character depending on the need for the day.

Funny story - I read about one fur character: he was sick and couldn't wipe his nose until his break.

What are seen as the best jobs to have in the DCP? I have heard a lot about merchandising and attractions but not much about hotel jobs or transportation.

Do not rule out custodial. My dd did this at the CBR and loved it. She extended and was then placed at Splash Mountain and loved this one too.

Hi, Brand new here -

A couple of questions: I just started reading and I'm already stumped with all the initials (like QSFB, KSR, GMR, EI, JC). I was wondering if there is a thread or place that I can look up initials to find out what they stand for. I'm sure after reading awhile I'll figure it out, but it'd be nice to know from the start.

Also, my daughter will be applying for the DCP (I know that one!) in a year or so and I wanted to know if she is going to college and getting a BA in General Studies (with minors in accounting, marketing, or something like that), is she eligible for the program? Or does she have to have a specific goal for her BA degree.

Thanks for any input.
Terry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter