College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

Hi everyone:)
I had a question about the costuming role for the college program. Is it hard to get into? Has anyone done it and did you like it? What kind of things do you do? I have been looking on youtube to see if anyone had any vlogs up describing all of this but I can't seem to find any.

Thanks!
Kelsey

Has anyone's child gone seasonal? Or anyone here?

What did you do for a place to stay? If she went down for the summer - are there places that rent apartments for two months? What about two weeks? My dd told me she would like to apply for seasonal but you need to work so many hours quarterly. Trying to figure out if we/she can make this work.

Has anyone's child gone seasonal? Or anyone here?

What did you do for a place to stay? If she went down for the summer - are there places that rent apartments for two months? What about two weeks? My dd told me she would like to apply for seasonal but you need to work so many hours quarterly. Trying to figure out if we/she can make this work.

There are many apartment complexes around town that offer a Disney discount, and month to month leases. Month to month comes at a major premium though. If you are coming down for a week or two, I'd reccommend looking at some of the extended stay hotels along 192, they may not be the best quality, but it's less than $200 a week for everything, beats $800-$900 per month for a rent, not to mention also dealing with all of the utility set-ups/disconnects.

There are many apartment complexes around town that offer a Disney discount, and month to month leases. Month to month comes at a major premium though. If you are coming down for a week or two, I'd reccommend looking at some of the extended stay hotels along 192, they may not be the best quality, but it's less than $200 a week for everything, beats $800-$900 per month for a rent, not to mention also dealing with all of the utility set-ups/disconnects.

Will go browse/explore some of these hotels - I guess I will google extended stay hotels.
Thank you.

So I tried a search but I wasn't able to find a definite answer (at least not right away)... but when can a CP get into the parks for free? Is it right after Traditions or is there some kind of waiting period? I ask because my parents will be down there for 2 days after I check in and was hoping we could all go together (they are buying their own tickets).

So I tried a search but I wasn't able to find a definite answer (at least not right away)... but when can a CP get into the parks for free? Is it right after Traditions or is there some kind of waiting period? I ask because my parents will be down there for 2 days after I check in and was hoping we could all go together (they are buying their own tickets).

You get your ID at Traditions and can get into the parks with it as soon as you get out of class that day.

You get your ID at Traditions and can get into the parks with it as soon as you get out of class that day.

Thanks! Hopefully I get traditions the day after checkin so we can go (although I might buy myself a ticket if I dont get it before they leave) :)

Thanks! Hopefully I get traditions the day after checkin so we can go (although I might buy myself a ticket if I dont get it before they leave) :)

You won't. If your check in is a Monday your traditions will be on Thursday or Friday. There is a very small chance of Wednesday. This is because they are waiting for your fingerprints to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So my original arrival date was Aug 12 and I bought a ticket for a concert Sept 13. now my arrival date is Sept 9 and I really want to go to that concert. I know the first day is check in, second is mostly off, third is traditions. now after that I can't remember the order but I would have the training (1 day for custodial) at DU and the location orientation. When I did my first program both of those were in the morning is that the usual?

For Spring advantage this year, I had check in on Tuesday, a housing meeting on Wednesday, Thursday was a free day, and Traditions was Friday. Then on Saturday I had my Downtown Disney property orientation which ended mid afternoon. If that's still how it is for fall/fall advantage, you should still be able to go to the concert. :)

Question about Chatham Square... I assume there is a cable hookup in the living area, but is there also cable in the bedrooms?

Thanks!

I am supposed to arrive on August 5th but some family medical problems recently came up and I am unable to go anymore. Should I let them know that I'm not coming anymore and if so, how? Also, I forgot my information for my dashboard and everytime I try to have it sent to my email it won't do it. It gives you the option to put in your email or your unique sting. Does anyone more what that is?

So the last email/dashboard update I got was about the disney look and it was around july 2nd.. I start on the 19th and Im just wondering if anyone is on the same boat as me and hasnt gotten any new updates.. I mean im guessing I should be getting something this week im guessing but yea just wanted to see if anyone is on the same boat as me.. With that being said I cant wait to be there already! any posts regarding this is helpful.

Has anyone done DCP after they graduated college?

Thoughts?

I'm hoping some one with experience answers this. My dd is hoping to do this. She will graduate in 2016, and will apply to the CP in Jan/Feb, hoping to get approved for the fall program. I'm a bit nervous since it's pretty much a one time shot for her since she will be graduating. Wish that wasn't the case, but it is what it is. She is incredibly busy the hear before with study abroad, so no CP for her that year.
Her goal in life? She is a theatre major...she wants to get accepted into the CP, and then hopefully stay with Disney for awhile. She doesn't much care what she does...she realizes that any character or stage work would probably not be possible. So even if she worked in a shop she would be happy. Then after a while, she would look at her options in life. But working for Disney has been her goal for years and years!!!

I am supposed to arrive on August 5th but some family medical problems recently came up and I am unable to go anymore. Should I let them know that I'm not coming anymore and if so, how? Also, I forgot my information for my dashboard and everytime I try to have it sent to my email it won't do it. It gives you the option to put in your email or your unique sting. Does anyone more what that is?

You should call them. I can't think of the number right now but you should have it on an email somewhere. Or just ask on one of the Facebook groups. They won't refund your fee but will be understanding and ask you to apply again.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Has anyone done DCP after they graduated college?

Thoughts?

I did! I did my last 2 CPs (CP + extension) after I was done with school. As long as you are currently enrolled in college, you can do the CP after you graduate

for your work location training, does everyone have the first day as a park/whatever orientation? and is that usually in the morning? like I had discovery day for Epcot and I feel like it had to be in the morning but I don't know haha.

for your work location training, does everyone have the first day as a park/whatever orientation? and is that usually in the morning? like I had discovery day for Epcot and I feel like it had to be in the morning but I don't know haha.

Not always. On one of my CPs, I had the park orientation after my role training had started

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter