College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

Hi, does anyone know what happens if you were supposed to be placed as a lifeguard but do not pass the test? Will you be offered another position or will you be told to go home?
Thanks in advance.:confused3

Hi, does anyone know what happens if you were supposed to be placed as a lifeguard but do not pass the test? Will you be offered another position or will you be told to go home?
Thanks in advance.:confused3

They will offer you another position. However that will be your only choice and if you don't want that job you have to go home.

Hey guys! I'm planning on doing either Spring or Fall 2014 at DLR :)

So, I was wondering if you're able to extend from Spring to Fall like you can at WDW. My friend who did DLR CP back in 2011 said that you can't extend at DLR, but I was wondering if that's changed since then?

Also, someone else on the boards told me that now you'll only get an offer for WDW OR DLR, not for both if you apply for both. So, if I really prefer DLR over WDW, should I only apply to DLR?

Thanks so much guys :)

Hey guys! I'm planning on doing either Spring or Fall 2014 at DLR :)

So, I was wondering if you're able to extend from Spring to Fall like you can at WDW. My friend who did DLR CP back in 2011 said that you can't extend at DLR, but I was wondering if that's changed since then?

Also, someone else on the boards told me that now you'll only get an offer for WDW OR DLR, not for both if you apply for both. So, if I really prefer DLR over WDW, should I only apply to DLR?

Thanks so much guys :)

The answer to your first question is no, you cannot extend your program at DLR. However, you can apply to stay on after the program as a CT or CR. If you do that, you will have to find your own housing and will be a regular cast member.

You can apply to both programs at the same time, and you can indicate a preference in your interview, but you will only get one offer. For my first program, I applied for both and requested WDW in my interview, but was offered DLR. For my second program (2 weeks from now!) I applied for both again but requested WDW, and that's where I'm going.

I haven't gone through all 10 pages of this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been asked.

Do you know how important past job experience is when applying? I've only had a office type job, so nothing that would really prepare me much for a CP. I'm kinda worried about that influencing my chances of getting accepted in the future.

I haven't gone through all 10 pages of this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been asked.

Do you know how important past job experience is when applying? I've only had a office type job, so nothing that would really prepare me much for a CP. I'm kinda worried about that influencing my chances of getting accepted in the future.

From what I can tell, past job experience is not very important. I've seen many people say that they got in with no work experience at all. I've only had 2 short-term summer jobs and I got in just fine. I'm sure you can find something from that job that will help prepare you a little bit for the CP (work ethic, dealing with coworkers, etc.), so make sure to emphasize that in your interview. If you really can't come up with anything, don't worry too much about it.

I originally had a thread up, but then I found this one.

So, let me introduce myself first. My name is Joe, and I will be a college freshman at the end of this month. I am both a Cast member at the Disney Store as well as a volunteer firefighter here in NJ. I am interested in applying for the DCP this September for Spring 2014. I've been reading up on all the phone interview tips and such, just with so many different threads to go through, I thought I may get more current answers by asking now.
So, here are my questions;
1) Is it much harder to get accepted as a freshman, or is it all based on experience in customer service and work background for your first year?
2) Does being a Disney Store CM help whatsoever in the application process.
3) Do phone interview questions change every year? I know each interview is different question-wise, but are there ever any questions that would really throw you off that those of you that've done the program were completely befuddled by?

Thanks guys!

~TD

I think getting accepted is 90% the interview. your experience might only change what role you get but that's not even always true. I got accepted the first time with only having had a paper route haha.
I don't think the interview questions change much either. It depends on your role choices but the first questions are always something about why you want to work for Disney etc.. my second CP interview was only hard because for some reason they were asking about my experience outside of the program I did before, which was pretty slim... I don't know why they did that but yeah there usually aren't many tricky questions.

The answer to your first question is no, you cannot extend your program at DLR. However, you can apply to stay on after the program as a CT or CR. If you do that, you will have to find your own housing and will be a regular cast member.

You can apply to both programs at the same time, and you can indicate a preference in your interview, but you will only get one offer. For my first program, I applied for both and requested WDW in my interview, but was offered DLR. For my second program (2 weeks from now!) I applied for both again but requested WDW, and that's where I'm going.

Aw, that's too bad. I want to do it ASAP, but I also think doing Fall sounds more fun because of all the events, and my friend says doing Fall would be more convenient for her.

So, if I apply for Spring and get in, then decide I would rather wait until Fall, will not accepting the offer penalize me? I'm still trying to weigh the pros and cons of each semester, but I don't want to lose out on my chance if I decide Spring is better for me.

And, since I really don't think I could do WDW and be so far away, I think I'll only apply for DLR.

Also, what do CT and CR stand for? I'm new to the boards and still don't know all the terminology. Thanks so much for all of your help :)

does anyone know how much you'd get a week if your role was 7.79 and let's say worked 40 hours? I mean after taxes?
also when I was custodial last time I made 7 cents over minimum wage and now it's just minimum that makes me sad haha.

does anyone know how much you'd get a week if your role was 7.79 and let's say worked 40 hours? I mean after taxes?
also when I was custodial last time I made 7 cents over minimum wage and now it's just minimum that makes me sad haha.

I'm looking at my pay stubs now and the closest I've gotten to 40 without going over is 37.38hrs. After taxes and Chatham Square rent of $101 I put in the bank $145.36.

When DCP contacts your college, does anyone know who they contact? And is it just mainly to make sure you're a current student??

they upload a list on disneyeducationconnection.com

they ask someone from the school to make sure that you meet all of disney's requirements and any that the school may have.

Does anyone know anything about CPs auditioning to be a part of the Candlelight Processional during the holidays? When are auditions, and are we eligible?

I know that CPs are definitely eligible to do Candlelight Processional, because I had a friend on my program who sang in it. I don't remember when they started posting signs for auditions, though.

Where is the Access control office/building exactly? I need to pick up my new Id fast and don't remember where it is!
HELP ASAP!

princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter