• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washers cost $1 and Dryers cost $1 so it's not too bad.

Thank you, as well as Becky (and anyone else who brought it up) for discussing this; it crossed my mind the other night, and I neglected to post.
[Also, thank you for mentioning that the costumes are taken care of, and washing them yourself is not required.]

On a separate subject:
Are there any discounts that apply to the Disney golf courses? I haven't seen any information regarding that.
I do realize that golfing time would be at a premium, working during a CP, but the possibility is enticing.

Can someone please explain the laundry situation to me?
I've heard you buy a card thing that costs 5$ and you get two or three bucks on it to use towards laundry- but you don't have to buy a new one every time right? Can you just put more money on that one card? :confused:
And do the machines take quarters or just those cards?

Also the thing about it being 5 dollars is that you have to use a 5 dollar bill to buy it. You can't put like 20 in there and put it all on the card until after you buy the card with a 5...it's stupid.

Thank you, as well as Becky (and anyone else who brought it up) for discussing this; it crossed my mind the other night, and I neglected to post.
[Also, thank you for mentioning that the costumes are taken care of, and washing them yourself is not required.]

On a separate subject:
Are there any discounts that apply to the Disney golf courses? I haven't seen any information regarding that.
I do realize that golfing time would be at a premium, working during a CP, but the possibility is enticing.

I'm going to say yes because I asked this once a while back and think they said certain courses have discounts. But someone will clarify it for you soon. Someone who really knows.:thumbsup2

Also the thing about it being 5 dollars is that you have to use a 5 dollar bill to buy it. You can't put like 20 in there and put it all on the card until after you buy the card with a 5...it's stupid.

Also you don't pay $5 and just get the card. You put in a 5 dollar bill and get the card which has a $4 starting balance on it.

Can Canadians be in the college program? I'm in a Marine Biology co-op program and want to do one of my work terms in Disney, but I don't know where to start.

I have been accepted to do the CP for Fall 2011, but I'm not so sure that it would be a good idea for me right now. If I decline does it hurt my chances of getting accepted if I apply again?

I have been accepted to do the CP for Fall 2011, but I'm not so sure that it would be a good idea for me right now. If I decline does it hurt my chances of getting accepted if I apply again?

Not at all. The only things that you could do which would hurt your chances of rehire are leave the program early once it's started or get fired.

Hi everyone!

I'm too young to do the program now - I'm a junior in high school - but I was wondering if I could watch the e-presentation anyway? As in, could I watch the presentation but not apply for the program (then be able to apply for it years from now)?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I'm too young to do the program now - I'm a junior in high school - but I was wondering if I could watch the e-presentation anyway? As in, could I watch the presentation but not apply for the program (then be able to apply for it years from now)?

Thanks!

Of course you can! I've been watching it since I was a junior in hs anyway, lol. :goodvibes

I am so excited.
I was supposed to be going back to school in August but I couldn't get any financial aid for the program I wanted to do, and my parents talked me out of it.
But I decided to just pay for a class and then I'll be able to apply for the college program for spring 2012. :goodvibes

What is Mission Timekeeper? And where do I find it?
Also when I log in where can I find if they've changed my role over from qsfb to entertainment?
Thanks!

Congrats !! Thats what ill be doing this fall and im so nervous and excited......I feel like there is no preparing for it though

Hello all I just had my phone interview today and I am so nervous they told me it should be about 2-3 weeks before I hear anything, has anyone heard before this?

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I admit, I didn't read most of the board, but I did a light search and didn't come up with anything.

Has anyone in CP been in the Costuming department? What was your experience like there?

Sorry if this has been brought up already.

Thanks!

Hello all I just had my phone interview today and I am so nervous they told me it should be about 2-3 weeks before I hear anything, has anyone heard before this?

Some hear in a week. Some here in 4 weeks. Some in 5. Some pend for a few weeks/months. It's all really random.:thumbsup2

EEYORE :];40783308 said:
What is Mission Timekeeper? And where do I find it?
Also when I log in where can I find if they've changed my role over from qsfb to entertainment?
Thanks!
It's a game it should be in the left hand side of the screen after you've logged in. And where it says your check in date it should say your role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter